Craigslist war stories

tonysbricks

I'll give a proper post once I get this thing sorted out. The few pieces/minifigs that I've pulled are kind of beat up. Seems like all the minifigs torsos are on different legs and heads, and all the hands are pulled. 

So far I've noticed pieces from some 90's sets, but the pieces are kind of beat up, so I'll either throw them on ebay noting they are rough or maybe trash them if they're bad enough. They are very dirty, and I've been sorting with rubber gloves and immediately washing any parts I pull.

So far, I see a lot of pieces from 4867 - Hogwarts, 7930 - Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship and 4439 - Heavy Duty Helicopter. Not really seeing $400 worth, although I'll get my $20 back and should make some money.

Edited by mightycaseyatbat

Its getting ridiculous now.  2 More since this one happened and about 5 or 6 the past few months.  Most are iphones and gaming systems but it does hurt sales.  Had 2 customers this week say they were nervous about coming so I'm sure there are others that just don't bother now.

When local police are advising anyone selling stuff to feel free to do the transaction on the police headquarters grounds you know it has gotten out of control.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/man-found-shot-to-death-behind-wheeel-of-car-in-ma/nj7qt/

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/man-shot-and-killed-during-dekalb-craigslist-trans/njzpW/

My lord. Now I don't feel so stupid about always meeting CL buyers armed, with an armed friend, and a running video camera.

Mmmm smoked salmon...........

I know right. I'm tempted to make the 2hr road trip. Do a little boarding, eat a little salmon. Enjoy the view (snow bunnies).

I'd rather have some maple syrup.

I'm 99% sure this is authentic native Indian smoked salmon. I don't see anyone else making this offer, especially outside of Vancouver. There is a good chance it's made with maple syrup, usually called candied salmon. Double whammy baby!
  • Like 2

Smoked salmon for Lego's?!?! Classic.

I like this guy's approach... a real throw-back to the days of ole' with the trade/barter approach. Very renaissance.

I have a (non-functioning) George Foreman grill, a left-handed putting iron, and a partially-used loose-leaf binder with Menudo on the cover if anyone is interested in trading for an SSD.

• Like 1

I know right. I'm tempted to make the 2hr road trip. Do a little boarding, eat a little salmon. Enjoy the view (snow bunnies).

I'm 99% sure this is authentic native Indian smoked salmon. I don't see anyone else making this offer, especially outside of Vancouver. There is a good chance it's made with maple syrup, usually called candied salmon. Double whammy baby!

Wait wait wait...Maple syrup cured smoked salmon!?! If the north ever thaws out I'm so taking a trip for that reason only.

Smoked salmon for Lego's?!?! Classic.

I like this guy's approach... a real throw-back to the days of ole' with the trade/barter approach. Very renaissance.

I have a (non-functioning) George Foreman grill, a left-handed putting iron, and a partially-used loose-leaf binder with Menudo on the cover if anyone is interested in trading for an SSD.

I'd do this deal, minus the instructions.

Wait wait wait...Maple syrup cured smoked salmon!?! If the north ever thaws out I'm so taking a trip for that reason only.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic but yeah, no joke. I may just have to hit up my local meat shop tomorrow, they usually have 3-4 different salmons for sale. I'll post a pic.

This is the most "action" this thread has seen in awhile. 2 years old and 250 posts. 2 posts a week for 2 years lol. If only after the CL salmon post was made someone would of said this thread is going to get interesting soon.

When it gets on a roll like this it's pretty hard to not turn it into a chat room.
  • Like 2

A smoked salmon roll is a great idea! I know what I am having for lunch

We really should have a chat room thread. Just sheer randomness.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

I think this is going to be the first time I've ever ran out of "likes"!
  • Like 2