LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

5 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

Oh my. just a bag. and a poor looking bag at it. Just looks cheap.

Sad, really.

Even worse in person than my dreary earlier prediction.

Sell sell sell!

Should I just use stock promo photos and leave the USPS pkg. sealed? That way the new owner can savor the disappointment.

Edited by melting
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, wegj15 said:

Might have been your mail person taking a break. I had that happen before.

Yeah, I had a FedEx driver that was terrible for a bit. I had to call and request they wrap my packages in plastic before leaving the dock. She must have smoked like a freight train the entire route.

17 hours ago, bmalsam16141 said:

And yet they didn’t accept PO Boxes. USPS=PO Box

They will accept mine because I was sneaky - my post office lets me use an alternate format - their street address with my "Unit number" instead of saying PO BOX and it works every time for UPS, FEDEX and others who wont ship to PO Boxes.

6 minutes ago, Zepp said:

They will accept mine because I was sneaky - my post office lets me use an alternate format - their street address with my "Unit number" instead of saying PO BOX and it works every time for UPS, FEDEX and others who wont ship to PO Boxes.

I have a physical address but that is only where UPS and FedEx packages come to. All USPS stuff comes to the PO Box which is weird why they don’t accept PO Boxes if it is shipping through USPS anyways.

1 hour ago, bmalsam16141 said:

I have a physical address but that is only where UPS and FedEx packages come to. All USPS stuff comes to the PO Box which is weird why they don’t accept PO Boxes if it is shipping through USPS anyways.

It is to try and help eliminate multiple entries. Another workaround I have used is same physical address but Apartment 101 A, but that did not work for this one. If you read the T&C they are pretty extreme to try and block bots and deal websites. 

Is that a printed Nexo Shield or a pre applied sticker?

Edited by Pseudoty

1 minute ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

inperson? how much more worse can it be based on online pics it looks like a bag of loose bricks in a (arguably re-used) generic ziplock bag?

this has got to be an all-time low, in terms of packaging for anything officially LEGO

Nothing new. LEGO has done this before

image_2022-08-23_172209510.png

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Nothing new. LEGO has done this before

image_2022-08-23_172209510.png

I have that and like 8-10 of the MILF they did. 

I think with the castle set Lego sends cases of the elements to a third party and they manually fill the bags, just a thought and probably wrong. 

• Like 1

yeah all those ziploc ones are elements and hand built.  The Legoland promos had like 4 in the set and the Ninjago fidget spinnners too.  Employees messed them up a lot so just offered to build my own so I didn't have to recheck them all after getting them.

Basically like the builds they used to do in store with the elements all being separate.  Just got the generic cover card and ziploc.

• Like 1

The old TRU in-store build events were packaged like this too. You got a similar Ziploc and walked down an "assembly line" table of parts and either built your set there or took them home. What they did here is similar but just done by hand in a warehouse somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if some were missing parts due to human error.

16 minutes ago, Zepp said:

The old TRU in-store build events were packaged like this too. You got a similar Ziploc and walked down an "assembly line" table of parts and either built your set there or took them home. What they did here is similar but just done by hand in a warehouse somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if some were missing parts due to human error.

Exactly. I bet some interns with the marketing company that’s running this promotion filled the bags. Lego probably shipped them a few crates of pieces and it was up to them to fill the bags and deal with the problems.

• Like 1

I hope this doesn’t jam anyone up but my first one arrived today and you can see there is a second smaller bag inside of the main bag. Some of the listings on eBay don’t have that bag visible, perhaps the small bag parts were packed loose or it is just no visible in the pictures. 

6BFA9F18-6E2F-4339-B780-5AB0AAA8491C.jpeg

1 minute ago, Pseudoty said:

I hope this doesn’t jam anyone up but my first one arrived today and you can see there is a second smaller bag inside of the main bag. Some of the listings on eBay don’t have that bag visible, perhaps the small bag parts were packed loose or it is just no visible in the pictures. 

mine is the same with two bags and the manual is well made.  this thing is more substantial in size and pieces than some on here are indicating.  I like it.  might order more stuff for another one today.  plenty sold on ebay today alone : )

32 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Mine have the second bag of pieces.

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion