LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

1 minute ago, KShine said:

Really? I think it might be one of the greatest GWP sets ever.

The box alone makes it the greatest GWP ever for collectors. They got it exactly right for us. However, it does come down to supply/demand. My argument is that this has long term potential. Every year new folks get into the game. If they find out out about this, it will be an instant childhood memory/purchase. 

39 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

thanks, great info, but beg to differ on the assessment. set looks uber boring to me if you remove the nostalgia factor which i dont think is going to be huge for most people.

I was referring to that amount not being that horribly overproduced.  Some sets get up into the 200k mark.   Most are in the 50-80k though on the store side.

25 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

I have to admit that I'm lacking a reference point. Do you have numbers for some past GWPs?

Why yes I do actually...

Just some ones I had handy

Earhart 60k

Dickens 72k

Ice Skate Rink 240k

The 2nd Christmas GWP is always usually the highest.  That particular one was really high.    Plus more of those got released after the GWP timeframe so would be even higher.

Few things factor too,  buy in price points being lower usually have higher runs,  and time of year of release too,  so Nov/Dec ones usually always higher just from the amount of sales that are done then.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, ravenb99 said:

Stores got 54k of the GWP,  not to horrible

At the 2:19 mark (exact moment captured in the video below), Tiago says that the GWP will be offered again on Aug 2nd (has to be related to the King's Castle release).

Can you confirm?

Edited by Captain_Obvious

ya he definitely says there is going to be a re release in august for the GWP.   honestly im not surprised.  my initial reaction was "why dont they just release this in august with the 10305 castle?"   so it seems they are throwing their bait out now and re-chumming the waters in august to go with the castle release..   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain_Obvious said:

At the 2:19 mark (exact moment captured in the video below), Tiago says that the GWP will be offered again on Aug 2nd (has to be related to the King's Castle release).

Can you confirm?

haven't heard anything but haven't asked either.  Would not surprise me though.   Most all of them come back in some capacity over the year.  Most the times just not advertised.   The productios don't seem to matter as much either for past few years.  Either hot or not.  None of them are super limited and between people importing / exporting and bunch of other factors doesn't matter so much.  Buy in used to keep some up higher too but now so many $100-150+ sets out there its easy to hit the threshold for regular customers and LEGO burns through more quantity.  They mainly want to have for the duration even though it says until gone.   That's when they started transferring to stores that were going through quicker than others too or having the backup GWP in case supply runs out of that one.  They did that with Ice Skate the past 3-6 months or so a lot.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I am starting to think LEGO set the buy in point for 2022 gwps based on the new hiked up MSRP.  I mean $150 seems high now, but after 8/1 it would be easier to hit

I must have missed it but what price hikes are expected 8/1?  Is there any information that folks can point me to?  Is it across the board, specific sets, etc?  Is the "normal" 20% discount at retailers like Amazon for a bunch of sets expected to continue?  Thx! 

22 minutes ago, LegoTriathlete said:

I must have missed it but what price hikes are expected 8/1?  Is there any information that folks can point me to?  Is it across the board, specific sets, etc?  Is the "normal" 20% discount at retailers like Amazon for a bunch of sets expected to continue?  Thx! 

We have a brand new thread discussing it for the past couple weeks:

• Thanks 1

i had 1 each ship .   my 2nd order is stuck in warehouse.   the order stuck in warehouse is 21333 starry night.    right at midnight EST starry night went from "backorder" to "In Stock" .      i added it to cart when i saw it was "In stock"  and checked out immediately.   and go figure.   the order i placed AFTER that shipped ......  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Can anyone confirm that they were able to score two Forestmen GWPs?

I just saw the Galaxy Explorer pop-up for preorder and immediately pulled the trigger with another item to get my second Forestmen GWP.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/galaxy-explorer-104978CFE6ECA-193D-464E-9453-213B612D5B95.thumb.png.396e4b6143ec1fae06a74b4076c6d18b.png

I’ve had a couple forestmen ship, but the longer you wait possibly the inventory may run out. When I ordered Optimus it said I would get cardboard kid and it never shipped. They told me it ran out when I called.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dmind said:

I think production of 40567 GWP is massive... Got 10o2 and 17o2 here, and read about 22tx2... That's 13 weeks of production and minimum 2 locations! I'll sell a.s.a.p. and won't store more than 1.

Had two different seal codes on my two copies, one being 19O2. So that would make it at least three different codes for Europe.

Edited by Brian Briggs

3 hours ago, dmind said:

I think production of 40567 GWP is massive... Got 10o2 and 17o2 here, and read about 22tx2... That's 13 weeks of production and minimum 2 locations! I'll sell a.s.a.p. and won't store more than 1.

or 3 weeks spread over a 13 week period ?

10 hours ago, Captain_Obvious said:

First one arrived. Solid box construction and the set feels heavy. Instant childhood memories. Definitely going to stack 3 if not more..07546DC5-7B4C-4A80-956B-4CBE1AACD181.thumb.jpeg.6bdad65e4f711207c54a82e452ce9f92.jpeg

This little thing is for 18+ ? :P

Kind of weird to see the name of the set on the diagonal ribbon instead of "LEGOLAND"

Are LEGO becoming more strict with 1 GWP per household rule?

I could only get one for May 4th, the rest were cancelled from my orders.

Now I wanted to get 2 forest hideouts and got email that GWP from second order was cancelled.

I also have all my new orders now sitting in status "Please contact customer service" for 1-2 days before it gets confirmed.

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion