Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

That's why I'm here, to ask for advice.  I'm new and trying to learn!!  I'll keep them, didn't really think of returns hurting resellers but I def don't want to do that!!!

I entered the game in a similar fashion, but I was QFing Haunted Houses (picking them up for $110AUD & selling for retail towards the end of their life).

I think what has irked most members here is the sense of entitlement that some of the new comers seem to have.

When I first joined, I spent hours, if not days reading through the forums before my first post. Other members, myself included will go leaps and bounds to help those who have done their research first.

One thing I did learn is that Europe/US are completely different markets. I made many mistakes reading heavily into the US market and not my own.

On a final JW related note, even the TREX is an abomination over here, I can't clear them out at retail, and they haven't been in stores since late Nov.

Although returning Lego kits is not a good idea as a reseller, it doesn't hurt the retailers as much as abusing promotions and coupons. The difference on this forum is that there is no profit to be made in returning items so some people here feel like it is a chance to scold someone for "making their job more difficult".

I personally do not return kits out of embarrassment and a sense of failure. I'd rather eat the loss. It does look bad and give resellers a bad image to return hoards of stock. My very first purchase 16 years ago, I returned 2 shopping carts full of Lego at 30-50% off. I had shame in my eyes but relief in my heart because I got rid of the stuff. I haven't done anything like that ever again and I don't want to.  It is easy to lose money in this game so I would advise careful research before you buy large amounts.

1 hour ago, Average Guy said:

The Chinese have started "cloning" the dinosaurs for the Jurassic World theme. This can't be good for the future value of this theme line.

They've been doing it for months.  I was surprised to see them on Amazon.  For some reason, I thought it would be harder to sell them there.

About 6 weeks ago I said the JW sets were in the 2016 Wholesale Form, now since the Raptor Escape is a Lego and Walmart Exclusive, that set would not be on the list, and it just shows the sets listed, it does not say All Year, Spring Only, which means Lego is not sure how long into 2016 they will be around for.   Ed

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

All JW is available from LEGO Shop at Home except RE...

thank you.

lets just hope that TLG did not go way overboard on this.

if they did then now this line would be like exo-suit; RI and mine craft ;). 

Edited by newbie77

30 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

All JW is available from LEGO Shop at Home except RE...

it has been since new years eve :)

On 12/31/2015 at 2:17 PM, tacsniper said:
This theme is now back in-stock on LEGO Shop at Home except for 75920 Raptor Escape

all targets within 100 miles _had_ the theme restocked.  i've cleaned them out of mint I-rex.  i am betting this is the final run.  

either way i think post EOL the theme has legs ... ba-dum-dumb.  cymbal crash.

On January 1, 2016 at 1:47 AM, dinner41 said:

Are there any news of new sets in this line? Seems kind of silly not to play towards the dino kids corner.

If there was a second wave, it would be sought after, and it would allow for a 5 or 6 dino's.  But, I don't think that's happening.  I wouldn't mind seeing that though.

21 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

I think we'll see a second wave with the next movie...

Yeah, definitely nothing leaked or rumored that indicates this is getting another wave.

Also, gotta go with Emazers here - even if they pump out a boatload of stock in Q1 and it is orderable wholesale, that stock likely won't make it all the way to next November. I was overjoyed to move 16 IRs and just under double digits of RR and RE in Nov-Dec (Canadian market, obviously), and wouldn't mind doing it again. I still think I can hold off on an IR reload for a 20% off sale, hopefully.

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Achilles said:

The "deal" talk on the main thread got me curious about this, most of these sets have 200-300 resellers on Amazon NOW. Even the big ones are 150+. Isn't this concerning/slowing you guys at all on this theme? 

Not if you're comfortable with selling 20% below everyone else.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Achilles said:

The "deal" talk on the main thread got me curious about this, most of these sets have 200-300 resellers on Amazon NOW. Even the big ones are 150+. Isn't this concerning/slowing you guys at all on this theme? 

It does me but the horde has no concerns. Ignorance is bliss. Just buy buy buy on credit and all will be good. It's better than gold haven't you heard? All threads lead to the bubble thread....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MarxMarvelous said:

It does me but the horde has no concerns. Ignorance is bliss. Just buy buy buy on credit and all will be good. It's better than gold haven't you heard? All threads lead to the bubble thread....

I think the Daily Deals is the only thread that doesn't lead to the bubble thread, it always leads to the ethics thread.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Achilles said:

Not when I can still make my $3 per set profit. :money:  Wake me up when it hits $.50 per :sleep:

• Like 1