KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

7 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

That was my first thought.

Good news.

Here's what SYW said.

Apparently the $15 back on $35 offer that everyone got last week was supposed to require a coupon, but the system accidentally applied it to a lot of peoples offerbase. When the system realized what happened, it automatically retracted those points from anyone who earned them.

SYW said they had received a ton of calls about that, and to just call them and they MIGHT reinstate the points. (she said it depends on the rep, I personally got my $15 back)

Edited by MinifigW
  • Like 2

Good news.
Here's what SYW said.

Apparently the $15 back on $35 offer that everyone got last week was supposed to require a coupon, but the system accidentally applied it to a lot of peoples offerbase. When the system realized what happened, it automatically retracted those points from anyone who earned them.

SYW said they had received a ton of calls about that, and to just call them and they would reinstate the points.

SYW's system has reached self-awareness? Sounds unlikely ....
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Phil B said:

SYW's system has reached self-awareness? Sounds unlikely ....

The rep said that the sears folks were doing some upgrades to the SYW system to cut down on glitches and frustration with members, apparently the upgrades were so successful they starting retracting points from invalid offers already redeemed. Causing more frustration in the process. The rep was nice (and US based, always a good sign), she recommended anyone else affected to reach out to them.

3 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

Seems strange that they want people to call them to reinstate the points.  Why not just do it.  I wonder if they figured that people wouldn't miss the points or won't bother to call to get them back.  I guess anything to help the balance sheet.

Technically its an invalid offer and we shouldn't have earned those points in the first place. Any restated points is from the member care center on their dollar.

1 minute ago, MinifigW said:

The rep said that the sears folks were doing some upgrades to the SYW system to cut down on glitches and frustration with members, apparently the upgrades were so successful they starting retracting points from invalid offers already redeemed. Causing more frustration in the process. The rep was nice (and US based, always a good sign), she recommended anyone else affected to reach out to them.

So after closing hundreds of stores, is upgrading the SYW system step 2 of their 718 step plan to revive SHLD?  

I wonder where 'let's consider shipping things in boxes' ranks in their plan.  Asking for my crushed 75172 friend who arrived yesterday with nothing but a shipping label on the box.

1 minute ago, carini26 said:

So after closing hundreds of stores, is upgrading the SYW system step 2 of their 718 step plan to revive SHLD?  

I wonder where 'let's consider shipping things in boxes' ranks in their plan.  Asking for my crushed 75172 friend who arrived yesterday with nothing but a shipping label on the box.

I've actually been hearing some very interesting news about SHC, apparently SHC wants a partial mall exit. They are in talks with a British chain called Pimark, here is a quote:

"Fast Eddie is talking to Primark, a British chain, about a deal to mass expand the chain in malls by repurposing hundreds of Sears stores into Primark or a combo Primark on one floor, Sears on the other. Primark gets the kind of reception TJMaxx gets from a lot of people so this could be a very big reveal/deal if he pulls it off. But Sears will likely want a complete mall exit. They really seem interested in their transformation standalone mattress/appliance stores in their future. Apparel is really on the way out, like electronics were in Kmart a few years ago."

This would explain the tiny sears appliance and mattress stores and appliance showrooms that have been popping up near former sears locations (including one 10 minutes from me, 2 minutes from an closed sears full line store).

SHC endgame appears to be drastically reducing the number of full line sears stores in favor of smaller more specialized ones (which they are having success with).

As for Kmart, they appear to want to reduce the locations of both chains to around 1000 total (500 per store). Kmart for instance has between 400-500 profitable locations, meaning we will most likely see about 100 more store closures before they stop (or the chain goes belly up).

Shipping with Kmart can be a gamble. 90% of what I order arrives in a box, 10% in a bag. The bagged items are usually destroyed so I just exchange them at my Kmart when I go to pick up online orders. My only recommendation is to order quantity of whatever you're buying, this will greatly increase your chances of having a box.

13 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

I've actually been hearing some very interesting news about SHC, apparently SHC wants a partial mall exit. They are in talks with a British chain called Pimark, here is a quote:

"Fast Eddie is talking to Primark, a British chain, about a deal to mass expand the chain in malls by repurposing hundreds of Sears stores into Primark or a combo Primark on one floor, Sears on the other. Primark gets the kind of reception TJMaxx gets from a lot of people so this could be a very big reveal/deal if he pulls it off. But Sears will likely want a complete mall exit. They really seem interested in their transformation standalone mattress/appliance stores in their future. Apparel is really on the way out, like electronics were in Kmart a few years ago."

This would explain the tiny sears appliance and mattress stores and appliance showrooms that have been popping up near former sears locations (including one 10 minutes from me, 2 minutes from an closed sears full line store).

SHC endgame appears to be drastically reducing the number of full line sears stores in favor of smaller more specialized ones (which they are having success with).

As for Kmart, they appear to want to reduce the locations of both chains to around 1000 total (500 per store). Kmart for instance has between 400-500 profitable locations, meaning we will most likely see about 100 more store closures before they stop (or the chain goes belly up).

Shipping with Kmart can be a gamble. 90% of what I order arrives in a box, 10% in a bag. The bagged items are usually destroyed so I just exchange them at my Kmart when I go to pick up online orders. My only recommendation is to order quantity of whatever you're buying, this will greatly increase your chances of having a box.

If KMart doesn't soak some $$$ into their stores, their client base will continue to diminish.  There's no way around it.

Called SYW CS. Shawanda was very helpful. She told me the $15 back on $35 were suppose to be coupons?? Anyways I stated more than once it was an OFFER sent to me, that no coupons were required. She gave me some resistance but eventually stated the ole "as a one time courtesy line". Anyways got my points back. Spending them asap!

9 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

If KMart doesn't soak some $$$ into their stores, their client base will continue to diminish.  There's no way around it.

Very true. Sears doesn't give Kmart a lot of money to do so however. We've only seen 6 stores remodeled to their new format this year, but it's better than 0 I guess. If they can pull of this deal with Pimark however that could give them some leeway to improve their remaining store base.