Bricklink's AFOL Designer Program 2019

On 6/11/2019 at 3:00 PM, iahawks550 said:

For those of you that paid with Paypal, were you charged originally with the order, or when it shipped?

Bricklink asks for the payment only when the order is ready. No paying in advance.

Edited by bricklues

It's actually pretty funny how slowly my science tower is moving. It's helping to improve my geography knowledge of the US:

Monday - FedEx got shipping info. Shipped from Irvine, CA

Tuesday - Anaheim, CA

Wednesday - Commerce, CA; Los Angeles, CA

Thursday - Needles, CA

Friday - Jarales, New Mexico; Shattuck, Oklahoma.

Saturday - Marceline, Missouri. 

A little more than half way! (to Vermont)  I'll be PSYCHED when it crosses the mighty Mississippi River!

map.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KShine said:

Lowenstein is out for delivery!

Thats good news:).  Also I  Read this on BL forum about the castle. Found it interesting. (subject was a  castle being raffled by BL at a show in EU)

Admin_Russell13 hours ago
@Brickmasterrdub - as it turned out, the sets we brought to Europe were deemed too valuable to use in the raffle, so they were taken to the LUG's special vault. But that didn't happen until after about 200 Loewenstein Castles were shipped out from our warehouse in California.

Hmmm... TOO valuable you say.  Two weeks left to order more.  Hmmm

10 minutes ago, CathyVT said:

It's actually pretty funny how slowly my science tower is moving. It's helping to improve my geography knowledge of the US:

Monday - FedEx got shipping info. Shipped from Irvine, CA

Tuesday - Anaheim, CA

Wednesday - Commerce, CA; Los Angeles, CA

Thursday - Needles, CA

Friday - Jarales, New Mexico; Shattuck, Oklahoma.

Saturday - Marceline, Missouri. 

A little more than half way! (to Vermont)  I'll be PSYCHED when it crosses the mighty Mississippi River!

Yes, Fedex Smartpost is literally quite the trip.

Thats good news:).  Also I  Read this on BL forum about the castle. Found it interesting. (subject was a  castle being raffled by BL at a show in EU)   Admin_Russell13 hours ago @Brickmasterrdub - as it turned out, the sets we brought to Europe were deemed too valuable to use in the raffle, so they were taken to the LUG's special vault. But that didn't happen until after about 200 Loewenstein Castles were shipped out from our warehouse in California.   Hmmm... TOO valuable you say.  Two weeks left to order more.  Hmmm  

Well it took a week to get from Southern California to Northern California. :P

Warning. I just opened one of my Löwenstein castle and three of the baggies inside wasn’t sealed properly and some of the parts came out. Hopefully I don’t have any missing pieces. Just be careful as you take the baggies out of the box.

20 hours ago, Belac said:
Thats good news:).  Also I  Read this on BL forum about the castle. Found it interesting. (subject was a  castle being raffled by BL at a show in EU)

Admin_Russell13 hours ago
@Brickmasterrdub - as it turned out, the sets we brought to Europe were deemed too valuable to use in the raffle, so they were taken to the LUG's special vault. But that didn't happen until after about 200 Loewenstein Castles were shipped out from our warehouse in California.

Hmmm... TOO valuable you say.  Two weeks left to order more.  Hmmm

Same source has Since mentioned two castles sold at brickworld charity auction for $625 ea.   The charity part prob inflated $ a bit, but still not bad.

I would like to understand.  They took two sets all the way to Europe to raffle, and then they "were deemed too valuable to use in the raffle", exactly who "deemed" them too valuable, the same guy that brought it to Europe for the raffle, or the actual raffle people?  Or did they just change their mind once they got to the raffle because they could make more money on the secondary market (Ebay, Charity sale, etc...).  I don't know but it just sound weird to me that someone would advertise a raffle and then decide to outright sell the would be raffled products...sounds bizarre and omnious.  

Edited by ckubrick2
  • Like 1

Also does that mean that people on the waitlist will not get one as they are too valuable and those orders that got cancelled are going to be sold in th aftermarket by brick-link.  I mean they already sold two in the aftermarket, before anyone getting theirs, I will assume those were going to waitlisted people (hopefully they did not cancel two paying orders to do that) but they decided since they are too valuable and sold them.  Any word on this?

Edited by ckubrick2

On 6/16/2019 at 11:15 AM, ckubrick2 said:

I would like to understand.  They took two sets all the way to Europe to raffle, and then they "were deemed too valuable to use in the raffle", exactly who "deemed" them too valuable, the same guy that brought it to Europe for the raffle, or the actual raffle people?  Or did they just change their mind once they got to the raffle because they could make more money on the secondary market (Ebay, Charity sale, etc...).  I don't know but it just sound weird to me that someone would advertise a raffle and then decide to outright sell the would be raffled products...sounds bizarre and omnious.  

7 hours ago, ckubrick2 said:

Also does that mean that people on the waitlist will not get one as they are too valuable and those orders that got cancelled are going to be sold in th aftermarket by brick-link.  I mean they already sold two in the aftermarket, before anyone getting theirs, I will assume those were going to waitlisted people (hopefully they did not cancel two paying orders to do that) but they decided since they are too valuable and sold them.  Any word on this?

How I read it was one castle brought to EU for a raffle and LUG (Lego user group)put in vault instead. Not sure about other sets.  And seems as if two other castles were sent to a charity auction here in the US, went for $625ea. Also not sure about other sets. Really no speculation here, just giving the info.  If someone had entered that raffle they pulled it from and thought to expect a castle, they'd be little bummed one would imagine but may have been a secret prize.  This info is all taken from answers an admin has given on a BL forum.  I don't know if those 3 were planned to raffle from the start or not.  To me I didn't feel like anyone was done wrong.  Just nice too see AFOLS giving a nod to the rarity and coolness of these probably little known of sets.(at least little known to the masses)

I'm planning to build the castle expansion as well. I was originally going to use parts from my second set so I went ahead and got the 500+ parts for the expansion that aren't in the castle, but now I'm having second thought......I'm debating whether  I should buy the rest of the parts and sell my second set or just continue with my original plan......dilemma!

So my weekend LEGOing has been sorted as I've finally received my Hot Shot Carnival.  Box number 537.  It took quite a while to get to Scotland - it was dispatched on 20th May.  Bit of a shock having to pay over £12 customs and Royal Mail handling fee but at least the shipping was free... (typical Aberdonian!).

The packaging was OK - no padding, just a snug-fitting outer box.  The inner bags holding the pieces seem thinner and more brittle than those LEGO themselves use - one bag had split and spilled its contents.  

I've also ordered a Wild West Saloon but see that it's marked as Backordered so Goodness only knows when that will arrive.

Hope everyone's enjoying their own sets.

4 hours ago, locidm said:

I'm planning to build the castle expansion as well. I was originally going to use parts from my second set so I went ahead and got the 500+ parts for the expansion that aren't in the castle, but now I'm having second thought......I'm debating whether  I should buy the rest of the parts and sell my second set or just continue with my original plan......dilemma!

Sell the 2nd set, and pay for the expansion with some of the profits.

4 minutes ago, squeakdigital00 said:

Are there instructions for this expansion? Or exactly what's going on? I'm in for the castle.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Yes - they are sold (by the designer) on rebrickable (around $15).

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-24877/Raziel_Regulus/löwenstein-castle-official-expansion/#comments

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NJKelly said:

The packaging was OK - no padding, just a snug-fitting outer box.  The inner bags holding the pieces seem thinner and more brittle than those LEGO themselves use - one bag had split and spilled its contents.

Same here - 3 Castles taped together (no extra padding), so the bottom one (with all that weight) certainly got banged up a bit while traveling cross country (at least it made my picking which one to open/build easier).

One of the sets had an open bag in it, and the one that I opened (to build) had a bag that was open, but unspilled. Pretty much, If you put a finger on both sides of a bag and rub gently, it will open. Going forward, a new bagging/sealing process will likely be needed (as I would expect some bags to open in transit, using the current sealing method).

Knowing how collectors are, I am sure that they must be having to deal with lots of complainers. I am more than pleased overall, as this is a brand new venture for them (untested, etc) - so some issues are to be expected, but I am sure that some people are being much less forgiving.

By the way, I am up to the bag 3's - and really enjoying this great set!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squeakdigital00 said:

The page only imports 394 bricks to BL when I tried

Sent from my SM-G955U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Ok, I thought you meant the additional pieces needed if you had purchased a 2nd Lowenstein set (using many of those parts towards the expansion).

The 1600+ pieces would cost (depending on your preferences used/new, etc) in the $200 range.

Edited by KShine