Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

Yep Limit 1, can't say I've seen that ever except for a new release exclusive or Ideas set. Must be very limited stock!

Edit: Looks like all Scooby Doo sets are limit 1 also

Haha I just jumped on to grab a RR and another TREX and didn't know I was 0.02c short and got slugged with $35 shipping.....grrrrrr

With week 40 and 42 dates showing up, it appears they haven't fully "stopped" production on these for 2015.  Anyone like me, thinking this feels a little like The Tumbler last holiday season? Not really available at LEGO Shop at Home, but trickled out weekly to the B&M's (and in this case, some retailers), keeping a lid on the reseller market?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Junior said:

they are trying to make them available for timmy and Johnny

30 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

Not really available at LEGO Shop at Home, but trickled out weekly to the B&M's (and in this case, some retailers), keeping a lid on the reseller market?

How shocking is that?  They are doing what they can to satisfy their primary consumers  :D

With week 40 and 42 dates showing up, it appears they haven't fully "stopped" production on these for 2015.  Anyone like me, thinking this feels a little like The Tumbler last holiday season? Not really available at LEGO Shop at Home, but trickled out weekly to the B&M's (and in this case, some retailers), keeping a lid on the reseller market?

If I had to guess, I would say that TLG misjudged demand for these sets and had production tied up with other items when the level of demand became apparent. Now, they're catching up to demand. This makes a lot more sense than them trying to screw resellers or retiring a wildly popular line after only a few months.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

How shocking is that?  They are doing what they can to satisfy their primary consumers 

Not "shocking", but changes my attitude a bit.  I have picked up a few of each set (and a large stack of RE's), thinking they had possibly seen their last run this year (their website gave me that impression).  If that were true, prices on the entire line would ramp up exponentially between now and Christmas (similar to what I read about the Tumbler about this time last year). But if they continue to "satisfy their customers" this way... well... it may make sense just to sell now.  Sure, they might make a few dollars more in a few weeks... but they might not.

Same with the RE's.  Pretty much only available at B&M stores ...though they're holding a shelf tag at Walmart and re-appearing here and there.  If Walmart doesn't get a large shipment before Christmas, I'm thinking they almost certainly will in January.  I'm leaning towards trimming my stock of these also.

Edited by Kenxxx

5 minutes ago, MarxMarvelous said:

Except you can sell JW sets right now for close to 2x msrp. Did Tumbler ever get close to $400 even in late december?

Not sure if Tumbler and JW is a apple to apple comparison.  Different sets for different audiences at different price points.  I'm not sure AFOLs are going to drool over this the same way they are/did over the Tumbler.  I think the people buying JW sets right now are Tommy's parents.  It's easier for a parent to stomach a $80 purchase for RE than a $300 purchase, especially when the $300 purchase isn't meant to be played with.

....but then again what do I know.

I got one tumbler to flip last year and was lucky to get 280 shipped for it in mid december. I have already done way better on JW sets in Oct and Nov and expect it to get better.

33 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

Did the Tumbler ever have a message that stated it was out of stock until a date 4 months out.  Not a ship date, but a "check back to see if these are going to be available again" message?

It had a message to either check B&M stores or it would be back in January or both. There was SOME message. Don't remember the exact text.