Prediction of worth for Series 10 "Mr. Gold"

TheOrcKing

I went and merged this topic with the one I had started a while ago since they were both created for the same question of how much Mr Gold will be worth when he hits the open market.

No offense to anyone here, but I hope the youngest Lego collectors with just a couple bucks manage to get lucky and get these as opposed to the AFOLS who are undoubtedly going to buy case after case. I guess I'm just in the mood for a feel-good story.

That would be nice. Like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory all over again.

Is there going to be an easy way to feel for him? Like his gold top hat or something? I don't have much experience "smooshing."

Yep. That top hat is wicked easy to find. It was the same thing with Mr Good & Evil; find that top hat and you got him. Also I think Mr Gold is supposed to have some kind of cane or something with a diamond on top. In any case, just feel for the top hat.

Well the easiest way is knowing the weight that he should be. As you said, the hat is probably the next easiest way to find him.

How would that work exactly? He'd weigh the same as everybody else inside of a box and you can just feel for him within a minute outside of a box. Him and Mr Good & Evil are wicked easy to feel for.

I think they should put the CMFs in a plastic case inside the bag.......damn smooshers ;)

Hey, I resent that! And besides, like that would really change a thing. Although If it did, the situation would be worse. Instead of 'smooshers', you'd have 'cutters'. (People would come in with a pair of tiny scissors and just cut open the packs to get the ones they want.)

Doesn't look like it. Read the description.

Hi! You are bidding on 100 unopened unsearched series 10 Lego mini figure packs. Possible rare Mr Gold? Email me with any questions.

I love it. A possible Mr Gold. The guy has no idea or haven't even tried. Or he did and will keep Mr Gold for himself and replace the one he took with another random mystery bag for the lot.

Still, 100 unopened packets for around $36 (the current bid) is pretty good.

Hi! You are bidding on 100 unopened unsearched series 10 Lego mini figure packs. Possible rare Mr Gold? Email me with any questions.

I love it. A possible Mr Gold. The guy has no idea or haven't even tried. Or he did and will keep Mr Gold for himself and replace the one he took with another random mystery bag for the lot.

Of course he tried.

Of course he tried. no way he tried........everyone on eBay is 100% honest ;)

Of course he tried. no way he tried........everyone on eBay is 100% honest ;)I suppose we could take his word for it...then again, I`d be slightly more convinced if they were all still in original boxes and the sale was for 120 figs as opposed to 100.

Nope.......some knucklehead that thinks this guy didn't smoosh these will pay top dollar! My low end guess would be 220.00

$220 / 100 = $2.2 per pack. Pretty good for CMF that is not even in the market yet.

I have to agree about one thing, the chances for getting Mr.Gold in those packets is very close to 0

Yes, under "completed listings" you can see what items sold for. Unfortunately, if the seller accepts a Best Offer that is lower than the listed price, we won't see the final price, only a slash through the original price and a statement that a lower Best Offer price was accepted.