Prediction of worth for Series 10 "Mr. Gold"

TheOrcKing

For those in doubt, here's what it really looks like.

Hmm, intriguing. I wonder if it will make smooshing a little bit more difficult? I would quess that having a bag within a bag will make separating parts trickier somewhat, but from a glance all of his pieces are so simply unique that I don't think it will matter too much. The top hat is huge and the cane is, well, a stick. Then there's his diamond and lightsaber hilt too.

Thank you for sharing the image; it's cool to finally see Mr Gold 'in the plastic' as it were.

Hmm, intriguing. I wonder if it will make smooshing a little bit more difficult? I would quess that having a bag within a bag will make separating parts trickier somewhat, but from a glance all of his pieces are so simply unique that I don't think it will matter too much. The top hat is huge and the cane is, well, a stick. Then there's his diamond and lightsaber hilt too.

Thank you for sharing the image; it's cool to finally see Mr Gold 'in the plastic' as it were.

I'm not an expert on the dot method. Will it work for the Series 10 or is it not confirmed yet?

John, thanks for your images and information. Everyone, John from Bricks and Minifigs is full of great LEGO information and has a chain of LEGO shops with a great inventory of new and used sets. If any of you are in the the Washington, Oregon or New Mexico areas, go check out their stores.

Ditto. John, you're a lucky guy. If you ever happen to be in Texas... You should open a store in Texas :)

There were 2 from a seller in germany same person and one already sold for $1300 I believe. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251261252847 And the second is still getting offers. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261200943042 I think it is insane to purchase for that amount of money. But someone has more money then sense so I guess let them waste away. I personal am amazed that this person in Germany was able to get 2 so close in count 865 / 870 considering they are supposed to be 5000 worldwide. I will be happy just getting the full set and moving on to series 11.

Lego produced 10,000 TC-14s, and they can be had for 28 bucks. (i think I read it was 10,000) But, arguably, most of those went to collectors, or at least educated buyers. How many Mr. Gold figures will end up in party favor bags or gag gifts, forever to be tucked away in a lucky box? Macks, how many tc-14s have sold on ebay? Do you think there will be a proportionate amount of golds available on the secondary market? I think, if you want one, you'll have to pay 500 bucks for it now, or find it American Pickers style in somebody's attic in 25 years.

I'm not an expert on the dot method. Will it work for the Series 10 or is it not confirmed yet?

I gave up on bothering anymore with the dot method at all. I tried it a few times with Series 8 and each one was the wrong character. Either the 'bumps' didn't line up, match, printed correctly, or something. It ended up being much quicker and 100% reliable just to smoosh. Well maybe not quite faster but certainly reliable. Takes some practice with each new series but you get in a habit of what to feel for and can end up going through a number of packets in a short amount of time.

The short answer, I have no idea if the dot method still works or at all.

Just not my schtick.

i like how this post was moved into the members only........serious bizz, getting real

I only just now noticed that. I guess the eBay listings and images are considered 'confidental'.

Or something.... I don't know. It wasn't me that moved it here.

I didn't think there would be a number printed onto the minifigure itself. Is there a number on the included leaflet? I found this enlarged image on one of the two eBay lots mentioned earlier in the thread.

Oh, and good stroke of luck already finding a Mr Gold!

Thank you OrcKing I went back and found the right flyer. It has a code to input on the site but I'm guessing it is not up yet or maybe it is hiding like my flyer was. Lol

The pic that was posted is exactly what it looks like. I'm so happy it is clear bagged.

I do feel a little bad ... My friend texted me that our local Fred Meyer had the series 10 in store. I got off work three hours before she did. I ran over and found the gold. I'm not sure she is speaking to me. Lol I didn't know how rare he is and searched all the bags for another one for her, to no avail, before I left. Oh well ..... Hehehe

My Mr. Gold is #4928/5000

John, thanks for your images and information. Everyone, John from Bricks and Minifigs is full of great LEGO information and has a chain of LEGO shops with a great inventory of new and used sets. If any of you are in the the Washington, Oregon or New Mexico areas, go check out their stores.

It was just last Saturday that I heard about Bricks and mini figs stores. I have one just an hour North of me and I have already called and I'm making plans to go this weekend. John, if I had a bankroll I would be hitting you up for a franchise. My dream job for sure. Years ago I had a used toy store and LEGO never moved for me ..... I kept it all for myself. Lol

I knew in seconds that it was him. That top hat is all you need to feel for. It sticks out like a sore thumb. Lol

Thank you OrcKing I went back and found the right flyer. It has a code to input on the site but I'm guessing it is not up yet or maybe it is hiding like my flyer was. Lol

Unless the link for the site is hidden in code somewhere, the site isn't up yet. (At least not officially.)

I knew in seconds that it was him. That top hat is all you need to feel for. It sticks out like a sore thumb. Lol

That's what most of us thought when we finally saw some images for Mr Gold. It was the same thing with Mr Good & Evil from Series 9; that top hat was a cinch to find.

I figured to add a list onto the main post listing the numbers of every Mr Gold that pops up to help us keep track of how many have been found. So far there have been four including Twiddlepotts' Mr Gold.

I don't have my handy dandy scientific scale so I can't say for sure on the weight difference, and yes it has the standard base plate and paper insert (just a different back side). There is a dot code for it of course, and as far as feel or anything else, all I can say is that it felt like any of the other thousands of series figs I've opened over the years. It does have an ever so slight softer crinkle to it because of the second bag, but seriously just feel for the staff (harry potter type wand). It's easier to feel than the hat.

And just for Brickpicker so they can be the first in the world to publish it (since I love working with Ed & Jeff) is the dot code as shown below.

Just noticed this... I guess since the MF was made in Mexico the back of the bag is in spanish and french. Do all the MF in the US follow this pattern?

The ones over here in Spain IIRC are in english. I'll have to get a case of series 9 to confirm that later today xD

wheres the link to the post of which numbers are claimed?

Bricks already answered this question:

The website isn't active yet. I can only assume that they aren't going to launch it until "LEGO" officially starts selling them. As for the number of cases, it doesn't really matter since it was dumb luck anyways to find it.

I guess we should see it launched pretty soon. What is the release date? May 1st?

I contacted LEGO this morning and got the wonderful response regarding the series 10 release (although not totally unexpected). Here is an approximate reproduction of that conversation...

ring ring....

"Thank you for calling The Lego Group how can I help you?"

"I was looking for the website so I could see where the Mr Gold minifigs are being found?"

"I'm sorry but we haven't released series 10 and I don't have any information about it"

"Well I see they are available are several retailers plus ebay and bricklink so I was just curious because I see some people have gold ones and I wanted to see where they found them"

"Well I don't know anything about the gold one or the website and IF you see them at a retailer they are violating our terms and conditions and I would be skeptical if they are actually in stock. I also have no additional information about anything relating to series 10, please keep checking our website and when we actually release them and have a nice day "

Again, nothing bad or scathing, just the company line on something that they haven't officially released. But I am anxiously awaiting that maps arrival. It's a lot like the check-in list they did for the limited edition Santa Fe train. Really fun to look at that list and see where they all supposedly are.

Bricks already answered this question:

The website isn't active yet. I can only assume that they aren't going to launch it until "LEGO" officially starts selling them. As for the number of cases, it doesn't really matter since it was dumb luck anyways to find it.

I guess we should see it launched pretty soon. What is the release date? May 1st?The website is probably going to be launched on May 1st because that is the official release day for the Series 10 Minifigures.