LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

17 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

And how would someone "go over the hard limits"?

Nowadays if limit on SAH is say 5, if you order 6, order is auto cancelled. Only way around it is when SAH change the limit I.e. go from 2 to 5.

This is the case if you've order a set in the past, they just look at total ordered and then auto cancel if you go over the limit.

Edited by Voltron

Lego started enforcing limits for me after sailboat I think, my nearest lego store is 200km away so it's a no go. 

I get the feeling that there are less castle fans that I'd like to believe as well even though myself and my kid are huge castle fans. Probably just get a set for ourselves. If I can get a second to go in o the vault. 

On 6/11/2022 at 11:00 AM, Pseudoty said:

Supposedly online it will be limit 1 per household.  Not sure if that is what was going on when some people reported they couldn’t get another Cosmic Cardboard GWP on an account that had previously gotten one. As for in store looks like the usual Florida sellers have no limits. 

I was wondering why I didn't get a GWP with my Optimus Prime...could have sworn it said I qualified for the Cosmic Cardboard, but then I didn't have anything else on my invoice or in the package.  I had already gotten one before.

29 minutes ago, I am Niko said:

I was wondering why I didn't get a GWP with my Optimus Prime...could have sworn it said I qualified for the Cosmic Cardboard, but then I didn't have anything else on my invoice or in the package.  I had already gotten one before.

I ordered 2 OP's back to back in separate orders as soon as it came out. The first order qualified and I got the freebie, but the second did not. Matter of timing?

27 minutes ago, mplsabdullah said:

Is there any definite info on the buy in to get the forest men set? I've seen $150 in places with an ad to back it up but then I ran across this saying $190
https://www.lego.com/en-us/stores/events/forest-hideout-gwp-ca

That's the Canadian price, the US version is here (https://www.lego.com/en-us/stores/events/forest-hideout-gwp-us) and confirms $150.

• Like 1

Is anyone redeeming any of these tomorrow to resell? 

The patent prints are worthless and still haven't sold out in over 2 years of being available. I'm wondering if the logo print will be different because of the "pop" of the logos, and more importantly, the "90 Years of Play" emboss. I have no idea about the sticker- is that duck memorable to any of you as a child?

image.png.2ee2b0e664e063910ccc1e3e99b3202c.png

8 hours ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Is anyone redeeming any of these tomorrow to resell? 

The patent prints are worthless and still haven't sold out in over 2 years of being available. I'm wondering if the logo print will be different because of the "pop" of the logos, and more importantly, the "90 Years of Play" emboss. I have no idea about the sticker- is that duck memorable to any of you as a child?

image.png.2ee2b0e664e063910ccc1e3e99b3202c.png

How much? 
….and besides learning as an adult about the duck being their first toy,(I’m old but) I’m not old enough to have it in my childhood. It was produced till 1960

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bartat said:

FYI in Europe forest hideout launch was painful. Managed to get an order in but seems to be limiting to 1 per household. Good luck when it opens up over the pond

US is live.  No issues with making an order but not doing multiple so not sure if it's limited.  Adding another item to my cart does yield at least one more GWP

• Like 1

Stopped by the store today to get an Ekto before the price increase on 8/1 (store manager confirmed it's 8/1 in US but doesn't know which sets -- or won't tell). They only got a small shipment of the the Forrest Hideout. Might get more for the weekend but wasn't sure. Let's see but maybe it's not overproduced 🤞

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

thanks, great info, but beg to differ on the assessment. set looks uber boring to me if you remove the nostalgia factor which i dont think is going to be huge for most people.

Really? I think it might be one of the greatest GWP sets ever.

• Like 2

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion