LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

2 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

The MBAs at LEGO probably think the current price point would make LEGO look cheap and affordable once the other toy brands increase their prices.   This would be contrary to current strategy of making / keeping LEGO a "premium brand".:drag:

yeah it's all about comparison...

The marketing folks at LEGO and key retail partners probably see 30%-40% off as the going "deal alert" for toys category (Their 20% off model is out-dated and definitely so w/ the "slashing of prices" we keep hearing about).  Raising the RRP allows them to keep their margins and still be "competitively priced" w/ the competition.

seems stupid and manipulative..but no doubt there are sheeple out there who will buy based on percent off

• Like 1

Camp Nou is 20% off $279 limit 5 but this thing really looks to be a bigger dog in the USA than I expected only 7 sold in 90 days on eBay. 

Quer Eye same. 

Interesting the Porsche was in stock, not sure how many, and sold out at the new price. May have to go back to Walmart and grab them for $124 now that it is $170

Edited by Pseudoty

So here is my haul I did 4 separate orders and 2 of the HP for the double GWP. First time through the line it charged me $24.99 for the Forest Hideout because of the staircase so the manager had to override it. The Forest HideoutC1B2D2F3-4BC2-4B00-90F3-985659D710C1.thumb.jpeg.5c5480a63bcba73077ab5d63900bc111.jpeg has the same seal codes as the first round so not another production run and manager said they definitely won’t have enough to make it until Wednesday when the castle comes out and most likely will be out before 5PM today, I guess for when people get off work. He said get here early if I want a castle as interest has been high and they didn’t get that many in. 

They did limit to 1 of each new set and I really wanted to grab another 40574 as that was gone from my wish list at 03:00. Not sure what happened to it online but he said they only got 1 case in so I am thinking 3-5 units, and by the time I got back in line they were gone. 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

So here is my haul I did 4 separate orders and 2 of the HP for the double GWP. First time through the line it charged me $24.99 for the Forest Hideout because of the staircase so the manager had to override it. The Forest HideoutC1B2D2F3-4BC2-4B00-90F3-985659D710C1.thumb.jpeg.5c5480a63bcba73077ab5d63900bc111.jpeg has the same seal codes as the first round so not another production run and manager said they definitely won’t have enough to make it until Wednesday when the castle comes out and most likely will be out before 5PM today, I guess for when people get off work. He said get here early if I want a castle as interest has been high and they didn’t get that many in. 

They did limit to 1 of each new set and I really wanted to grab another 40574 as that was gone from my wish list at 03:00. Not sure what happened to it online but he said they only got 1 case in so I am thinking 3-5 units, and by the time I got back in line they were gone. 

How did you get 40574? I had it in my wishlist and it disappeared before it was released at midnight.

2 minutes ago, bmalsam16141 said:

How did you get 40574? I had it in my wishlist and it disappeared before it was released at midnight.

In store they got one case. When I grabbed it there were 2 left on the shelf and next time through the line they were gone. So at least 3 per case but not more than 5 could fit on the kiosk and when I asked if they had more in the back was told nope 1 case. 

27 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

In store they got one case. When I grabbed it there were 2 left on the shelf and next time through the line they were gone. So at least 3 per case but not more than 5 could fit on the kiosk and when I asked if they had more in the back was told nope 1 case. 

Today or yesterday? I was at a store yesterday and I didn’t see any. Weird why they got removed from online but so did Santa’s Sleigh.

my store said the Disney haunted mansion (sold out), lego store (the only got 4 or 5) (sold out), James Bond (almost sold out) and peach's castle were the big sellers.  While I saw some big sets being sold they tended to be old ones without price increases.  They will run out of forest gwp today they believe.  I bought an old larger non price increase set myself with a forest gwp.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Wow, can’t believe they didn’t reserve any Forest GWPs for the Castle release today…

This is a major B-Factor of 10. If so, that Forest is going to hit $100 by Christmas.

Maybe the GWP will show at 9a EST?

Had to bump sales some how in the dog days of summer.

Looking at aftermarket prices for Forestmen/Black Falcons/Lion Knights, Lego saw the demand and bumped their $ale$. 

I was equally bummed, as they go nicely together like spaghetti and meatball. And no gwp for a 90th year anniversary tribute, $400 release is total weak sauce.🤡

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Had to bump sales some how in the dog days of summer.

Looking at aftermarket prices for Forestmen/Black Falcons/Lion Knights, Lego saw the demand and bumped their $ale$. 

I was equally bummed, as they go nicely together like spaghetti and meatball. And no gwp for a 90th year anniversary tribute, $400 release is total weak sauce.🤡

Very strange. I'm now thinking the GWP will make a comeback on the official release date, not the VIP Access date. Otherwise, I'm baffled.

Still crossing my fingers that we'll get a castle-esque loyalty reward drop this week or next..

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Very strange. I'm now thinking the GWP will make a comeback on the official release date, not the VIP Access date. Otherwise, I'm baffled.

Still crossing my fingers that we'll get a castle-esque loyalty reward drop this week or next..

Oh, that would be salt in the wounds. I bought it last night at 12 to build. I had called the store just before close and they confirmed they had no GWP left, so I am glad it saved me the trip. After getting nothing with the Titanic for $629 I have just come to expect this from Lego not throwing a bone to their ICONS (AFOL) audience knowing they will buy it anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Obvious said:

think it will not be back

the castle is still in stock limit 3 in Europe and still comes with forest gwp

they wouldn't coordinate to take it away in the us, run out of all forest gwp in stores and then bring it back

repeating my comment I am sure sales are still brisk but the only sold out things are the disney mansion and the lego store everything else seems like there is plenty

then again the vip hats came back so who knows

24 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Target offering SAH VIP points for purchases!

https://www.target.com/c/lego-vip/-/N-iwvey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just fyi I was denied points on Marvel, Disney and the Bond car. I’m not sure why, it just said they didn’t qualify, maybe because they are licensed which is a pretty limited range. I’m reaching out to Lego, would be curious what others experiences are.

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion