Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

I'm one of those that it isn't "clear" at all that these sets aren't going to retire soon.  I know, call me crazy, call me a rookie, etc., but I'm just not sure these aren't done.  I have a very modest holding of each compared to some and do plan on selling most for the Christmas frenzy, but I don't think buying anything that includes "LEGO" & "Dinosaurs" as wasting money.  This isn't directed at you, but I'm tired of people making generalized statements like " there is plenty of sets that fan be bought right now that will retire this year and can be sold next year."  Sure, I bet there are, which ones? My list of active sets shows right at 475.  Tell me, which of these 475 are getting ready to retire and should be bought now and sold next year for a better return than RE, RR, TRex, or IRex.  I can predict there will be 10 that does so simply because the odds say that at least 2.1% of all active sets will outperform those sets.  But who benefits from that?  TELL me the sets I should be pouring my money into RIGHT NOW and holding until next year that would be better than pouring the same money into these sets, selling by Christmas, and then buying those same sets you would purchase now in their stead.  That would be greatly appreciated.

If you believe that these sets will retire this year or are looking to flip them at the holidays, I can see why you would be buying into them.  Personally, I haven't seen anything to indicate that these sets will retire this year.  Sure, they have been consistently out of stock, but they have just as consistently come back into stock and been snapped up.  To me, that seems to be more a function of the demand for the sets than impending EOL.  I could certainly be wrong, but I haven't spent a dime on any JW set other than 30320 and won't do so until next year if they're still around.

As for which sets I would be buying before the JW sets, I would look at 60057, 76011, 76012, 76015, 76017, 76020, 76021, and 76022.  

Sure, they have been consistently out of stock, but they have just as consistently come back into stock and been snapped up.

Except they haven't consistently come back into stock.  Not on the website, nor in the B&M, and certainly not at TRU, Target or WM.  I have never seen ANY JW set at TRU, only 75915 at Target, and have only seen 1 IR at WM.  I have consistently seen 915 at WM the past couple of weeks, but that's it.  Heck, the S&H site says " We're sorry that this set is not available. Please check back in February for product availability."  Nothing else is like that except the broken 21303.  If that fact alone doesn't make one at least pause and contemplate putting this towards the top of their "Should sell well for the Holidays", well, I'm not sure what would.

Personally, I haven't seen anything to indicate that these sets will retire this year.  

I haven't been at this long enough to base my beliefs on the action of the sets.  I will only say I believe what I do because of what I have heard.

As for which sets I would be buying before the JW sets, I would look at 60057, 76011, 76012, 76015, 76017, 76020, 76021, and 76022.  

60057 - Love this set both as a flip and an investment.  I can still get about as many as I want from retail, but I will be adding a bunch of these.

76011, 76012, 76020, 76022 - All available at S&H, B&M, and on the shelves at all of my TRUs.  I'll keep an eye on them if they get the "Retiring soon" status or suddenly retire.

76015 - Is available at S&H, B&M, and on the shelves at all of my TRUs, but at least it has the "Retiring Soon" tag.  I am looking to add a bunch of these to my stock eventually.  I like the set and it should do well on its own merits, but with the release of the BB modular, these will be wanted by individuals to add to their scenes.

Thanks for the suggestions.

• Like 1

Except they haven't consistently come back into stock.  Not on the website, nor in the B&M, and certainly not at TRU, Target or WM.  I have never seen ANY JW set at TRU, only 75915 at Target, and have only seen 1 IR at WM.  I have consistently seen 915 at WM the past couple of weeks, but that's it.  Heck, the S&H site says " We're sorry that this set is not available. Please check back in February for product availability."  Nothing else is like that except the broken 21303.  If that fact alone doesn't make one at least pause and contemplate putting this towards the top of their "Should sell well for the Holidays", well, I'm not sure what would.

Look back over the various threads in which JW is discussed.  They have been popping up here and there pretty consistently over the past few months.  Also, I don't chase the holiday quick flips anymore...I've wasted a lot of money chasing those phantoms in the past and it's a lot easier to pick sets for a 12-month timeline.

I haven't been at this long enough to base my beliefs on the action of the sets.  I will only say I believe what I do because of what I have heard.

So what have you heard?

76011, 76012, 76020, 76022 - All available at S&H, B&M, and on the shelves at all of my TRUs.  I'll keep an eye on them if they get the "Retiring soon" status or suddenly retire.

They're all done this year...be careful about waiting for the outward signs of retirement on sets like these.  A lot of people got caught with their pants down on 6866 for the same reason that you're hesitating on them.

Look back over the various threads in which JW is discussed.  They have been popping up here and there pretty consistently over the past few months.  Also, I don't chase the holiday quick flips anymore...I've wasted a lot of money chasing those phantoms in the past and it's a lot easier to pick sets for a 12-month timeline.

So what have you heard?

They're all done this year...be careful about waiting for the outward signs of retirement on sets like these.  A lot of people got caught with their pants down on 6866 for the same reason that you're hesitating on them.

big difference between #6866 vs JW set.

#6866 was out almost 2 years in US. 2012 and 2013 if my memory serves right.  #6866 was on sale for $16.16 @ amazon for probably longest between/throughout 2013 until it was available.  

my personal opinion was there were fewer resellers then plus this set was a underdog vs all other available. people did not expected it to do so well. no one thought that 100 of sets would be devoured mainly for deadpool and bonus for wolverine. 

i sold most of my sets @49,99 . {no regrets :) } 100% ROI in less than 8 months. was more than what i could have asked for. 

personally, i do think JW will be back next year (march) but their availability will depends on so many variables ... :) don't want to go there. this particular topic has been beaten to death.

Edited by newbie77

Let's just put this out there... You can kiss it. You are one of the biggest problems on this site as you argue with everyone and backtrack on statement after statement. People here are fed up with you and your bull spit so if you don't like it, you get can get lost.

Yes I said that. No I don't like you. I try to be patient but you are being an ******* to mods and especially to other members.

If you want we can arrange for your posts to go through an approval process. Despite what you think this isn't a democracy and Jeff and Ed ask us (the mall cops) to keep up with the threads and right the ship from time to time. If it was up to me if have banned your ass a long time ago for the way you "speak" to everyone here.

giphy.gif

i got IR from 127.00+ price @amz- order of two - with 40R5....thats Sep28 - Oct04...

I like to read this post and that's really funny....i can see how all talking will change completely when everybody try to get any JW avail for big shortage of all sets, small and large, cause i start getting this theme b4 release, when it was avail widely in WMT, TRU and Target...sold 36-40 RE in summer time....and keep buying it now and if retired or not in january...no theme was like JW as i remember with no availability for long period of time...so keep talking amd me making $$$...no offence. Lol

Edited by brickolodon
  • Like 1

If retailers continue to sell out at this pace- it could get interesting for us . Depends obviously on demand... Are we forcing the quick sell outs or is it the everyday consumer . It's gonna get interesting soon..

Heck yeah we are forcing the sellouts. This is exactly the kind of reseller behavior that Lego detests in that we are causing unpredictability and dramatic shifts in availability that affect the everyday consumer. Basically, 90% of all Jurassic World sets being sold at retail are going right into reseller's hands.  

That said, there's nothing Lego can do about it at the moment as they've tied up production elsewhere. The big question is, when they do another run of these sets next year, will the demand still be there? They definitely want to steer clear of another Exo-Suit type of situation.

Heck yeah we are forcing the sellouts. This is exactly the kind of reseller behavior that Lego detests in that we are causing unpredictability and dramatic shifts in availability that affect the everyday consumer. Basically, 90% of all Jurassic World sets being sold at retail are going right into reseller's hands.  

That said, there's nothing Lego can do about it at the moment as they've tied up production elsewhere. The big question is, when they do another run of these sets next year, will the demand still be there? They definitely want to steer clear of another Exo-Suit type of situation.

How in the world could you know that percentage, out of curiosity?

• Like 2

Would it be fair to say "It's my opinion that most JW sets are being purchased by resellers?" 

Because they are. And no, I don't have "hard" evidence, but Timmy's Grandma doesn't make Lego go "poof" from online retailers in a matter of minutes at random hours of the day. That takes a coordinated effort from dedicated people who see $$$. 

If there's going to be a bubble, resellers are adding the air. I'd like to think Lego is too big for the bubble, and across the board, I think it is. Certain sets, lines, etc. will experience micro bubbles though--and this line is one. RE was selling for over $100 on Amazon not too long ago. Yesterday, the buy box was around $85. I'm not arguing profit margin of $5, but the margin has "popped" some. 

And yes, I know how long it is until Christmas. Just food for thought. 

"Be willing to be different." - Warren Buffett 

• Like 4

Would it be fair to say "It's my opinion that most JW sets are being purchased by resellers?" 

Because they are. And no, I don't have "hard" evidence, but Timmy's Grandma doesn't make Lego go "poof" from online retailers in a matter of minutes at random hours of the day. That takes a coordinated effort from dedicated people who see $$$. 

If there's going to be a bubble, resellers are adding the air. I'd like to think Lego is too big for the bubble, and across the board, I think it is. Certain sets, lines, etc. will experience micro bubbles though--and this line is one. RE was selling for over $100 on Amazon not too long ago. Yesterday, the buy box was around $85. I'm not arguing profit margin of $5, but the margin has "popped" some. 

And yes, I know how long it is until Christmas. Just food for thought. 

"Be willing to be different." - Warren Buffett 

Yep, this line has definitely been a lesson on the horde sacking sets and inflating a micro bubble   A bit similar things are going on with Santas Workshop and the Advent Calendar sets. Early on it was well worth the perspective to gather sets for investment (and that might still be the case long term), but now it's getting ridiculously pointless to keep buying them because they are just moving from walmart to sell by amazon/ebay, target to sell by amazon/ebay, toys r us to sell by amazon/ebay, lego shop at home to sell by amazon/ebay, etc for the christmas flip.  There will be about a month window where there is going to be a lot of stock exchanging, but I don't think it will be at very inflated prices when the reseller numbers start to go over 200 for each one of the main sets.  Add in that every day there are retailers having these available, even if it is for only 15 minutes at a time.   Since the middle of last month these have seen a continuous rise in resellers and a downward shift in prices.  So, at best it remains a long term gamble that these won't be coming back in large numbers, and once all the QFLL's bail out that things will appreciate.   Until then....it's a "meh"..  But, that's just thinking different from the horde.

Edited by fossilrock

Yep, this line has definitely been a lesson on the horde sacking sets and inflating a micro bubble   A bit similar things are going on with Santas Workshop and the Advent Calendar sets. Early on it was well worth the perspective to gather sets for investment (and that might still be the case long term), but now it's getting ridiculously pointless to keep buying them because they are just moving from walmart to sell by amazon/ebay, target to sell by amazon/ebay, toys r us to sell by amazon/ebay, lego shop at home to sell by amazon/ebay, etc for the christmas flip.  There will be about a month window where there is going to be a lot of stock exchanging, but I don't think it will be at very inflated prices when the reseller numbers start to go over 200 for each one of the main sets.  Add in that every day there are retailers having these available, even if it is for only 15 minutes at a time.   Since the middle of last month these have seen a continuous rise in resellers and a downward shift in prices.  So, at best it remains a long term gamble that these won't be coming back in large numbers, and once all the QFLL's bail out that things will appreciate.   Until then....it's a "meh"..  But, that's just thinking different from the horde.

this is the case with any "flippable" set . It will only get worse .