Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2015‎ ‎1‎:‎09‎:‎10‎, tacsniper said:

I am sure there is more than $13 profit right now at $206+. See below, I choose $215 because thats where a few sellers are. Only one listing as of posting at $206 and $210, which will not last long. Seeing 30% ROI for one week flipping is pretty good. Now x20,30,40,100 or whatever people have accumulated and buy from now till feb... you will have a huge chunk of change to reload comes Feb.

As for quick flip vs long term... don't forget the one QLing will be compounding his profits. If he can rinse and repeat this hundreds of times across many sets, he may come out ahead assuming he keeps buying the right sets that will average minimum 10% ROI and eventually be able to compound enough profit to buy in bulk.

Those numbers are oveembelished by about 20 US dollars.  First cost to acquire will be more than 130 as most people bought these at retail and with state sales tax included.  Second shipping costs are very undervalued.  Finally prices have not hit 215 yet.  Maybe around christmas.  But that gives a lot of people an idea on what they will be making on this set.  At best, they might profit 30.00 on an IR this chirstmas season. 

Not bad, I suppose, but compared to what some will be making on old retired sets (1 to 2 years past retirement age) this chirstmas, i'm still a fan of "flipping" the retirees.

Can you guys stop arguing about how many five dollar bills you're making or not making? Seriously it's been said about 30 times in this thread and it's annoying.

I'm going to start deleting posts that argue about it because they add absolutely ZERO value at this point and I'm not embellishing that!

• Like 5

Why are people stocking up on these sets for the long term right now? You are really wasting your money by doing so. It's clear that these sets aren't going to retire in the near term and that everyone will have plenty of time to stock up over the long term. You're really wasting your money if you're tying up your capital this early in these sets because there is plenty of sets that fan be bought right now that will retire this year and can be sold next year.

Why are people stocking up on these sets for the long term right now? You are really wasting your money by doing so. It's clear that these sets aren't going to retire in the near term and that everyone will have plenty of time to stock up over the long term. You're really wasting your money if you're tying up your capital this early in these sets because there is plenty of sets that fan be bought right now that will retire this year and can be sold next year.

People are stocking up in order to sell for Christmas. There are some who believe the line may be done soon.

Sometimes people are right and get paid off well. Sometimes people are wrong and they have to wait longer for payday. Sometimes people are really wrong and lose money. This line is not a lose money type scenario

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2015‎ ‎7‎:‎56‎:‎13‎, redcell said:

Its clear as mud that this set isn't going to retire. It's perpetually sold out and is removed from Lego's website as if to deny the line ever existed. Hardly seems Ike a waste to me. Sounds like that guy last year telling everyone to dump their 41999 crawlers so he could corner the market.

I'm one of those that it isn't "clear" at all that these sets aren't going to retire soon.  I know, call me crazy, call me a rookie, etc., but I'm just not sure these aren't done.  I have a very modest holding of each compared to some and do plan on selling most for the Christmas frenzy, but I don't think buying anything that includes "LEGO" & "Dinosaurs" as wasting money.  This isn't directed at you, but I'm tired of people making generalized statements like " there is plenty of sets that fan be bought right now that will retire this year and can be sold next year."  Sure, I bet there are, which ones? My list of active sets shows right at 475.  Tell me, which of these 475 are getting ready to retire and should be bought now and sold next year for a better return than RE, RR, TRex, or IRex.  I can predict there will be 10 that does so simply because the odds say that at least 2.1% of all active sets will outperform those sets.  But who benefits from that?  TELL me the sets I should be pouring my money into RIGHT NOW and holding until next year that would be better than pouring the same money into these sets, selling by Christmas, and then buying those same sets you would purchase now in their stead.  That would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 2

Can you guys stop arguing about how many five dollar bills you're making or not making? Seriously it's been said about 30 times in this thread and it's annoying.

I'm going to start deleting posts that argue about it because they add absolutely ZERO value at this point and I'm not embellishing that!

Ohh gosh.  You know what's really annoying?  A mod that doesn't allow lego discussion, because he wishes to abuse his authority.  Seriously… this loud abusive mall cop crap from you Gregpj is out of control on this site at times.  

If you find offense to just a few of us debating about prices on what one can make on these, on a lego investment forum, then this site is obviously not about lego investing.  

Edited by fossilrock

I'm one of those that it isn't "clear" at all that these sets aren't going to retire soon.  I know, call me crazy, call me a rookie, etc., but I'm just not sure these aren't done.  I have a very modest holding of each compared to some and do plan on selling most for the Christmas frenzy, but I don't think buying anything that includes "LEGO" & "Dinosaurs" as wasting money.  This isn't directed at you, but I'm tired of people making generalized statements like " there is plenty of sets that fan be bought right now that will retire this year and can be sold next year."  Sure, I bet there are, which ones? My list of active sets shows right at 475.  Tell me, which of these 475 are getting ready to retire and should be bought now and sold next year for a better return than RE, RR, TRex, or IRex.  I can predict there will be 10 that does so simply because the odds say that at least 2.1% of all active sets will outperform those sets.  But who benefits from that?  TELL me the sets I should be pouring my money into RIGHT NOW and holding until next year that would be better than pouring the same money into these sets, selling by Christmas, and then buying those same sets you would purchase now in their stead.  That would be greatly appreciated.

I agree. Secondly, it's not like these sets are that easy to obtain. I'd rather take a risk on sets that are somewhat scarce and might have a good reward overthrowing money at sets that are easily obtainable and are going to have a very high reseller count.  

Peoples buy ins are completely unknown. Eol is completely unknown, individual shipping costs and fees are unknown, current buyers of stock are unknown, amount of investor inventory is unknown. What o find interesting in all this is amazon now discounting these sets even a little despite sold out basically on Lego website and almost none available anywhere else. Why would a massive retailer do that? That is a good question. Folks, place your investing bets, but forever arguing all of the unknowns is pointless, forever a circle debate. Investing discussion is maybe better an discussion of opportunity costs against not her themes or sets. Kinds like is Santa workshop the same go to this year at rrp of 70 as last year? Compared to say t Rex tracker. Supply/demand etc. If the discounts get steeper at amazon on super limited stock I will ask more questions. I am also speaking only of the USA market. Since I live here. Carry on.

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2015‎ ‎5‎:‎12‎:‎44‎, fossilrock said:
Ohh gosh.  You know what's really annoying?  A mod that doesn't allow lego discussion, because he wishes to abuse his authority.  Seriously… this loud abusive mall cop crap from you Gregpj is out of control on this site at times.  

If you find offense to just a few of us debating about prices on what one can make on these, on a lego investment forum, then this site is obviously not about lego investing.  

Let's just put this out there... You can kiss it. You are one of the biggest problems on this site as you argue with everyone and backtrack on statement after statement. People here are fed up with you and your bull spit so if you don't like it, you get can get lost.

Yes I said that. No I don't like you. I try to be patient but you are being an a**hole to mods and especially to other members.

If you want we can arrange for your posts to go through an approval process. Despite what you think this isn't a democracy and Jeff and Ed ask us (the mall cops) to keep up with the threads and right the ship from time to time. If it was up to me if have banned your ass a long time ago for the way you "speak" to everyone here.

• Like 6

did you really compare Greg to Paul Blart?

He was a pretty active member before a mod and speaks pretty much the same. He just calls it out the way he see's it.  Now he has some magical dust to delete some crap that does get annoying. But he ain't no Paul Blart. That guy has a cool segway...

giphy.gif

• Like 6

Let's just put this out there... You can kiss it. You are one of the biggest problems on this site as you argue with everyone and backtrack on statement after statement. People here are fed up with you and your bull spit so if you don't like it, you get can get lost.

Yes I said that. No I don't like you. I try to be patient but you are being an ******* to mods and especially to other members.

If you want we can arrange for your posts to go through an approval process. Despite what you think this isn't a democracy and Jeff and Ed ask us (the mall cops) to keep up with the threads and right the ship from time to time. If it was up to me if have banned your ass a long time ago for the way you "speak" to everyone here.

good for you gregpj! It's about time a mod spoke out against him, Your profile pic suits you well :goodjob:

Edited by California92563

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2015‎ ‎6‎:‎34‎:‎36‎, ravenb99 said:

did you really compare Greg to Paul Blart?

He was a pretty active member before a mod and speaks pretty much the same. He just calls it out the way he see's it.  Now he has some magical dust to delete some crap that does get annoying. But he ain't no Paul Blart. That guy has a cool segway...

Not to mention gregpj shoots to kill, Paul Blart on the other hand....... Let's just say calling gregpj Paul Blart is like saying judge dredd is the same as a mall cop......... :P 

• Like 1