Craigslist war stories

tonysbricks

Its ok, she's associated with the Lego club at our neighborhood school. I'd rather have sales like that, no packing, listing, just a brisk walk down the block! Now I have an excuse not to exercise!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Brickpicker mobile app

Nice, but isn't Hxckid supposed to motivate us to exercise? http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/12747-what-you-consume-and-what-you-lift-food-and-fitness-stuff/

On topic I sold a used 7636 Harvester Combine for $80 today. It's crazy how popular the Lego Farm sets are.

Nice, but isn't Hxckid supposed to motivate us to exercise? http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/12747-what-you-consume-and-what-you-lift-food-and-fitness-stuff/

On topic I sold a used 7636 Harvester Combine for $80 today. It's crazy how popular the Lego Farm sets are.

and he's my best friend and won't lift with me. Sheer laziness. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

Am 3 for 3 on positive (buying) experiences on CL, but 3rd was a followup buy from #2 (nice schoolteacher lady w/sealed Harry Potter collection--I bought Hogwarts Expr & Diagon Alley). It helps if you're only buying sealed sets I guess. I'm new at this, so will be awhile before anything matures enough to sell. Appreciate all the posts here, telling me what to watch out for!

So here's a new one... I bought a 25ish pound used lot about three weeks ago for $75, today I get an email from the seller basically bragging that he sold all the good stuff out of it on eBay and left me only stuff that wouldn't sell. Do I...

A) ignore him and get a new disposable email address for Craigslist?

B) send him screen shots of his stuff that I sold (comes to around $350 before fees)?

C) have my Bulgarian friends send him a recipe for soup in their native Cyrlic language?

So here's a new one... I bought a 25ish pound used lot about three weeks ago for $75, today I get an email from the seller basically bragging that he sold all the good stuff out of it on eBay and left me only stuff that wouldn't sell. Do I...

B) send him screen shots of his stuff that I sold (comes to around $350 before fees)?

C) have my Bulgarian friends send him a recipe for soup in their native Cyrlic language?

I'd tell him what you have sold. Tell him to shove it. Can't believe someone would be that obnoxious and do that.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Brickpicker mobile app

I think my personal suggestion would cause you to go to jail, so I won't say it as I don't want to be an accessory to any assault charges :cheese:

I had a similar thing happen about a year ago.  Guy in another town was selling a really big lot.  When I call him on the phone for specifics on the lot he basically tells me all the money he's made on cherry picking the lot.  Needless to say, I passed on it.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if I can make money by renting my services to people. I accompany you on your cl deal. I punch hard. I'm a decent shot and am referred to as the hulk on an Internet forum...... Any takers.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Agh so that's the rare leia, nice find! That's a good bit of luck haha

Yeah, that was lucky.  You couldn't tell from the online pics that it was the rare version.  Needless to say, I was stoked when I saw it.  It took every fiber of my being to keep from screaming "f- yeah!" during the sale when I pulled it out of the ziploc baggie.

Coming soon to a Brick Classifieds ad near you...

• Like 1

Yeah, that was lucky.  You couldn't tell from the online pics that it was the rare version.  Needless to say, I was stoked when I saw it.  It took every fiber of my being to keep from screaming "f- yeah!" during the sale when I pulled it out of the ziploc baggie.

Lmfao it's alright he prolly would have thought that you had a thing for leia :P

• Like 1

Its getting ridiculous now.  2 More since this one happened and about 5 or 6 the past few months.  Most are iphones and gaming systems but it does hurt sales.  Had 2 customers this week say they were nervous about coming so I'm sure there are others that just don't bother now.

When local police are advising anyone selling stuff to feel free to do the transaction on the police headquarters grounds you know it has gotten out of control.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/man-found-shot-to-death-behind-wheeel-of-car-in-ma/nj7qt/

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/man-shot-and-killed-during-dekalb-craigslist-trans/njzpW/

Yeah, that was lucky. You couldn't tell from the online pics that it was the rare version. Needless to say, I was stoked when I saw it. It took every fiber of my being to keep from screaming "f- yeah!" during the sale when I pulled it out of the ziploc baggie.

Imagine how I felt when a seller opened a bin and the spiral bound instructions for the UCS star destroyer were sitting there.

• Like 1

Saw this over the weekend. The listing said over $400 worth of sets. The asking price... Drumroll please... $20.

I don't see anything immediately from the pics. The base plates are from some 90's city sets. I see a sand green tower that is potentially Harry potter, plus some octagonal plates that makes me think it's the original Hogwarts.

I bit. It's a 30 minute drive from my office. For $20, I figure it's worth the gamble.

Will make another post once I sort it out. I'm skeptical because of the low asking price, but it's from a well off part of town, so maybe don't need the money. I'm supposed to meet at their house. Definitely leaving the info with a co-worker before I leave!

post-36710-0-50960500-1424619039.jpg

post-36710-0-52756700-1424619052.jpg

Saw this over the weekend. The listing said over $400 worth of sets. The asking price... Drumroll please... $20.

I don't see anything immediately from the pics. The base plates are from some 90's city sets. I see a sand green tower that is potentially Harry potter, plus some octagonal plates that makes me think it's the original Hogwarts.

I bit. It's a 30 minute drive from my office. For $20, I figure it's worth the gamble.

Will make another post once I sort it out. I'm skeptical because of the low asking price, but it's from a well off part of town, so maybe don't need the money. I'm supposed to meet at their house. Definitely leaving the info with a co-worker before I leave!

It looks like that there will be a lot of mega blocks and other assorted junk in that lot if your buying it for $20, but you can still make money on it.