Bricklink's AFOL Designer Program 2019

3 minutes ago, isawred said:

finally received shipping on Eight Studs!! super excited about this set! did anyone else order? 

still waiting on the castle notice... as soon as i do it'll be on the bay for $625 lol 

I got "preparing" on 8-Studs, not actual shipping.

19 minutes ago, isawred said:

finally received shipping on Eight Studs!! super excited about this set! did anyone else order? 

still waiting on the castle notice... as soon as i do it'll be on the bay for $625 lol 

Just got the preparing. Usually I saw shipping email right after preparing, but not this time. Doh!

4 hours ago, CathyVT said:

I got "preparing" on 8-Studs, not actual shipping.

4 hours ago, minicoopers11 said:

Just got the preparing. Usually I saw shipping email right after preparing, but not this time. Doh!

The process/procedure/order of things has been all over the place with this program.... don’t get me wrong I absolutely love the concept but it makes me wonder ya know?

I have a feeling I am going to be a kid on Xmas once received!!! I will very likely open immediately and hopefully build very soon ??

5 hours ago, isawred said:

Hooray hooray eight studs on the way(shipped)   Have hot shot, waiting on castles, saloons,monorail, bikes still. The fact there are some of any sets remaining still at nine days left actually makes me feel like its our little secret, more so than the're just not wanted. Until my current foray into LEGO I had never heard of Bricklink so not too surprised. 

1 hour ago, Belac said:

Hooray hooray eight studs on the way(shipped)   Have hot shot, waiting on castles, saloons,monorail, bikes still. The fact there are some of any sets remaining still at nine days left actually makes me feel like its our little secret, more so than the're just not wanted. Until my current foray into LEGO I had never heard of Bricklink so not too surprised. 

You’ve got a nice variety on the way! I thought for sure the saloons would sell out..... can you see the % of funded/# of backers?

I’d have to agree the majority of population doesn’t even know these sets exist! Priced right/Cool Themes/International Shipping! Although, would you agree BL is more popular/more users from outside of the US? I’d be curious to see the distribution of total sets to various countries... I’d vote 50%+ US market.... 

Expansion set pieces ordered (damn those multiple seller shipping costs) - Most sellers were actually pretty fair with what they charged (but it does add up).

Although I certainly have most of the pieces available, I know I'm never going to spend all that time looking for them.

Expansion set pieces ordered (damn those multiple seller shipping costs) - Most sellers were actually pretty fair with what they charged (but it does add up).
Although I certainly have most of the pieces available, I know I'm never going to spend all that time looking for them.
Lol, if you are in USA like me what did in run ya? I'm just gonna spring for all. 1,626. Auto shows $193

Sent from my SM-G955U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

48 minutes ago, squeakdigital00 said:

Lol, if you are in USA like me what did in run ya? I'm just gonna spring for all. 1,626. Auto shows $193

Sent from my SM-G955U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Around $205 shipped (although that is after I backed out a few higher priced pieces that I knew I had sitting around - BURP's, and a few Technic connectors, etc).

16 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

Pardon my ignorance and laziness. Just to make sure I have this right or wrong.... A second castle WILL give you all the pieces needed for the expansion? 

The designer tried to use mostly pieces that were in the set (if purchasing a second set).  I believe that 1000+ are avail in the Lowenstein set (and you would need to purchase the other 600 or so).

So you could have spent the $200 for a second set, buy the extra pieces for around $65 or so (plus shipping), and still have 1,000 nice new castle pieces left over.

The big decision factor would come down to what the value of a new/sealed Lowenstein set is/will be.

Edited by KShine
  • Thanks 1

Received my Hot Shot Carnival today - #1111.  As others have said, very impressive, high quality packaging!  An outer box, then an inner box, then the boxed set itself - each just big enough to fit inside each other.

The set box has an outer sleeve that slides off and unfolds.  On the back of it is a photo that is a scene from a carnival with a large Ferris wheel (that looks like the LEGO version).  The sealed box is impressive as well.  I have not unsealed it yet though.

It would be great if Bricklink continues this program and periodically has new sets.  I would definitely be interested!

22 minutes ago, dennugsmello said:

Are people still waiting on their castles? I still have not had my ordered charged and shipped yet. I was one of the first pledgers and currently 2 orders says backordered. I received the address confirmation email, so I think my order is still valid.

I received my castle, but the order the sets are shipping out seems to be random. I placed all my orders at same time (except Eight Studs) and others received their sets weeks before me and vice versa.