Bricklink's AFOL Designer Program 2019

2 hours ago, CosmicSpeed said:

In an alternate universe, Lego pulls a fast one and these are labeled under regional exclusive and are made widely available for purchase in 3 to 6 months after June 30th.

... they wouldn’t... would they?  ?

Be interesting to see who actually has claimed copyright on the instructions, the default would be the creator unless they entered into a contractual agreement. Which may be BrickLink due to using their software.

12 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Just got tracking on 3 Hot Shots I ordered. Ordered one the first day and 2 more on the last day, all three are shipping together now. 

Received my 1 hot shot tracking as well. First one to ship out for me. Wasn't the first set I ordered or really even that early on.

Anyone else get a "confirm your shipping address" email?  I got one today and wondered if it was a sign of me maybe getting a shipment soon.  It was only about the pledge I made on the castle last month.  The Hot Shots purchase I made this month wasn't mentioned. 

20190531_123901.jpg

1 minute ago, MusiKyle said:

Anyone else get a "confirm your shipping address" email?  I got one today and wondered if it was a sign of me maybe getting a shipment soon.  It was only about the pledge I made on the castle last month.  The Hot Shots purchase I made this month wasn't mentioned. 

Yes, I got that, for the Science Tower and 8 studs models (those are the only 2 I ordered). Hopefully it'll ship soon! Keep an eye on your credit card - they'll charge before they ship.

7 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

I received this as well, but I ordered fairly late so I'm not sure it means they're getting ready to ship.

same here for all sets ordered. 1 castle at the 1000 supporter mark and (2) 8 studs. 1 bikes and 2 chess near the last day.... super excited!!!! 

edit: anyone think there is significance to the castle 2499% funded?

Edited by isawred

I think that todays' email (address confirmation) was meant as more of a "we haven't forgotten about you" message (especially since so many buyers that have received their sets never  got one).

Maybe some internal decision such as - any pre-order not sent by the end of the month should get an email/message.

Then again, maybe they have just encountered a bunch of bad addresses.

First set arrived today, (imagine it, buildit) the last I ordered and not one that I initially pledged for!

Impressive on several counts, the packaging is way better than it looks, it’s in the Apple league, actually better I would say.

Very high quality printing both of packaging and instructions. Thick cardboard “black box”

even the brown shipping box has been branded and customized to fit!

they charged $15 shipping for 3 sets, cheapest I could ship this package to CA  would be close to $40.

Interesting to note the set has been given a BL code (BL19009], the bags inside also have a set number (62728) looks like a 5 digit LEGO # to me

then note the wording on the “thank you” card, in the first sentence is the word “piloting” which suggests this maybe more than a one off project ...

All in all I would say these are excellent value for money

• Like 1

For those waiting on the Castle - Admin provided the post below. Other than waiting on the instructions, it sounds as if they are otherwise pretty much ready to ship (let's hope).

******** and everybody else waiting for this set - the instructions are due to arrive Tuesday June 4, and Loewenstein Castles will start shipping immediately. The first sealed Loewenstein Castle in Europe will be the one we take over to Portugal on Tuesday for the Paredes de Coura Fan Weekend event. It will be raffled off on Sunday. We will also be bringing an expertly glued Loewenstien, complete with the official expansion. This will be the first time the expansion is displayed in public.