LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

Countach is back in stock, unfortunately the Mercedes 2 pack is not that thing is gold. 
Medieval Castle, Fish Tank (Walmart exclusive and possible early exit), Mini Vespa, Stranger Things BHZ  

Other possibilities:

Pickup Truck, Medieval Blacksmith, Space Shuttle Discovery, Home Alone, and Thor’s Hammer. 

I didn’t do any SW waiting for May 4th promo Commander Cody Polybag ;) 

did not realize the aquarium was walmart exclusive.  my 72 yo mom was visiting last week and gave it to her to build with my daughters  pretty cool looking set.

1 hour ago, cladner said:

did not realize the aquarium was walmart exclusive.  my 72 yo mom was visiting last week and gave it to her to build with my daughters  pretty cool looking set.

I think all the Walmart exclusives have the new speed build and play feature on the Walmart listing. 

51 minutes ago, scratchdesk said:

Assume the CB is expired?  Rten shows 2.5/1.5

It still shows “up to” 10/3 for me but others have reported it is not for them as well. 

Stopped by one of my Lego stores today and was informed of a new Lego policy.  They are now going to enforce the same limits in stores as they do online.  GWP's will have a limit of two.  Set limits will reflect what is online.  For 2x VIP weekend there are extra limits (1 or 2 depending on the set).

It's not hard-coded into anything, so YMMV depending on how often you go, same stores, same staff, etc.  Reason given was to counter supply shortages.  My guess if the reason really is because of supply, it's more that they don't want people buying from the stores and selling online while their retail partners are shorted.  Lego stores themselves have not had supply issues in my experience.

1 hour ago, BricksBrotha said:

Think it will be back again like Amelia EH?

It seems like they all come back in one way or another anymore just not another production run. 

41 minutes ago, HollyS said:

I thought it was supposed to go until the 15th.

Or while supplies last. Which seems contradictory to me previous statement, Ya Lego. 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Not available for purchase, but may be a future throwaway McDonald's esque GWP that's available in-store.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/pineapple-photo-holder-and-mini-board-30560

https://www.lego.com/en-us/vip/rewards-center/rewards

Snag_a9ff330.png.ca80bf2c1954c3abaef7526efa0aa2d6.png

Snag_aa02423.thumb.png.b4917b1cb790d6f7b90743b54122f630.png

Wait 2 more hours and buy the Bookshop or any of the other current Modulars and they are throwing in 3 subpar GWP. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Not available for purchase, but may be a future throwaway McDonald's esque GWP that's available in-store.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/pineapple-photo-holder-and-mini-board-30560

https://www.lego.com/en-us/vip/rewards-center/rewards

wheezthejuice.gif.f912005f4d48ea70cfa67bed81d664a9.gif
I'm gonna. Dots for the win over here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ponderingzissou said:

I'm guessing the polybag with Easter Bunny is IN STORE only but I'm often wrong 🤷‍♂️ 

My friend, I would hate for you to be really, really wrong. Sounds like you're sitting on 26k in points. It's not worth trading them for $200 in credits. It's been a while since we've seen a big Loyalty Reward drop such as the Batpod (15k points, sold for $3k originally on eBay, now $1,500). Even some of the lesser rewards such as the LEGO x Adidas shoes (13k points), Pooh print collection (4k points), and the coin collection (7k points) will fetch at least $200+.

I'm getting the feeling we're going to see something big in May that will cost 15k in points. At minimum, keep 15k in your piggy bank.

HOLD!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Captain_Obvious said:

My friend, I would hate for you to be really, really wrong. Sounds like you're sitting on 26k in points. It's not worth trading them for $200 in credits. It's been a while since we've seen a big Loyalty Reward drop such as the Batpod (15k points, sold for $3k originally on eBay, now $1,500). Even some of the lesser rewards such as the LEGO x Adidas shoes (13k points), Pooh print collection (4k points), and the coin collection (7k points) will fetch at least $200+.

I'm getting the feeling we're going to see something big in May that will cost 15k in points. At minimum, keep 15k in your piggy bank.

HOLD!

Thanks! I always appreciate good advice! I have learned to keep some VIP points in reserve for such opportunities. 

• Like 1

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion