LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

It finally arrived today and all I can say is what a piece of
I can’t remember ever ordering any VIP print before and probably never will again. The way some of you guys talk about these prints, this is absolute JUNK and for 3500 points? I actually feel bad selling it even if it arrived mint but it was just in the box with the other sets and has dents and dings all over. No protective padding for this card stock piece of crap? Highly disappointed. 

I’ve heard too many stories from you guys to be willing to take the risk. With great risk comes great reward - and I’m not a risk taker in this case.

45 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

It finally arrived today and all I can say is what a piece of 💩

I can’t remember ever ordering any VIP print before and probably never will again. The way some of you guys talk about these prints, this is absolute JUNK and for 3500 points? I actually feel bad selling it even if it arrived mint but it was just in the box with the other sets and has dents and dings all over. No protective padding for this card stock piece of crap? Highly disappointed. 

First off I agree the 3.5k poster was extremely underwhelming. The other poster is much nicer. I'm sorry yours came all busted. It seems to be luck of the draw on who packaged it since I have heard for a lot of people it came that way. Mine was put in a flattened smaller lego box so it came minty fresh.

6 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

First off I agree the 3.5k poster was extremely underwhelming. The other poster is much nicer. I'm sorry yours came all busted. It seems to be luck of the draw on who packaged it since I have heard for a lot of people it came that way. Mine was put in a flattened smaller lego box so it came minty fresh.

I thought I learned my lesson, but  yet again I took a chance.

I called Lego and they refunded my points plus added 650 more. I think if it was placed on the bottom of the box it would have arrived in better shape but it was placed in the middle between 3 sets. I messaged the buyer and sent pics and asked if he wants to cancel the order. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

Any idea when 40533 Cosmic Cardboard Adventures will go live? It was in an email I got from Lego yesterday but it's not showing at SAH. As much as I hate the $160 buy in for a set that would have been $85 last year, I still need some points to get the Ulysses.

I've seen pretty consistent rumors that the promotion will start on May 16th.

• Thanks 1

I got to admit this new LEGO Ideas 40533 Cosmic Adventures GWP is growing on me. There’s something special about it, not saying the classic car and sailboat weren’t. 

I’m also getting goosebumps every time I see the the LEGO 80036 Monkie Kids City of Lanterns at $149.99. Only $10 away from the GWP. Does anyone foresee the 80036 being sold by Amazon/Walmart at a discount in the future? It’s only available at LEGO for now..

BC42AFF6-AEF8-4143-9995-E1B519BCC789.jpeg

Edited by Captain_Obvious
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

I got to admit this new LEGO Ideas 40533 Cosmic Adventures GWP is growing on me. There’s something special about it, not saying the classic car and sailboat weren’t. 

I’m also getting goosebumps every time I see the the LEGO 80036 Monkie Kids City of Lanterns at $149.99. Only $10 away from the GWP. Does anyone foresee the 80036 being sold by Amazon/Walmart at a discount in the future? It’s only available at LEGO for now..

BC42AFF6-AEF8-4143-9995-E1B519BCC789.jpeg

I like it, for $85 buy in. I really hope they produced a small quantity, otherwise it will be hard to get a decent return on $160.

The first wave of MK made it amazon after about one year. I would count on that happening again. With no retirement rumors, I think it's safe to wait. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

So what GWP (s) are going live tomorrow and later this month?

• 40533 Cosmic Adventures
  • 40529 Children's Amusement Park
  • Ulysses Space Probe (non GWP)

Promobricks is showing both 40533 & 40529 live in Europe right now.

I might do this.

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-40533-cosmic-cardboard-adventures-40529-kinder-erlebnispark/144000/

7579B323-B868-4266-A9B4-094A6C98F352.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Know it's retiring at the end of year, I picked up a VW T2 using some VIP $$$ and 15% Rak.

In my experience, if you redeem VIP points, you won't get Rakuten. The fact that you entered a "coupon" kills the cash back. Got majorly burned last year in Black Friday.

9 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

In my experience, if you redeem VIP points, you won't get Rakuten. The fact that you entered a "coupon" kills the cash back. Got majorly burned last year in Black Friday.

Oh.. if you enter a VIP Promo Code (vs a VIP Discount Code) will Rakuten consider that a “coupon”?

17 minutes ago, melting said:

What's everyone picking up to get the GWPs? Wishing Optimus was live.

Wishing Horizon was there. Wife needs some duplo for a birthday but I'm still about $80 short of both gwp's and not wanting anything else.

Should probably start buying bookshops & assembly squares. May go that route. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Oh.. if you enter a VIP redemption code for a gift, not an amount off/gift card, will Rakuten consider that a “coupon”?

I'm not sure but this is from the Complaint Threat post Black Friday:

On 1/4/2022 at 10:32 AM, scratchdesk said:

A little update on my missing Rakuten cash back from the AT-AT I ordered. 

• As a courtesy, we are making an exception and adding Cash Back for this order to your account. If the code is not provided by Rakuten (even if it comes directly from Lego) it may void the Cash Back. In this case, Lego denied the Cash Back due to the code applied to the order. 

In the future, please make sure to only use coupon codes listed on the store’s Rakuten page. For more information, please see our Help/FAQ page: http://www.rakuten.com/help/exclusions.htm

I'm not sure if the Vintage Camera code set it off or the redemption of VIP for discount.  But it appears one or the combination of both will result in denial of Cash Back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everything I was interested in BTTF, Horizon is OOS or not out yet, Optimus.  Will wait until tomorrow in hopes of grabbing another Ulysses to add to this order and grab another Blacksmith now that the limit was upped to 5.

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion