LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

8 hours ago, spener90 said:

Anyone else planning on placing a lot of orders to get the new Forestmen promo?

At least 2, 1 to build with the Castle set and 1 for the vault. Will have to see what is available on the 15th to make the $150+ buy in worth it. 

9 hours ago, spener90 said:

Anyone else planning on placing a lot of orders to get the new Forestmen promo?

Depending on what Lego does with the Castle theme the next few years, this could be a good one for the vault. But I have a feeling that there are fewer castle (and pirate) fans out there than castle fans like to think.  It's really a nostalgia theme for people who grew up with Lego in the 80s and 90s. So I'm expecting short run it's not going to do as well as comparable HP gwp (e.g. Dorms last year).

Buying the new Ferrari 42143 nets a reward code to get exclusive access to an “owners only” VIP redemption page. Looks like the redemptions are only for digital downloads. Ffs- please tell me I’m wrong at that $399 price point and a middle aged man target market.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/vip-legotechnicferrari

EBCACF91-5968-49F9-A61C-C95822C60CBF.thumb.png.4065e5a620e35b7a24e987b2ed2a26fe.pngFDF5F64A-28B1-4175-A015-A8EB17E28D2C.thumb.png.365dcc51969f2ceef850a0123cc9292e.png

Edited by Captain_Obvious

7 hours ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Buying the new Ferrari 42143 nets a reward code to get exclusive access to an “owners only” VIP redemption page. Looks like the redemptions are only for digital downloads. Ffs- please tell me I’m wrong at that $399 price point and a middle aged man target market.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/vip-legotechnicferrari

EBCACF91-5968-49F9-A61C-C95822C60CBF.thumb.png.4065e5a620e35b7a24e987b2ed2a26fe.pngFDF5F64A-28B1-4175-A015-A8EB17E28D2C.thumb.png.365dcc51969f2ceef850a0123cc9292e.png

At least this is the first time LEGO has had people spend an obscene amount of money to get into a special club only to find out that membership in said club presented zero benefits...

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

58 minutes ago, BillyBricks said:

At least this is the first time LEGO has had people spend an obscene amount of money to get into a special club only to find out that membership in said club presented zero benefits...

You're making my PTSD set in again.  Please make it stop.

Cosmic cardboard adventures is advertised again. Added $200 to cart, didn't add. Used my daughter's account who hasn't gotten it before and there it adds. Hope Lego is not starting to limit GWPs to one per account. Was planning on loading up on forrestman set.
It added for me and I have gotten a couple the first time around.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Is anyone else getting the feeling that LEGO will overproduce the 40567 Forestmen’s Hideout GWP?

I’ve been watching eBay closely. 100’s have been pre-sold already by seller’s that have more than 10+ available in “future stock”.

The eBay price was holding at $90 for a while now it’s plummeting to the $60’s.

Do you guys think it will come down to $30 once everyone dumps on eBay, and if so, will anyone here take advantage of the buyer’s market?

C1A1B6E6-10F2-4908-B96C-F29ED67016A9.thumb.png.4bed267a68c6ed22a0c179c287e44ad6.png

1 hour ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Is anyone else getting the feeling that LEGO will overproduce the 40567 Forestmen’s Hideout GWP?

I’ve been watching eBay closely. 100’s have been pre-sold already by seller’s that have more than 10+ available in “future stock”.

Do you guys think it will come down to $30 once everyone dumps on eBay, and if so, will anyone here take advantage of the buyer’s market?

C1A1B6E6-10F2-4908-B96C-F29ED67016A9.thumb.png.4bed267a68c6ed22a0c179c287e44ad6.png

Supposedly online it will be limit 1 per household.  Not sure if that is what was going on when some people reported they couldn’t get another Cosmic Cardboard GWP on an account that had previously gotten one. As for in store looks like the usual Florida sellers have no limits. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

I've long conjectured that Castle and Pirates have fewer fans than the fans of those themes like to think. It's just that those fans are very rabid. So, yes, I expect this gwp to end up around $30 like most, but then slowly appreciate. But not enough (or not fast enough) to justify to buy on the secondary market.

Lego needs to bring these themes back for kids. Make sure they continue to have castle fans in 20 years. Plus, they are really fun playsets. But looking at the city theme, Lego seems to have given up on own-IP playsets.

• Like 1

The adidas mini shoe had a hard limit of 1 on my SAH account (UK). All subsequent GWP (40533: Cosmic Cardboard Adventures / 40529: Children's Amusement Park / Star Wars May 4th) was allowed to get multiple.

If they do start to enforce the 1 per household limit, it would be a good thing for resellers as would diminish the supply, but it would also decrease sales for lego, therefore I don't personally see it happening, but could be wrong.

I think most likely lego has a list of accounts that they might suspect person is a reseller and might restrict their account, therefore always advisable not to go over the hard limits set on SAH nowadays.

4 hours ago, Voltron said:

I think most likely lego has a list of accounts that they might suspect person is a reseller and might restrict their account, therefore always advisable not to go over the hard limits set on SAH nowadays.

And how would someone "go over the hard limits"?

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion