KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

40 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

I'm currently unable to pay with Shop Your Way Points.  Anybody else having trouble?

I'm able to use SYW points on Kmart. No problems.

23 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

I thought that started 7/1

What's this about 7/1?

52 minutes ago, donbee said:

Rumor mill.
July is a very important month.
SYW points and GCs in danger.
But it's a rumor.

Do you have the article to share so I can read and determine for myself ??? on the fence about using my points or not...

I show 0 points now too.

I almost used them all late last night, but I thought I could get at least another 500 points today. Fail...

Correction, when I go to check out I can still redeem my points.

It just doesn't show in the cart summary.

2 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

YMMV but I chatted with a customer service rep to see if they would honor a price on a Lego set that jumped back up to retail price and they were still able to honor the previous discounted price for me.  Worth a shot if you wanna use up all your points ASAP

Not a bad idea....I was just hoping they were doing a reset and were going to adjust all the prices down from retail price soon.

1 hour ago, donbee said:

Rumor mill.
July is a very important month.
SYW points and GCs in danger.
But it's a rumor.

While I would put absolutely nothing past Kmart / Sears, it seems like a great way to really anger whats left of your customer base by offering $15 back in points through the end of June only to say those points are void without warning July 1. If they void my points I'll never have a reason to step foot into Kmart again. Unless its game over for Kmart / Sears in July and it doesn't matter anyway. I'll also be using a fair number of my points up today and tomorrow just in case. 

Maybe someone brought this up last week, but my last two orders have confirmed it for me.
I had a notice that $1.45 in points would expire on June 30th. On the 26th I used about half my points. Still had the notice. Odd, but ok.
Today I tried to use all of my points. Some how I still have $0.01 left.
I just got a notice that I have $0.01 points expiring in the 30th still.

Didn't they use to apply the oldest points first?

Anyways. I gotta find something to spend that penny on!

I read this in an article from Rich Duprey. Here is a paragragh from his findings.

There's speculation Lampert is doing some clock-watching. Apparently, there's a two-year look-back period following a transaction that bankruptcy courts can use to determine whether a company was bankrupt at the time of conveyance, or became so as a result of the deal, in which case they can unwind the transaction. Lampert sold hundreds of stores to the real estate investment trust Seritage Growth Properties (NYSE:SRG) in 2015; that window closes on July 8, and some analysts suspect he's been keeping Sears limping along to make it over that finish line, as he has just enough cash on hand to make it.

50 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

YMMV but I chatted with a customer service rep to see if they would honor a price on a Lego set that jumped back up to retail price and they were still able to honor the previous discounted price for me.  Worth a shot if you wanna use up all your points ASAP

Can I ask which set they gave you at the sale price and how much ?? .....always seeking a deal =) Thank you

11 minutes ago, Fleck said:

Can I ask which set they gave you at the sale price and how much ?? .....always seeking a deal =) Thank you

The Lego Batman Movie Batcave - It was $69.99 at one point so I asked if they would honor that price - they said yes.  Ended up using about $50 in SYW points to get it down to $20 plus tax.  Not a big fan of the Batcave set but I love the minifigs

• Like 1

"A Temporary Error Occured" - Trying to log into SYW. It appears my points are magically expiring on July 4th when i have a receipt that says they are good until the end of the year. Great job guys. Class act.

Switch browsers. I was getting the same error in Firefox. Switched over to Chrome and it worked.

2 hours ago, legorunner said:

While I would put absolutely nothing past Kmart / Sears, it seems like a great way to really anger whats left of your customer base by offering $15 back in points through the end of June only to say those points are void without warning July 1. If they void my points I'll never have a reason to step foot into Kmart again. Unless its game over for Kmart / Sears in July and it doesn't matter anyway. I'll also be using a fair number of my points up today and tomorrow just in case. 

I have $60 in points that I have been waiting for the right set to use them on.  This better not be true.