Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

15 minutes ago, brad4815 said:

I'm curious to know this as well. All of my IR's I've sold have been calculated and only been within a few states.

Many sellers use "free shipping" option, hoping shipping charges even out

Also, on Amazon, there is practically no way to use "calculated" shipping

Edited by No More Monkeys

Maybe a stupid question, but why don't you guys just ship "actual shipping" instead of "hoping" your customers aren't too far away?

I think it's plays into the buyer's decision making process to some extent. People don't like to "pay" for shipping even if the total cost is the same.

I also think it might factor into eBay best match ranking algorithm but nobody really knows for sure.

• Like 1

Guest betsy805

A lot of buyers prefer the 'free shipping' route....so I build shipping costs into the list price.  Plus, top rated sellers get discounts on list price, NOT shipping.  So you save extra money that way too.

1 hour ago, BrickLegacy said:

I think it's plays into the buyer's decision making process to some extent. People don't like to "pay" for shipping even if the total cost is the same.

I also think it might factor into eBay best match ranking algorithm but nobody really knows for sure.

Also you don't earn eBay bucks on shipping costs. I know that's usually only 2% but if I'm working with a 5x eBay bucks promo and buying a $300 item, I'd much rather get 10% "back" off the full $300 (when it's listed as free shipping) as opposed to 10% back off $280 and then pay $20 more for shipping.  Yes it's only $2 difference but it makes a difference psychologically. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

No JW sets in the 2016 1H catalogue. Just sayin......

The JW theme tab was back up at shop at home yesterday and now is gone again.

Also the note about being out of stock seems more dramatic than before:

We're sorry that this set is not available. Please check back in February for product availability.

Was it always so apologetic? 

Guessing there's a lot of pi$$ed off parents who are not happy about enriching the toy scalpers shiny plastic coffers.

It would be fantastic if TLG headfaked the $5 lovin' QFLL into dumping JW stocks and then retire it before there is a chance to replenish.  :victory:

IMG_3175.JPG

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cladner said:

The JW theme tab was back up at shop at home yesterday and now is gone again.

Also the note about being out of stock seems more dramatic than before:

We're sorry that this set is not available. Please check back in February for product availability.

Was it always so apologetic? 

Guessing there's a lot of pi$$ed off parents who are not happy about enriching the toy scalpers shiny plastic coffers.

It would be fantastic if TLG headfaked the $5 lovin' QFLL into dumping JW stocks and then retire it before there is a chance to replenish.  :victory:

It's been that way since they put the message up.  Doesn't change the fact that I hope it's done. :)

On December 8, 2015 at 11:09 PM, Loghamel said:

To become a power seller on eBay, you MUST offer free shipping.  That's the main reason I do.

That's twice that I've seen you mention a free shipping requirement. For some reason (perhaps my own lousy search skills) I can't seem to find any such requirement, care to help?

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/sell-powersellers.html

20 minutes ago, Migration said:

That's twice that I've seen you mention a free shipping requirement. For some reason (perhaps my own lousy search skills) I can't seem to find any such requirement, care to help?

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/sell-powersellers.html

Yeah, I thought for sure you did, but I don't think you have to.  But for your DSR, free shipping is automatically given 5 stars, which will save you when someone expects your product to arrive in 4 days regardless of quoted shipping times.

5 minutes ago, cladner said:

i'll let you know in 3 years - i'm up to 80 .  i haven't had any returns from the 15 i sold for $130 in August and September. :)

I haven't sold any of mine either.  Thought I should add that I have nowhere near 80 though.  That's an impressive number.

Edited by Loghamel

14 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

But for your DSR, free shipping is automatically given 5 stars, which will save you when someone expects your product to arrive in 4 days regardless of quoted shipping times.

It's not right that eBay has the customer rate the shipping costs in the first place. If someone thought shipping was too high, they shouldn't have placed the order in the first place. I'm sorry eBay was someone holding a gun to their head when placing the order...? Silly...

23 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

Yeah, I thought for sure you did, but I don't think you have to.  But for your DSR, free shipping is automatically given 5 stars, which will save you when someone expects your product to arrive in 4 days regardless of quoted shipping times.

I haven't sold any of mine either.  Thought I should add that I have nowhere near 80 though.  That's an impressive number.

Impressive, depressive.  I believe in Santa.  Exo-suits - that's a whole different story.

JW theme tab is back at shop at home us.

showing Raptor Escape as SOLD OUT.  rest are TOS.

5 minutes ago, cladner said:

Impressive, depressive.  I believe in Santa.  Exo-suits - that's a whole different story.

JW theme tab is back at shop at home us.

showing Raptor Escape as SOLD OUT.  rest are TOS.

I don't think it will disappear again.  As long as the Dimensions stays available, it will appear and I'm not sure there will be enough demand post-Christmas to drive it to sold out status.  

14 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

It's not right that eBay has the customer rate the shipping costs in the first place. If someone thought shipping was too high, they shouldn't have placed the order in the first place. I'm sorry eBay was someone holding a gun to their head when placing the order...? Silly...

Please discuss eBay silliness in the appropriate thread... :P I can go on and on about making shipping time one of the required performance metrics :drag:

6 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Please discuss eBay silliness in the appropriate thread... :P I can go on and on about making shipping time one of the required performance metrics :drag:

Sorry, I was following the subject matter not the thread, please feel free to move or delete...