LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

5 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Interesting. So the first guy redeemed a Promo Gift Code and a VIP Discount in the same transaction and was denied, so there’s no way to differentiate. However, you only redeemed a Promo Gift Code and got denied, so it appears a Promo Code will get you denied as well @BrickLover80?

23 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I'll report back, never had an issue.

Looking back, it was the Fiat Posters that caused the trouble for me. So I took that to mean any VIP redemption will cause problems, cash or gift. But maybe cash is fine. Would be good to know. Looking forward to exciter's report.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gmpirate said:

You think so?  That's one I really doubt.

I agree. I know it's not popular, but that would still be a very short run. Same with Seinfeld, although some 2021 Ideas set has to go if they keep Piano (2020) and Treehouse (2019) into 2023. 

On the other hand, Bookstore off the list seems odd. Assuming a new modular comes in January, there would be FOUR modulars out there concurrently.

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

Everything I was interested in BTTF, Horizon is OOS or not out yet, Optimus.  Will wait until tomorrow in hopes of grabbing another Ulysses to add to this order and grab another Blacksmith now that the limit was upped to 5.

You can only redeem the Ulysses once. So if you got it the first time then you’re out this time.

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

You think so?  That's one I really doubt.

It's been on pretty much every list so far. I didn't have one, so it's a keeper or a shot in the dark.

6 minutes ago, bmalsam16141 said:

You can only redeem the Ulysses once. So if you got it the first time then you’re out this time.

Not when your 14 grandchildren also have accounts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bmalsam16141 said:

I'll believe that after I try again and fail! Heard this repeated so much, I'm almost convinced it's a conspiracy rumor started by those who redeemed already and just want less competition tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

I'll believe that after I try again and fail! Heard this repeated so much, I'm almost convinced it's a conspiracy rumor started by those who redeemed already and just want less competition tomorrow.

It's right on top of the email they sent:

We’re bringing back the Ulysses Space Probe set for anyone who missed out last year! We only have a limited number, so if you got one in 2021, you won’t be able to redeem points for it this time.

And despite their IT being not that good (to put it mildly), they managed this exclusion in the past when redemptions came back (e.g. coins).

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

It's right on top of the email they sent:

We’re bringing back the Ulysses Space Probe set for anyone who missed out last year! We only have a limited number, so if you got one in 2021, you won’t be able to redeem points for it this time.

And despite their IT being not that good (to put it mildly), they managed this exclusion in the past when redemptions came back (e.g. coins).

Yes, I understand all of this, and will still be trying. :smile:

2 hours ago, BrickLover80 said:

Psst, do not remind LEGO how much they had to spend on real software engineer to create that on and off switch for the VIP rewards :P

18 hours ago, mplsabdullah said:

Yeah I was thinking about going to the store and then I found out about available Cashback emoji43.pngemoji94.png

I didn't see this until now, but for future reference, it looks like there's a way to get cashback when shopping at store as well.  I'm not sure if it's applicable to Lego specifically but believe there's an option to check into the rakuten app or something along those lines when shopping physically.  I have not done it before, and I don't have too much experience with Ratuken myself so if anyone else has had experience with this please let us know!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Interesting. So the first guy redeemed a Promo Gift Code and a VIP Discount in the same transaction and was denied, so there’s no way to differentiate. However, you only redeemed a Promo Gift Code and got denied, so it appears a Promo Code will get you denied as well @BrickLover80?

It looks like YMMV, I made an order on 05/10 that included just a Promo Code (one of the Tin Signs) and my 15% cashback just hit.

• Like 1

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion