Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

This theme has forever been a big unknown, so I choose to wait until february.  Selling your stack now could also be a risk, as well.  If it doesn't come back in full force, it could be a big time "doh" for some.  But then again, with how many resellers there are on some of these sets, it's going to be a while, even once these retire before returns are in the 2.5x range...

In the US you had a really great price point on this set. In Europe it was overpriced ar around 50 euros RRP and has stiffed at around 100 on Ebay now that the Xmas rush is over and the other sets have come back into stock again.

Hard to say what the ceiling will be when the full range EOL´s and whether there will be demand as we know how kids change their minds.

11 minutes ago, gravtation said:

Got informed today from a lego store (here MTL, Qc) Director that .. Jurassic World should come back not only as another wave in Jan/Feb but for the next 8 months to come .. can someone here confirm this affirmation ?

I posted this in the retiring soon thread Monday:

I went to my LEGO store today and asked about Jurassic World theme.  He said he believed it "is done."  He yelled for the manager in the back of the store and asked, "What are we expecting for the JW theme?"  The manager did the throat slit motion and yelled, "It's done."  I told him I had called CS and they said ALL sets would be back in February.  To which he replied that they were told they would never receive another.  He said that doesn't mean the line would retire, they just wouldn't be getting any more.  It felt like he was trying to cover CS' butt, but then he said a couple of years ago, there was a mining theme that they didn't get back in stock, but stayed on LEGO Shop at Home for nearly a year.  Just what I heard...

The only thing coherent is the incoherency og info from Lego staff.

If they were going to pull the line in 2015, they would have done it by now - it wasn´t a problem to retire RE here. My guess is they will come back for a limited time in 2016 but nof the full 1h or they´d be in the catalogue. They were not in the Jangbricks catalogue vid either IIRC.

Edited by valenciaeric

I have 24 T.Rex tracker sets that I couldn't move for Christmas, 7 I.Rex sets, 1 Dilophosaurus set, 1 Raptor Rampage set and 5 PC sets.  What should I do with them?  Return them? Keep most of them, get a RE from somewhere and keep a 1 complete collection?  I could use the money back now since I couldn't move them, but if they are hard to find now and won't be out for long in 2016... I'm torn as to what to do?

10 minutes ago, qcb13 said:

I have 24 T.Rex tracker sets that I couldn't move for Christmas, 7 I.Rex sets, 1 Dilophosaurus set, 1 Raptor Rampage set and 5 PC sets.  What should I do with them?  Return them? Keep most of them, get a RE from somewhere and keep a 1 complete collection?  I could use the money back now since I couldn't move them, but if they are hard to find now and won't be out for long in 2016... I'm torn as to what to do?

Sell them for what you can and move on or hold.  Risk vs. Reward

• Like 4

Should have dumped them for small/no gain or small loss. That's what I did with 6 TRex. Maybe wait it out until Feb to see if they actually do come back in stock at LEGO Shop at Home.

I wouldn't lose anything because I can return them.   If they don't come back, what set(s) do you think will be the most valuable? Is it worth keeping some sets to part out because of the unique dinos?  I am new to this but I am loving the thought of buying/keeping sets to sell later. 

Guest brickcrazyhouse

You won't lose on these sets, keep them.  Not that you're asking but . . .returning sets as a bail out aprouch, (in my opinion) is wuss move.  buy with confidence and learn from mistakes.  

13 minutes ago, qcb13 said:

I wouldn't lose anything because I can return them.   If they don't come back, what set(s) do you think will be the most valuable? Is it worth keeping some sets to part out because of the unique dinos?  I am new to this but I am loving the thought of buying/keeping sets to sell later. 

42 minutes ago, qcb13 said:

Returning them is a **** move. Return policies get stricter because of this type of activity and it hurts resellers in general. I know that TRU now requires an ID and will refuse returns after a certain point. Anyways, if you do hold on to these for the medium/long term, you'll eventually make your money back and then some but it might take a year or two. Hopefully you bought them at a decent discount? If you're buying at RRP in hopes of flipping, you really have to know what you're doing and it's better to buy one less than you can sell rather than a mass overbuy. 

I recently ran into the same issue with Amiibos. Bought dozens but ended up selling at close to my cost after fees. I only ended up returning two of them.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, qcb13 said:

What were you pricing these things at?

1 hour ago, qcb13 said:

if you can afford to keep them hold on to them and sell them later (for long term inventory). once they retire you would have enough time to sell them.

having said that depends completely on your condition and situation.

returning is an option but take them as something of LAST RESORT never to buy in lot and return. you have to understand that its not going to be easy to return all of those 24 T. Rex. they may not have noticed when you bought them but they definitely will notice your return. in addition to that TRU and TARGET require ID to return items. Does not matter where/which store you return its all tracked and they can refuse "return" to you. RETURN is not guaranteed. 

do some research and there might be ways to get rid of them at/over RRP(after fees/shipping) right now but it will require some patience and hard work.

@pete411 is right on that take this as a learning experience and its always better to buy 1 less than more and have to be stuck with it.

Edited by newbie77

13 minutes ago, randrace said:

Split the sets up, listing each dino, minifigure, vehicle, and playset separately. You WILL make money. Also, list sets at RRP on Craigslist as an alternative to returning.

easier said that done. and i personally believe that the window has passed already

while its a choice its a lot of work with huge number of customer/item returns and complaints. yes you might make money but its not a gurantee that you will make money specifically on the set 75918.

that's 5 transactions that needs to occur and based on amazon rankings JW mini-figures are not flying off the shelves. dinos were at one point but T-REX also desirable @ $69,99 i doubt people will get those currently when all the

a. chinese options are at 1/4th of the cost

b. 75918 can be obtained at the price... :) but one never know. but the i am not really comfortable with the choice of separating 28 75918 :D

I thought about parting them out.  I will try a couple and see what happens!  I don't mind parting out a few, keeping some.  I guess i'm just so new to this, I need a push.  I won't return.  I may not make anything on some of the sets but I'm not going to loose anything...

I did get the $10 free gift card with each of 7 75918 sets that I got from TRU and sold them at face value.  So 7 of the sets I really got for $64.99!!

And the 75919 sets are still selling for a good bit above retail, just not the $200 I sold some for before Christmas...