Prediction of worth for Series 10 "Mr. Gold"

TheOrcKing

People this is going to go for as much as a UCS Falcon!

Lol...It's just the preliminary hype. Later, it probably will go down to $100 per. Hoping for less though, so I can grab one. I hope we all get one! $1400! I told you!' Let it be known I called it first!

My local TRU had 1 case in, they said that is all Lego sent them. As I had asked about buying a case of 60 that was still sealed. They said they only got 3 of Series 9. Anyway, picked up 10 bags after doing some quick smooshing, and I wasn't very good at it. The dot codes seem to be accurate on the figures I got multiples of. I picked up (3) Roman Soldier (3) Paintball Player (1) Librarian Girl (1) Grandpa (1) Medusa (1) Tomahawk Indian The Paintball helmet and Roman helmet are pretty similar in bag, so be careful, as I thought I had 5 Romans, but only got 3 :( I just spent about 10 minutes feeling as I was on my lunchbreak and figured I'd go see if they had a case in. The Medusa is really cool, she has a very snakelike tail, and is obviously ver easy to find as she the only big bulky bag. I couldn't find any Sea Captains or Revolutionary Soldiers.

While I like to stay on the optimistic side of things, I can't help but wonder (as many of you have), how 'corrupted' the mass retailer sale (in addition to the BL or Ebay side) of these may become. Fred Meyers is one thing due to the overall lack of knowledge about these, but let's be honest about the other stores. As companies like Target, Walmart, TRU, TRU online, and even Lego brand stores start allowing people to buy these it will be tough to not imagine that they are feeling them as they open a case (since most of them won't just plop them on shelves in the box). If they're behind the counter or being dumped into a bin for people to feel through, it won't take much for an employee to feel them out while they're stocking, facing, or just screwing around. We may never know the impact this will have on finding one for the average person but nevertheless it's bound to be a reality somewhere. On a separate issue, just seeing the carnage on the shelves in the Northwest, I can say this may ultimately backfire for Lego as an actual marketing idea if retailers end up seeing mass returns on 'felt' bags. I can tell you that the people I know at Freddy's have already told me they're seeing it worse than ever (I have customers who have been asked by cashiers if the plan on bringing them back in an almost contemptuous way) and if it's not the returns then it's the countless attempts to keep that area clean looking as they are finding stacks of series pouches all over the Lego aisle and the toy department in general. They are saying it's the messiest series so far. I also have heard that a memo was sent to Freddy stores suggesting that the boxes be dumped into a large bin on the floor or hung on pegboard just to help contain the mess and eliminate case buying. Time will only tell how this will affect the actual sell through of series 10 (maybe faster as people buy entire cases or slower as returns and/or pick throughs stall them out on the shelves). I would like to say that if we take the focus off Mr Gold for a minute, it's a great series with some amazing new elements to play with. Love me the bald cap and bird for sure. :)

While I like to stay on the optimistic side of things, I can't help but wonder (as many of you have), how 'corrupted' the mass retailer sale (in addition to the BL or Ebay side) of these may become. Fred Meyers is one thing due to the overall lack of knowledge about these, but let's be honest about the other stores. As companies like Target, Walmart, TRU, TRU online, and even Lego brand stores start allowing people to buy these it will be tough to not imagine that they are feeling them as they open a case (since most of them won't just plop them on shelves in the box). If they're behind the counter or being dumped into a bin for people to feel through, it won't take much for an employee to feel them out while they're stocking, facing, or just screwing around. We may never know the impact this will have on finding one for the average person but nevertheless it's bound to be a reality somewhere.

I completely agree with this. It is such a disadvantage to the average person. always wondering if the employees have already rifled through the boxes as they put them on the shelves. and for me it is much worse I live in Hawaii we get our legos so late series 9 showed up a month after their release date. and we never get any of the cool polybags that some of the members on this site talk about. and never any deals on clearance at walmarts or targets. I love Hawaii but im so jealous of some of you in the mainland that stumble upon the awesome deals and early releases of some sets that you guys find.

just talked to my brother in seattle. he went to three different fred meyer stores and said that each store had about three boxes. he also said it looked like a tornado ripped through all of them from people searching each pack for mr gold. he said packs were scattered everywhere. heres the disturbing thing...he said some packs even had writing on them saying what they were as if people bought them took them home and searched what they were and returned them if they weren't the ones they wanted. how shady is that? he even said that some packs were already opened. this is ridiculous. lego is gonna make a ton of money off of this series but they really created a clusterFu@^ Im pretty sure this is how its gonna be everywhere. Its very sad and disturbing how dishonest some people are. Don't get me wrong im all for searching and smooshing to find the ones i want and need but i would never open a pack in the store and put it back, nor would i buy packs and then return them after taking them home and searching them. Yes i want a mr gold but its looking more and more unlikely that i will even have a fair opportunity to even search for him if this kind of thing is going on everywhere. good luck to everyone looking but shame on those that are going about it the wrong and dishonest way.

lego is gonna make a ton of money off of this series but they really created a clusterFu@^ Im pretty sure this is how its gonna be everywhere. Its very sad and disturbing how dishonest some people are. Don't get me wrong im all for searching and smooshing to find the ones i want and need but i would never open a pack in the store and put it back, nor would i buy packs and then return them after taking them home and searching them. Yes i want a mr gold but its looking more and more unlikely that i will even have a fair opportunity to even search for him if this kind of thing is going on everywhere. good luck to everyone looking but shame on those that are going about it the wrong and dishonest way.

I hear you and can completely relate. Every since the tiniest hint of a golden minifigure, what is happening or starting to is exactly what all of us were afraid of. An absolutely crazed bedlam created by the sole search for a ludicrously rare minifigure that, honestly, if it wasn't for the golden chrome feature is a uninspired character. Seriously, he's the same as that golden chrome keychain minifigure from some years ago with facial and frontal torso printing that looks like his name should be "Mr. Moneybags" or "the Monopoly Guy". But besides that, what else is there?

Back to the topic, it looks like because of this Mr Gold, trying to find the regular characters like you would do normally is going to be a real chore. The only time I have ever seen any opened packets in store was around Christmas time. That was it and, as much as I detest it, I can vaguely understand such a thing at that time of the year. Every other day was like any other. You could sit there in peace and smoosh to your hearts content. Now I wonder how crazy it will be just to find so much as one Series 10 packet that wasn't opened or trashed beyond recognition.

Hopefully I will try to see if my friend at Five Below can reserve at least a single sealed box for me to pick up. I truthfully do not care for Mr Gold at all, I just want a complete set and move on. If it isn't that hectic around me, then I'll do the same as before with prior series' and have my little smooshathons here & there in peace. If it is, well I'm already looking forward to Series 11. If anything just to get away from the zaniness of Series 10 thanks to Mr Gold.

@orcking my brother actually did find a complete set but it took him all day and like i said he went to four different stores. from what he told me the most common figures are paintballers, skydivers, and mechanics. he said he found four mechanics in a row at one point. The ones he had a harder time finding were medusa, the librarian, and out of all the boxes and packs he looked through he only found one sea captain. hope some of that information helps.

@orcking my brother actually did find a complete set but it took him all day and like i said he went to four different stores. from what he told me the most common figures are paintballers, skydivers, and mechanics. he said he found four mechanics in a row at one point. The ones he had a harder time finding were medusa, the librarian, and out of all the boxes and packs he looked through he only found one sea captain. hope some of that information helps.

It does help to confirm the ratio I have heard for Series 10, so thank you.

This was what I heard for the minifigure ratio of a box of 60 in Series 10.

2 Librarians

2 Medusas

2 Grandpas

2 Bumblebee Girls

2 Sea Captains

2 Trendsetters

4 Warrior Women

4 Tomahawk Warriors

4 Paintball Players

4 Decorators

4 Sad Clowns

4 Revolutionary Solders

6 Roman Commanders

6 Skydivers

6 Baseball Fielders

6 Motorcycle Mechanics

OrcKing that is the ratio I have seen as well.

I wonder if there is a specific figure they replace from a box if Mr Gold is inserted, like it replaces a Librarian, or whether it replaces any random fig.

That could create a further shortage on another fig in the series.

I suspect that Mr Gold would replace one of the higher ratio characters which makes sense to me why there would be so many Motorcycle Mechanics and Skydivers in the first place. (Those two aren't really army builders in my opinion so there is my logic for them.) Still, Lego could have an alternating pattern of who gets booted out of the box to make room for Mr Gold or even a set character that gets replaced.

Agh, more speculation to go on top even more speculation! I'm so confused....

In any case, that could make certain characters even more difficult to find in the first place as you just said.

2 Librarians

2 Medusas

2 Grandpas

2 Bumblebee Girls

2 Sea Captains

2 Trendsetters

4 Warrior Women

4 Tomahawk Warriors

4 Paintball Players

4 Decorators

4 Sad Clowns

4 Revolutionary Solders

6 Roman Commanders

6 Skydivers

6 Baseball Fielders

6 Motorcycle Mechanics

This is such a terrible breakdown of figures.

With the exception of the Roman Commander and the Revolutionary soldier.

It will make some of the others really hard to get.

If only to help reduce the crazy behavior we're seeing I will say that mine was in the front right corner of the case. Probably within the first 6 minifigs. I don't know if it's the same or not for all of them. What I can confirm is that now that I have two of them in my possession I can tell you that the dot code is consistent for them both. It's the same that I uploaded earlier this week on this post. Twiddlepots, where was yours in the box??

2 Librarians

2 Medusas

2 Grandpas

2 Bumblebee Girls

2 Sea Captains

2 Trendsetters

4 Warrior Women

4 Tomahawk Warriors

4 Paintball Players

4 Decorators

4 Sad Clowns

4 Revolutionary Solders

6 Roman Commanders

6 Skydivers

6 Baseball Fielders

6 Motorcycle Mechanics

This is such a terrible breakdown of figures.

With the exception of the Roman Commander and the Revolutionary soldier.

It will make some of the others really hard to get.

I agree. 2 figures in a box of 60 is horrible. There should be a minimum of 3 sets then sort out which figs will be more in demand.

I went to K-Mart yesterday and saw open packets for the first time ( S9 and both were knights). The boxes looked like they had been demolished, it seemed like there were only policemen left until the last packet yielded a roller girl.