Craigslist war stories

tonysbricks

I agree this set has lots of growth potential in future and if his aim is to resell them more power to him. I have no problem with taking profits and many of my sales are for the retail price but where I paid half that. I'm trying to be reasonable but am not going to throw money away.

I've had good stories so far.

Bought queen Ann's revene and black pearl today out of box and built but at 100$ each seemed reasonable.

Yesterday and day before I got contacted by people wanting to sell me sealed sets and I got 4 one day and 17 sets the next day.

My only pet peeve though is lately people will message me then want my number then text me but they only respond to their texts every 8 hours so that's been the most difficult for me. Trust me first time I have a bad experience I will be ranting here

I've had good stories so far.

Bought queen Ann's revene and black pearl today out of box and built but at 100$ each seemed reasonable.

Yesterday and day before I got contacted by people wanting to sell me sealed sets and I got 4 one day and 17 sets the next day.

My only pet peeve though is lately people will message me then want my number then text me but they only respond to their texts every 8 hours so that's been the most difficult for me. Trust me first time I have a bad experience I will be ranting here

As long as you're prepared. Craigslist brings out the weird in people

I just picked my first used set off of CL today and other than taking a week to try and get the deal done, it was a good experience. I told the guy I would pay what he was asking, $350 for a 10188 DS, then he inexplicably dropped $30 off. It was his 13yo kid actually making the deal when we met up. He had seperated all the pieces into ziplocks and labeled them like the original bag numbers. post-10435-14131493881748_thumb.jpg

And one of the last bags I came across was...

post-10435-14131494477349_thumb.jpg

The kid actually gave me the "extra" pieces from the set too. If I had realized this at the time of the deal I would have flipped him an extra $10 (and a couple chima worriz bikes). Very cool of him!

• Like 2

I just picked my first used set off of CL today and other than taking a week to try and get the deal done, it was a good experience. I told the guy I would pay what he was asking, $350 for a 10188 DS, then he inexplicably dropped $30 off. It was his 13yo kid actually making the deal when we met up. He had seperated all the pieces into ziplocks and labeled them like the original bag numbers. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1413149380.488749.jpg

And one of the last bags I came across was...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1413149439.693450.jpg

The kid actually gave me the "extra" pieces from the set too. If I had realized this at the time of the deal I would have flipped him an extra $10 (and a couple chima worriz bikes). Very cool of him!

Was this in pa?

Im curious, is this because of the brutal profit margins lately?

I was just a collector. Collecting isn't as much fun when your kid is in the dark ages. I am hoping the barbie dark ages come soon. There is a barbie dark ages right???

I think I am just going to collect the marvel sets and the rest of the hobbit line.

• Like 1

There was a local ad for a tub of "Mega Bloks brand Legos." I guess people don't understand what a brand is.

I actually have a funny story about this. General public think Mega=Big LEGO=Small. Last Christmas I had some mega Bloks and the only way anyone would even think about getting them was if i put lego in there with it. They all would say, Oh I thought you were trying to sell those huge baby bricks.

I actually have a funny story about this. General public think Mega=Big LEGO=Small. Last Christmas I had some mega Bloks and the only way anyone would even think about getting them was if i put lego in there with it. They all would say, Oh I thought you were trying to sell those huge baby bricks.

That does make sense, though. Mega Bloks produces Lego and Duplo clones. But they also make the large baby "bricks." 

My wife thought duplo bricks were mega blocks.....

There was a local ad for a tub of "Mega Bloks brand Legos." I guess people don't understand what a brand is.

A lot of people call any plastic building block a "lego," just like a lot of people will ask for a "kleenex" instead of a tissue. 

• Like 1