The LEGO Movie 2 BrickHeadz

SLL

18 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

this is a great case study..IF Target manages to maintain their buy limit of 2 ea...I'd be really curious to see how the after-market reacts 

It'll be a **** show. Possibly up to 2500 people unloading 1-2 of them, all undercutting one another for a quicker sale. eBay is going to be a mess for these.

The more people that have these in their hands, the worse the resale value.

I honestly see these boosting the price of the Walmart sets as more end users will get their hands on these target sets. Those who get the Target pair may have a desire to complete the set... which many more ended up in the hands of resellers.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

It'll be a **** show. Possibly up to 2500 people unloading 1-2 of them, all undercutting one another for a quicker sale. eBay is going to be a mess for these.

The more people that have these in their hands, the worse the resale value.

I honestly see these boosting the price of the Walmart sets as more end users will get their hands on these target sets. Those who get the Target pair may have a desire to complete the set... which many more ended up in the hands of resellers.

I have to agree with that. It's boils down to a simple question of supply and demand.

There will be more suppliers of these sets, especially if Target enforces their limits and starts administering bans.  More suppliers leads to more products available in the market. Demand is driven down as prices get slashed over and over.  The cycle keeps going and going.

The Walmart sets were easier to monopolize and gather in greater quantities comparatively speaking. 

Remember: Be fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful!

10 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Some have been banned and live under a new Jedi name.  It was a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away.

Would 2 orders of 2 each get a person banned, do you think? One would hope they'd just cancel the 2nd order (rather than ban). It's not like we're trying to buy 100 at a time, or putting in 100 orders (at least I'm not - I stopped at 2x(2+2)

And, I wonder if I got my brother with his own red card to order some and ship them to my house, would that increase rise of ban, since it's the same address, or would Target not care, since it's a different red card... Hard to manage the greed... but I'd love my 5 sets (one for me, 4 to sell) to be complete...

Edited by CathyVT

Just now, CathyVT said:

Would 2 orders of 2 each get a person banned, do you think? One would hope they'd just cancel the 2nd order. It's not like we're trying to buy 100 at a time, or putting in 100 orders (at least I'm not - I stopped at 2x(2+2)

It's been a long long time since I've heard of Target banning anyone, so I seriously doubt it.

Not sure who wins out on this between Walmart and Target... Walmart got $50k extra for selling these $5 higher... Target may get a few new red card accounts out of this, and collect interest from those who don't keep their red card balance zeroed.... Target will probably make out better in the long run

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

1 minute ago, schmidtywerben said:

I'm also curious on the price difference between Walmart and Target. Makes me think even more that Benny and Mayhem aren't limited

I mentioned an example before. Walmart sometimes does funky pricing on their exclusives at first and then fixes it later when it's brought to their attention.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, schmidtywerben said:

I'm also curious on the price difference between Walmart and Target. Makes me think even more that Benny and Mayhem aren't limited

See above ebay link to a Mayhem with the LE sticker.

At this point, I'm not sure how many pages back it is already.

Edited by hockeyweasel

55 minutes ago, Fleck said:

I am still very very very very very mad.....but I finally caved and now have myself a RedCard thanks to this little gimmick of Target. You win this round Target !! You Win !

On the upside I saved $2.00 with the 5% off ?

You won’t regret it. I got my years ago for lego purchases, not close enough for everyday shopping. No annual fee, at the very least 5% off lego and sets are always packed better than most retailers. Every once in a while, they will sent you a order in a ridiculously large box with a hundred air pillows. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, oneknightr said:

The 5% off everything when you pay with the Redcard is awesome! It's an instant 5% off and not a cash reward that you have to redeem. I'm actually surprised that a lot of regular Target shoppers still don't have one.

Also, for those who don't know, you don't have to get a whole new credit card (I've seen people elsewhere complaining they don't want/need another credit card) - you can get a Red Card Debit Card which links to an exiting checking account. However, I don't know if you can get it set up instantly (I waited for mine in the mail) but maybe there's a way to get to use it quickly...

• Like 1

Just make sure to zero balance the card every month as the interest kills the discount without blinking. It can get away from you fast when you find a couple honeyholes of clearance and open a 4 or 5 figure monthly statement....

Got my 2 of each so I am happy. Tempted to sell as a set of all four but have a feeling that individually will net more money. Will have to watch the prices on the next couple weeks.

Sent from my ancient phone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app