Prediction of worth for Series 10 "Mr. Gold"

TheOrcKing

mmmm.... awkward. i did misread that.

The resolution on that image is not so good for the size of font they used. I had to squint to even read the description correctly.

Although, I do wish there was at least 1 of "Mr. Gold" within every box. Then we all would have a good chance of finding him!

This is far off speculation, but what about the chance of LEGO doing another golden minifigure for Series 20? Or 30? What could that do to the value of the coming up "Mr. Gold" when the time comes? If the golden minifigures are completely different, save the gold part, it could do nothing perhaps. But what if they just end up releasing "Mr. Gold" again? Depending on how things go, he could end up being better as a quick flip than a long term investment. Just some food for thought and something to put on the back burner to consider.

I'm not sure if it's been said already but if Lego really wanted to see people go crazy they should have had a character with similar pieces but unique on it's own just to amp up the madness of hunting down a golden figure.

Yeah it would be tough if the top hat guy was a normal figure and the gold version was just a variant!

Not really, considering it will be easy to feel the packets for a top hatThis would be one of those times where it would not matter. In fact, a buyer might want one opened to know for sure that they will be getting "Mr. Gold" to begin with. Otherwise they could just end up paying a ton for a mystery packet and there really isn't any sort of recourse the buyer can do if it turns out to be someone else. Technically they did get what they paid for as far as eBay is concerned.

Yeah it would be tough if the top hat guy was a normal figure and the gold version was just a variant!Just for those reasons is why I'm almost a little confused on LEGO making a completely original character that is way too easy to feel for. I get why in the end they did what they are doing, they wanted a unique character for people to want to collect or find. But as a smoosher, I'm thinking "This is just too easy". Again, we already established before the start of this thread that there will be a limited run of 5,000 worldwide of "Mr. Gold" so finding one is a real crapshoot, but as smooshing goes he's the easiest to find by feel!

Any speculation of what a sealed box of this series will go for? I doubt all the Golden minifigures will be found and it makes me curious if a speculative person would pay even more with the potential of one being in a sealed box.

It's possible that a sealed box could go for as much or more than "Mr. Gold" by himself just cause of the 'golden possibility'.

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to start a thread on everyones thoughts on what Mr. Gold is going to sell for on it's own. Taking into account there were 300 each of these given out for free in NYC. http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-NYCC-12-Exclusive-SHADOW-TEENAGE-MUTANT-NINJA-TURTLES-KRAANG-MINIFIGURES-/380551120443?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item589a9d463b I'm thinking that it's going to be a couple hundred atleast for him. What does everyone else think?

Are you just going to rip into them in hopes of striking gold!?!?!?!?!? ;)

Indeed. There will be many hours spent opening boxes, creating sets and trying to strike gold.

As for value, I doubt it will reach that of the C-3PO, simply because I know the Star Wars collectors were involving themselves in picking them up, boosting the sales.

The supply portion of the equation is easy on this one....the demand is the unknown! The rest will play out in time.......oh but it's gonna be fun to watch!!!!

Indeed. There will be many hours spent opening boxes, creating sets and trying to strike gold.

As for value, I doubt it will reach that of the C-3PO, simply because I know the Star Wars collectors were involving themselves in picking them up, boosting the sales.

No offense to anyone here, but I hope the youngest Lego collectors with just a couple bucks manage to get lucky and get these as opposed to the AFOLS who are undoubtedly going to buy case after case. I guess I'm just in the mood for a feel-good story.