LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

I noticed that Lego gave me almost 3000 VIP points today for free. Then I saw this note on their VIP rewards page: 

"We've changed our LEGO® VIP discounts! You don't have to choose between an online, in-store, or phone discount any more. If you had already redeemed a discount for store or phone, we have returned the points to your account"

Check your points balances folks, you may see a bump in points.

11 minutes ago, Zepp said:

I noticed that Lego gave me almost 3000 VIP points today for free. Then I saw this note on their VIP rewards page: 

"We've changed our LEGO® VIP discounts! You don't have to choose between an online, in-store, or phone discount any more. If you had already redeemed a discount for store or phone, we have returned the points to your account"

Nice, look what I got?

17/08/2022 Discounts update - points return +6

36 minutes ago, Zepp said:

Hmmmm, I wonder if I should spend them now?

Date Activity VIP Points
17/08/2022 Discounts update - points return +2164

I tried for a second yellow castle promo using an alternate address (left the phone number field blank) and got a confirmation early this morning that it was approved. So they still have some left.  This one did take about 3 days to confirm though.  The first one was approved in one day.  Used the website route for both.

Been thinking about this promo a bit today. IMO, it's beyond overrated. In terms of piece count, I'm no expert but seems to be smaller than this one for comparison

image.png.f419069f27b992ed939a6246348e48c2.pngimage.png.827af0a33c6842c41645c66c4853568b.png

So maybe a total of 150-175 pieces.

In terms of appeal - this is subjective - but to me, its just a generic castle. low key cute at best but really nothing special.

But most of all, 12,500 seems like a ginormous number for this type of thing. If it was 1k, I'd be all over it. With 12.5k, I have a hard time believing this will even sell out by the 24th. I'd bet confidently that there will be a large surplus, in the thousands, that are not "redeemed". These may very well show up on walmart.com for 9.99 in a week or 2. Alternatively, they may keep this promo running indefinitely.

Edited by Bricklectic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

Been thinking about this promo a bit today. IMO, it's beyond overrated. In terms of piece count, I'm no expert but seems to be smaller than this one for comparison

image.png.f419069f27b992ed939a6246348e48c2.pngimage.png.827af0a33c6842c41645c66c4853568b.png

So maybe a total of 150-175 pieces.

In terms of appeal - this is subjective - but to me, its just a generic castle. low key cute at best but really nothing special.

But most of all, 12,500 seems like a ginormous number for this type of thing. If it was 1k, I'd be all over it. With 12.5k, I have a hard time believing this will even sell out by the 24th. I'd bet confidently that there will be a large surplus, in the thousands, that are not "redeemed". These may very well show up on walmart.com for 9.99 in a week or 2. Alternatively, they may keep this promo running indefinitely.

I did another one on Friday with my last clearance pickup. I got the acceptance email but not the approval yet. I have done a total of 7 submissions of those 4 are still alive, 1 canceled for duplicate receipt which it was not, 1 canceled for “you already redeemed this promotion” which that person definitely did not and one with no reply at all. I have been to 3 Walmarts and none of them had signage combine that with the list of qualifying sets and once you get denied your address/email is no longer valid makes this not such an easy promo to get for the average consumer.

Not knowing if it is in a box or what and when you will get it doesn’t make preselling it a smart move.  I thought it was supposed to represent a mini version of the first Lego Castle set  Not sure if the company handling it can extend it but seeing it on Walmart seems possible.  As long as it is not available worldwide and if you are buying clearance anyway no real downside and still has potential upside around $25.

ETA: looks like no big GWP for 9/1 and 9/16 will be the sandwich cart like last year’s coffee cart. 

Edited by Pseudoty

8 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

It just showed up!

Oh those people that payed $100 are going to be disappointed. Probably can BL it for $15 except for the sticker. 

ETA was it shipped from IXL GRAPHICS if so mine is on the way. 

Edited by Pseudoty

8 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Oh those people that payed $100 are going to be disappointed. Probably can BL it for $15 except for the sticker. 

It looks like it's a printed red nexo Knight shield. Not a sticker.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

The recent GI Joe retro Classified figures, mind you on a carded bubble, were getting shipped left and right in shipping bags by Walmart. The few that received them in a box, generally had the card back and bubble completely destroyed. These being in a bag, is doing your sanity a favor. However, the one or two in total existence that would have been pristine would have fetched a fortune.  

Edited by Aup27

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion