The LEGO Movie 2 BrickHeadz

SLL

I think this whole thing is an experiment. This was a nice opportunity for LEGO to try something like an exclusive set(s) and see what the interest was. They started small and threw Target and Wal-Mart a bone in the process. It also solved many of the complaints from consumers who cannot go to a Comic Con to buy numbered sets. I believe you will see much more of these types of releases in the future.

Could be. I also know how Walmart works trying to stiff arm vendors. Both Target and Walmart have some endcap space devoted to Lego and TLM2. When they were doing the department line review months back, there is the chance that for having the end cap space for X amount of time, Lego offered each 2 exclusive sets.

Guest TabbyBoy
27 minutes ago, GregP said:

So does everyone believe these won’t be back as combo packs etc for general sale?

I reckon they will, how could even LEGO ignore the demand for the more well known characters of TLM2? That's the whole point of the movie, isn't it?... to sell more tat?

29 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

I don't think Brickheadz were good sellers before. The Lego Movie sets weren't necessarily good sellers the first time around. That combination leads me to believe there won't be any other Brickheadz made for this movie.

They´ve probably got more peope talking about these sets due to the stickers than any other TLM set.

I reckon they will release them more widely at some point and certainly outside the US.

20 hours ago, iahawks550 said:

Why why why? 

Just referring to the number appearing on the bay for sale.Would definitely not panic sell.

When I contacted Sah recently about availability in EU for these they did mention some of the previous popular BHZ might be reintroduced

but as always big pinch of salt time.

Edited by grabbitfast
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, grabbitfast said:

Question is how many of the SDCC sets turned up in a new format, checking now.

https://brickset.com/sets/theme-BrickHeadz

Some detail changes but same characters.

Wonderwoman

Superman - quiff

Batman - Blue to black.

Joker

Ironman

Capt Merica

Rey and Kylo

Boba Fett

We also have the elusive TRU giraffe that no one seems to have actually bought.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Val-E said:

https://brickset.com/sets/theme-BrickHeadz

Some detail changes but same characters.

Wonderwoman

Superman - quiff

Batman - Blue to black.

Joker

Ironman

Capt Merica

Rey and Kylo

Boba Fett

We also have the elusive TRU giraffe that no one seems to have actually bought.

Yes thanks Val-E saved me the spade work, so I guess looking at the stats a double pack variant is a minor possibility.

Edited by grabbitfast

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

I reckon they will, how could even LEGO ignore the demand for the more well known characters of TLM2? That's the whole point of the movie, isn't it?... to sell more tat?

Maybe they did look at demand based on tickets sales of the first Lego movie:

USA 258 Million

UK 57 Million 

Spain 7 Million 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Maybe they did look at demand based on tickets sales of the first Lego movie:

USA 258 Million

UK 57 Million 

Spain 7 Million 

5k units would have given us stock to grace the clearance bin for years to come! TRU here still have those Cops and Robbers sets in stock, which were also 5k units.

Seems they are leaving money on the table in the US, though. Supports the theory these sets will be back in twin format.

Edited by Val-E

I think this whole thing is an experiment. This was a nice opportunity for LEGO to try something like an exclusive set(s) and see what the interest was. They started small and threw Target and Wal-Mart a bone in the process. It also solved many of the complaints from consumers who cannot go to a Comic Con to buy numbered sets. I believe you will see much more of these types of releases in the future.

I think these are ill timed SDCC exclusives they needed to offload. The movie released far too early to take advantage of SDCC.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, zaphoid said:

if you are looking for a Emmet and a Wyldstyle for personal build I may be able to help out.  I have one of each where the boxes are in less than ideal condition.  If you are interested send me a P.M.

Thanks, but I am going to sell all of them at some point (I won't be building them). Again, thanks for the offer!