LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

same here I tried the computer and gave up and send a text message with it

keep in mind it has to be a store receipt dated yesterday or later or an online receipt that shows it has shipped

it also has to be sets that are on the list of sets they list

I was going to use a batman poly to get over 50 and it is not on the list

it says it is limit 1 per household.  I had a friend do the same as well.  I bet it is enforced.

guess the set will be worth $75 to $100

just to note I decided to click the link in the text message that I get back and it took me to a web page where the upload worked, I filled out my name and address and then got the confirm response and a email thanking me for it.  in case the text only version needs manual approval and then they have to ask you for your address and then it is sold out figure the web page version will get approved quicker

I kept getting the same error trying to submit online while using Safari so I switched to Chrome and it went through the first try.  Unfortunately, now that I've checked my email, it looks like even though it was erroring out and telling me to try again in Safari it DID go through.  I now have 3 email confirmations for my submission.  Maybe Lego can take some of this extra money they are charging for sets and invest in some decent IT.  

I also saw even though I got the error on the website I received the confirmation e-mails for each submission attempt. I hope this does not cause a similar situation with the LEGO Technic Ferrari Daytona SP3 42143 Book where I made an order early when they allowed more than one per customer which I only ordered one, but they canceled that regardless. Then there was no way to place a follow-up order in time before they ran out as it said I already ordered one. Still sore feelings from that!

I myself have not seen any approval on the submission yet.

Edited by BaconBits
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, BaconBits said:

I also saw even though I got the error on the website I received the confirmation e-mails for each submission attempt. I hope this does not cause a similar situation with the LEGO Technic Ferrari Daytona SP3 42143 Book where I made an order early when they allowed more than one per customer which I only ordered one, but they canceled that regardless. Then there was no way to place a follow-up order in time before they ran out as it said I already ordered one. Still sore feelings from that!

I myself have not seen any approval on the submission yet.

Im guessing it will work out. the fine print says multiple can cancel but hopefully they keep the original as everyone is having multiple.  I am guessing their database is by receipt id # as a unique key whether in store or online and they see if in the system and handle accordingly.  that being said it is work for people to do this and my store didn't have the sign that exciter posted but in reality I think there are lots of people not looking at the qualified sets list or transaction dates 8-8 or later and will have rejected receipts.  I was going to get a bat poly until it wasn't on the list so I got another $19.95 set to put me at $60.  There are some stuff at Walmart that doesn't apply.  I still think this set will hit $75 - $100 at some point should be interesting regardless : ) just glad I can hopefully get mine free instead of paying for it

4 hours ago, BRIX23 said:

I kept getting the same error trying to submit online while using Safari so I switched to Chrome and it went through the first try.  Unfortunately, now that I've checked my email, it looks like even though it was erroring out and telling me to try again in Safari it DID go through.  I now have 3 email confirmations for my submission.  Maybe Lego can take some of this extra money they are charging for sets and invest in some decent IT.  

I used Chrome on the PC and it worked fine. Got the confirmation e-mail immediately. 

2 minutes ago, Brystheguy said:

Not sure how this works. I sent a screenshot of a Walmart purchase on my phone and that's all I've heard so far except to say thanks for the submission. They have no idea who I am, contact info, etc. Has anyone done it this way and received more via text?

Haven't seen anything else besides the "thanks for the submission" via text.

I'm worried now because I sent the online order confirmation page that showed the status "preparing". The status changed to "on the way" this morning, so I resent that screenshot via text.

Here I go guessing again, but this thing has to show up on SAH as a GWP or Loyalty Reward for point redemption at some point, right?  

3 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Haven't seen anything else besides the "thanks for the submission" via text.

I'm worried now because I sent the online order confirmation page that showed the status "preparing". The status changed to "on the way" this morning, so I resent that screenshot via text.

Here I go guessing again, but this thing has to show up on SAH as a GWP or Loyalty Reward for point redemption at some point, right?  

it says limited to 12,500.  could just be the Walmart allocation or that could be it for the usa.

11 minutes ago, Brystheguy said:

Not sure how this works. I sent a screenshot of a Walmart purchase on my phone and that's all I've heard so far except to say thanks for the submission. They have no idea who I am, contact info, etc. Has anyone done it this way and received more via text?

when you get the text back and you send the picture you also get a link in the text back where you could go to a web page, different than the lego 90 offer web page and then submit your receipt, fill out your address and submit.  I sent my receipt through text and then filled that out as well.  totally confusing

Side note:

- probability it comes in a polybag?

- do you think the piece that says “90 years of play” is printed? And has that piece showed up in any other sets?

https://www.lego90offer.com/

297818382_Screenshot2022-08-10140419.png.75f217a9901f3ab7462b5cc5f959a485.png

- I’m selling asap if I get it. They ain’t making 12.5k sets for Walmart only. It has to show up on SAH or in-store eventually, so it makes sense to take advantage of the short term FOMO pricing 

Edited by Captain_Obvious

54 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Side note:

- do you think the piece that says “90 years of play” is printed? And has that piece showed up in any other sets?

- I’m selling asap if I get it. They ain’t making 12.5k sets for Walmart only. It has to show up on SAH or in-store eventually, so it makes sense to take advantage of the short term FOMO pricing 

you never know remember the lego movie 2 brickheadz 10,000 each lol

49 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

This just popped up on the VIP Rewards page. Normally pass on this type of junk, but it's actually related to big money collector sets.

Would a completionist be interested?

https://www.lego.com/en-us/vip/rewards-center/rewards

1938647113_Screenshot2022-08-10143102.png.418b28855b7fb2193825840cde0f2926.png

love this

• Like 1

I did 3 submissions all information unique. I had just bought 2 Deloreans last week on the same receipt, so I brought them back and did a return rebuy to get 2 separate receipts dated today.  Then picked up 2 Fish Tanks. 

Not sure if this is the same fulfillment company as the past Walmart promos but on the one with the book they sent out multiples weeks apart I got 2 on 1 order and 3 on the other but none were sent in boxes they just slapped a shipping label on them. 

Walmart also had those little exclusive all red house sets that came in a box but can’t remember how many of those were made. 

1 hour ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Side note:

Looks like It’s a sticker to me and none of the other 4 90 year sets have any stickers AFAIK. 

• Like 1

Alright, so I just redeemed the Travel Postcard and Sticker Set.

Went back to the page and saw this new thing "Unlocks in 11 Months!" > "Redemption Limit Reached For This Period, but you can redeem again in 11 months". 

Wondering what we can gleam from this new enhancement to the page:

• Is it really saying that if this is a turd, and they can't get rid of it, they'll let us comeback to redeem more? Similar to the buy limits moving from 2 to 5 on sets that appear to have a strong demand, then flops, and now they're desperate to move weight..

https://www.lego.com/en-us/vip/rewards-center/rewards

image.thumb.png.2255b56c39433a954a2a30f296b32498.png

Edited by Captain_Obvious

1 hour ago, melting said:

So if we texted should we also email?

I just filled out the online form and submitted my receipt there as well. I didn't like how I haven't heard anything via text so figured I'd try. No big deal if I don't get it at all because they think I'm trying to scam the system. Wouldn't be the first time! 

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion