LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

5 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Game changer!!!

I thought I saw someone say licensed sets do not qualify but I am not sure.  Also you get 1 pt instead of 6.5 per dollar.  so you get 15% of the vip points if you buy direct. since you get 5% cash back basically at lego on vip points 650 points per $100 spent that equates to you getting 7/10'ths of 1% vip points back at target.  it ends at the end of January I think currently to though could be extended.  Basically if your getting 5% off buying from target with a target red card, plus gift cards or whatever else you can do, you will get $5 in vip points for every $650 you spend on lego that qualifies vs $5 in vip points for every $!00 you spend when buying from lego.  also you stop accumulating at 1000 vip points per month from your target purchases.  I don't think I would make a buying decision based off of this but if your going to buy at target any ways then certainly use it.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, starwarsxpress said:

I thought I saw someone say licensed sets do not qualify but I am not sure.  Also you get 1 pt instead of 6.5 per dollar.  so you get 15% of the vip points if you buy direct. since you get 5% cash back basically at lego on vip points 650 points per $100 spent that equates to you getting 7/10'ths of 1% vip points back at target.  it ends at the end of January I think currently to though could be extended.  Basically if your getting 5% off buying from target with a target red card, plus gift cards or whatever else you can do, you will get $5 in vip points for every $650 you spend on lego that qualifies vs $5 in vip points for every $!00 you spend when buying from lego.  also you stop accumulating at 1000 vip points per month from your target purchases.  I don't think I would make a buying decision based off of this but if your going to buy at target any ways then certainly use it.

Target also does 1% back with Circle. So it should realistically start at 6% before any gift cards, discounts, promos, etc.

Still not going to beat the LEGO value, but the amount of sale and clearance that I've bought at Target make this an awesome addition.

4 minutes ago, thegraverobber said:

Target also does 1% back with Circle. So it should realistically start at 6% before any gift cards, discounts, promos, etc.

Still not going to beat the LEGO value, but the amount of sale and clearance that I've bought at Target make this an awesome addition.

Agree use it when you can.  Just not revolutionary to me at least. The most you can get back in a month is about $7.70 per month in lego cash back for every $1,000 you spend and it may exclude all licensed sets.    Free is free though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Wow, can’t believe they didn’t reserve any Forest GWPs for the Castle release today…

This is a major B-Factor of 10. If so, that Forest is going to hit $100 by Christmas.

Maybe the GWP will show at 9a EST?

I was considering buying the castle on day-1, but now holding off because of the lack of GWP. Thankfully I got one last go around. Will now wait out for double VIP points...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, starwarsxpress said:

homer-simpson-the-simpsons.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion