LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

On 4/10/2022 at 9:56 AM, gmpirate said:

I have 9 I can visit.  Not very practical to hit all nine on a regular basis and once you try to do big purchases they know.  Then it’s just a matter of if they will work you with or not.  And even if they do, it’s only a matter of time before corporate says something.  And I really don’t get into new/quick flip stuff.

Not saying it can’t be done, but it’s not that easy either.  Most of the incentive of H&M’s’ are the GWP’s.  Not very practical to make a trip for one.

I’ve done it longer tHan any US store, longer than any lego employee, i outlive and outlived all managers. Nothing stealthy about my stores visits either. I’m being welcomed by my first name when I walk in, so no hiding (even in a mask)…..so yeah, sorry, hard for me to listen to any advise here.  Secret is to be polite and stick to their limits (then you’re back next day to reload….at every store) 

And yup, I know, me? Polite? But u gotta do what u gotta do lol 

2 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

I’ve done it longer tHan any US store, longer than any lego employee, i outlive and outlived all managers. Nothing stealthy about my stores visits either. I’m being welcomed by my first name when I walk in, so no hiding (even in a mask)…..so yeah, sorry, hard for me to listen to any advise here.  Secret is to be polite and stick to their limits (then you’re back next day to reload….at every store) 

And yup, I know, me? Polite? But u gotta do what u gotta do lol 

Totally agree.  That is the way to be.  Totally upfront, polite, friendly, etc.  Never push for more, and I even give up items if another customer asks for something while I'm there.  I don't even buy more of the same item within the same delivery window so they can better manage their needs.  And yes, I'm always on a first name basis, I do surveys, etc.

I'm not looking back to my post, but not sure I was advising anyone on what to do.  Think I was just cautioning.  Maybe the regional managers in my area are more vigilant?  Maybe a certain manager's practices caught some attention drawing me in to scrutiny?  Maybe we are talking about different buying volumes?  Idk, but I know of others who have experienced the same thing.  And like I said, I'm not a new item flipper either for 95% of what I buy.

As we always say here, YMMV.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2022 at 7:56 AM, gmpirate said:

I have 9 I can visit.  Not very practical to hit all nine on a regular basis and once you try to do big purchases they know.  Then it’s just a matter of if they will work you with or not.  And even if they do, it’s only a matter of time before corporate says something.  And I really don’t get into new/quick flip stuff.

Not saying it can’t be done, but it’s not that easy either.  Most of the incentive of H&M’s’ are the GWP’s.  Not very practical to make a trip for one.

they need to make a LEGO store next to a Costco...then I can visit almost daily...gas and ofcourse the bottomless pit that is my boy's stomach

6 hours ago, gmpirate said:

Totally agree.  That is the way to be.  Totally upfront, polite, friendly, etc.  Never push for more, and I even give up items if another customer asks for something while I'm there.  I don't even buy more of the same item within the same delivery window so they can better manage their needs.  And yes, I'm always on a first name basis, I do surveys, etc.

I'm not looking back to my post, but not sure I was advising anyone on what to do.  Think I was just cautioning.  Maybe the regional managers in my area are more vigilant?  Maybe a certain manager's practices caught some attention drawing me in to scrutiny?  Maybe we are talking about different buying volumes?  Idk, but I know of others who have experienced the same thing.  And like I said, I'm not a new item flipper either for 95% of what I buy.

As we always say here, YMMV.

For sure it’s YMMV, and volume may matter as well, like you said.

plus it’s not me being 365 times a year in each of my 5 stores, I’m there for promos usually, and I do rotate my purchases.
And also though the years it’s changing tactics. Lego used to be near bankruptcy, nobody had a problem at my stores with me getting multiple promos back than, that was looong ago tho. Then it changed lol
Last time those stores were calling and warning each other about me (he was here and bought this and that so don’t sell him anymore) was with 41999 (if that’s the correct number for technic limited edition crawler) 

23 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

For sure it’s YMMV, and volume may matter as well, like you said.

plus it’s not me being 365 times a year in each of my 5 stores, I’m there for promos usually, and I do rotate my purchases.
And also though the years it’s changing tactics. Lego used to be near bankruptcy, nobody had a problem at my stores with me getting multiple promos back than, that was looong ago tho. Then it changed lol
Last time those stores were calling and warning each other about me (he was here and bought this and that so don’t sell him anymore) was with 41999 (if that’s the correct number for technic limited edition crawler) 

41999 ... that brings back memory. 

At the time, Toys R Us (Times Square) and FAO Schwartz had no limit on how many anyone can buy 41999.  There were even small discounts from time to time ... like BOBO 25% off if I recall correctly.

32 minutes ago, cambridge02138 said:

41999 ... that brings back memory. 

At the time, Toys R Us (Times Square) and FAO Schwartz had no limit on how many anyone can buy 41999.  There were even small discounts from time to time ... like BOBO 25% off if I recall correctly.

It was limited to 20k and if I remember right, I thought it was lego exclusive. Never knew that anyone besides lego sold them. 

For rumors looks like may 4 gwp may be three things all at different price points and some in store only 1) the Luke blue milk poly and 2) possibly another poly mini build and 3) be either a jabba palace build gwp or others say a obiwan lightsaber gwp with $160 purchase

https://toysdaily.wiki/lego-star-wars-jabbas-palace-gwp-rumoured-for-may-in-2022/

• Like 1

For rumors looks like may 4 gwp may be three things all at different price points and some in store only 1) the Luke blue milk poly and 2) possibly another poly mini build and 3) be either a jabba palace build gwp or others say a obiwan lightsaber gwp with $160 purchase
https://toysdaily.wiki/lego-star-wars-jabbas-palace-gwp-rumoured-for-may-in-2022/

Obi-Wan Lightsaber makes a ton of sense considering the show comes out late May.

Of course, LEGO has a horrible track record of timing tie-ins, sooooooo…..

2 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

It arrived :

image.thumb.jpg.e3fa8ae612bcc5720b961bb4c61cd34b.jpg

and here’s all my lego bling bling :

D4BD4348-24AE-4350-B58B-D97DDA962DD7.thumb.jpeg.4c263dc840b7947a9edeaf2a3e040718.jpeg
representin 2022 :) 

The Hat comes ripped or do you have to pay an extra 650 VIP points for that ;)

24 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

Official image, sorry if reposting….

6294DE60-07F4-48C9-9542-2C51A5F8E81E.jpeg

That will go nice with the new roller coaster. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

May the 4th GWP? Similar to the Han in Carbonite keychain.

CA33064F-C69B-4B0A-A070-FC600D8AE4F6.jpeg

B17A12C7-11D7-49F7-8CDB-70782A8A6908.jpeg

4D5F3815-D319-40C3-81C5-F820BCD43BAF.jpeg

What was the buy in for the Han key chain? If this is the reported $160 threshold GWP then this is a terrible lineup, 2 recycled Polybags and a Keychain. I am hoping this is a fourth VIP only GWP when you preorder the UCS Razor Crest although I really hope that is not the $530 set at all but would make sense. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

What was the buy in for the Han key chain? If this is the reported $160 threshold GWP then this is a terrible lineup, 2 recycled Polybags and a Keychain. I am hoping this is a fourth VIP only GWP when you preorder the UCS Razor Crest although I really hope that is not the $530 set at all but would make sense. 

The box for the new AT-TE is out there too. $130

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion