The LEGO Movie 2 BrickHeadz

SLL

Pretty baffled how this thread is 23 pages long already.  All cause of a sticker.  Such madness.  Were there really 5000 Emmet fans to begin with?  Well philb of course so 4999?  If they were never stickered and still limited to 5000 and we never knew I bet they'd still be available.  

• Like 5

Pretty baffled how this thread is 23 pages long already.  All cause of a sticker.  Such madness.  Were there really 5000 Emmet fans to begin with?  Well philb of course so 4999?  If they were never stickered and still limited to 5000 and we never knew I bet they'd still be available.  

Man, you never SAY that, no matter how tru it is.
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, bigboy61 said:

Would you be interested in swapping one set? 

if you are looking for a Emmet and a Wyldstyle for personal build I may be able to help out.  I have one of each where the boxes are in less than ideal condition.  If you are interested send me a P.M.

26 minutes ago, henrysunset said:

This limited edition regional exclusive business is crazy!  By my math, The LEGO Group might only make $10k, and pissed a lot of fans in the process—while admittedly making even more money for resellers like folks at BrickPicker.

I've shared my math, and some more wild speculation in this article: https://brickarchitect.com/2019/2019-year-of-the-exclusives/

Love to hear more speculation, or see if I made any errors in my analysis and estimates!

From any of the Managers at Walmart I've talked to you are estimating margins way to high.  I would guess more on the lines of a 30% mark-up or so just based on what I've heard.

2 hours ago, henrysunset said:

This limited edition regional exclusive business is crazy!  By my math, The LEGO Group might only make $10k, and pissed a lot of fans in the process—while admittedly making even more money for resellers like folks at BrickPicker.

I've shared my math, and some more wild speculation in this article: https://brickarchitect.com/2019/2019-year-of-the-exclusives/

Love to hear more speculation, or see if I made any errors in my analysis and estimates!

Excellent analysis regardless of over or under assumed percentages. At this small a production run no way this decision was based on profits. With such a small ROI no design/sales team would pitch this. I like what some have speculated about a failed or re-thought SDCC offering. Those are limited run with low ROI. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, henrysunset said:

That may be true—I can't validate my assumptions as I do not have a wholesaler accoutn with LEGO.  It is also possible that each individual Walmart store "purchases" at 30% discount from corporate HQ, who pays less still and uses the difference to track corporate profits as opposed to store-specific profits.  Sadly, lots of guessing and no real numbers.

Even if the wholesale discount was closer to 30%, that's still a pretty small profit for LEGO.  Even a $50k profit is pretty irrelevant for a company as big as LEGO, (and would require much smaller labor cost than i guessed, rounding down the manufacturing cost, and a smaller 30% wholesale discount.)

---tom

Walmart was at least savy enough to sqeeeze $25k more profit than target did with their $5 mark up. 

I think this whole thing is an experiment. This was a nice opportunity for LEGO to try something like an exclusive set(s) and see what the interest was. They started small and threw Target and Wal-Mart a bone in the process. It also solved many of the complaints from consumers who cannot go to a Comic Con to buy numbered sets. I believe you will see much more of these types of releases in the future.

• Like 7