Craigslist war stories

tonysbricks

Most likely Joe Bass ,but with all the exposure from us at bricklink and really can't get into details about the cell phones tracking,or the dish live show or shutting down the computers etc that was used in our research and data pulled.

I think with the FB,Flickr,and other sites like RS,MegoMuseum,Eurobricks and LUGNET he or they are out of commission.

Not a smart scammer and low end money so pretty much the rover or beast is down.

The lousy part of all this was that it will give ideas to others who want to try it and are doing it right now,but our Lego community is tight and we are smarter of course

and realize that besides we can use Wordpress so no one catches on or codes here or even super secret and hide the threads he or any else will not catch on.

Plus we tagged photos so our community is safe just have to work on the other one that has not been around so long.

So to any scammers out there we at the Lego community will track your phone,get into your hard drive,even live shows so beware and use wordpress and links to YouTube,FB and even get into your email to pull and tag photos so watch out for you will not be able to catch on.

Right Joe I am sure you have the same computer hard drives and phone because you are not smarter and even the hard drive to the PS3 or dish.

Haha we won

Wat?

• Like 1

Most likely Joe Bass ,but with all the exposure from us at bricklink and really can't get into details about the cell phones tracking,or the dish live show or shutting down the computers etc that was used in our research and data pulled.

I think with the FB,Flickr,and other sites like RS,MegoMuseum,Eurobricks and LUGNET he or they are out of commission.

Not a smart scammer and low end money so pretty much the rover or beast is down.

The lousy part of all this was that it will give ideas to others who want to try it and are doing it right now,but our Lego community is tight and we are smarter of course

and realize that besides we can use Wordpress so no one catches on or codes here or even super secret and hide the threads he or any else will not catch on.

Plus we tagged photos so our community is safe just have to work on the other one that has not been around so long.

So to any scammers out there we at the Lego community will track your phone,get into your hard drive,even live shows so beware and use wordpress and links to YouTube,FB and even get into your email to pull and tag photos so watch out for you will not be able to catch on.

Right Joe I am sure you have the same computer hard drives and phone because you are not smarter and even the hard drive to the PS3 or dish.

Haha we won

• 2 weeks later...

I maintain various listings on Craigslist by theme (one for Star Wars, one for LOTR, etc.) as I find a lot of people like to buy many sets by theme all at once. Yesterday a guy contacts me offering to buy "all my stock" listed for Star Wars and LOTR. I pointed out that I have multiples of each set and asked how many did he want? He asked me to come up with a number so I ran the math and sent him an email listing how many of each set I had and said that at the prices on my listings they would all go for $2750 and that I would reduce that by about 10% to an even $2500 if he wanted it all. Now he's saying he can't buy that much and will just take the LOTR sets, but that my prices are too high for all but Helms Deep and says he can get most of the sets for half my price on Amazon. These are sets like Mines of Moria, Attack on Weathertop, Orc Forge, etc. and he thinks he should pay $45 CDN each, which is less than what I paid when they were on sale and certainly less than what I've been selling them for and what they're showing on here. Today I told him again I'm happy to reduce by 10% but I'm not interested in selling for a loss and can and have sold these sets at my prices over time. No response yet. This whole thing has seemed sort of funny to me from the start. Thoughts?

Edited by jeff_14

I maintain various listings on Craigslist by theme (one for Star Wars, one for LOTR, etc.) as I find a lot of people like to buy many sets by theme all at once. Yesterday a guy contacts me offering to buy "all my stock" listed for Star Wars and LOTR. I pointed out that I have multiples of each set and asked how many did he want? He asked me to come up with a number so I ran the math and sent him an email listing how many of each set I had and said that at the prices on my listings they would all go for $2750 and that I would reduce that by about 10% to an even $2500 if he wanted it all. Now he's saying he can't buy that much and will just take the LOTR sets, but that my prices are too high for all but Helms Deep and says he can get most of the sets for half my price on Amazon. These are sets like Mines of Moria, Attack on Weathertop, Orc Forge, etc. and he thinks he should pay $45 CDN each, which is less than what I paid when they were on sale and certainly less than what I've been selling them for and what they're showing on here. Today I told him again I'm happy to reduce by 10% but I'm not interested in selling for a loss and can and have sold these sets at my prices over time. No response yet. This whole thing has seemed sort of funny to me from the start. Thoughts?

My thoughts are you found a fellow Brickpicker trying to lowball you.  LOL

• Like 1

He just came back asking if I would sell the LOTR sets for $1,000, saying I was charging retail prices and he could get them elsewhere cheaper. These are sets that I'm asking $2,300 for in total and which I likely paid around $1500. I told him if he could get them elsewhere cheaper he should but that I wasn't interested in selling for a loss, especially on sets that are gone or almost gone from stores and rising in price. All very civil. 

He just came back asking if I would sell the LOTR sets for $1,000, saying I was charging retail prices and he could get them elsewhere cheaper. These are sets that I'm asking $2,300 for in total and which I likely paid around $1500. I told him if he could get them elsewhere cheaper he should but that I wasn't interested in selling for a loss, especially on sets that are gone or almost gone from stores and rising in price. All very civil. 

I'd tell him the same thing.  Go elsewhere if you can.  You and he both know he can't.

I had a CL buyer trying to buy a 7938 Passenger Train for like $90 after it was retired.  I told him the same thing, "I'm not selling this at a loss" 

jeff_14, no way your prices are higher than Amazon.  Some folks just want a super deal that is not realistic or hoping the seller is really desperate.  There's always low ballers especially on a free public buying/selling site.  I don't even reply to silly offers, not worth my effort.  Good luck finding retired sets let alone below clearance prices haha. 

So far, knock on wood, no weird transactions face to face.  All nice buyers.   

Edited by weakside

Thought about it more over lunch and went back with $500 for the 3, explaining that's $40 below both my asking price and retail price if you can even find any (which you can't in Toronto) plus no tax. That would be an almost 100% profit in one year which is always acceptable to me. Let's see where this goes.

Edited by jeff_14

He asked for $450 and whether there's any creases or scuffs. I said I'd hold firm at $500 and recheck the condition tonight but they should be damage free. This is Steve from Hamilton in case anyone else has dealings with this guy.

I have a feeling that we are gonna see a post from Steve right here on this thread soon ;)
  • Like 1