KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

Speaking of gift cards, I had to use KMart chat to get the $5 back on $25 toy purchase to work. The website seems to treat them like coupons/vouchers rather than cash.

Got 2 more cargo planes, which I think should push me to Silver. 

I went into my local closing Kmart today just to say goodbye (it's been wrapping up for over a month now, I think it's shutting down for good pretty soon) and was surprised to find they had put out more Lego.

They went to 40% off on toys about two weeks ago, and pretty much everything except some of the small Friends and Disney Princess boxes disappeared within a couple of days, so I was shocked to see a bunch of Ninjago, Chima, City, and a smattering of Super Heroes on the shelves. I snagged a couple of Airjitzu Jays and a Scooby Doo Mummy Mystery set with points, then back at home I loaded up some coupons, printed out my remaining Kmart gift card and went back to see what else I could grab.

It's been hit or miss with coupons applying at this closing store. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Luck was on my side today, as I got this Darkseid Invasion set for $36.99 (it took off the $5/$20 toys) and then it hit me with the $5 back in points on $25. I guess the points rolling train will continue for me a few days longer at least.

darkseid.png

• Like 4

Time To Win was a DB just now, but I couldn't get the DB label to go away (and hence didn't get credited with points). Used both my FB and Twitter links and still nothing. Now Time To Win has disappeared from my feed (likely because I used all my entries). Maybe someone else has more luck ....

• Like 1

Time To Win was a DB just now, but I couldn't get the DB label to go away (and hence didn't get credited with points). Used both my FB and Twitter links and still nothing. Now Time To Win has disappeared from my feed (likely because I used all my entries). Maybe someone else has more luck ....

Anyone have a code?

24 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Yup. The sweep wouldn't give me an entry with Twitter on desktop, had to use the mobile app. Got the entry to load but the label isn't going away. 

Just now, Martae54 said:

Anyone have a code?

OUTTATIME

• Like 3

Time To Win is showing DB again.  I used the code above and got one more entry but DB banner still shows and I used up all my entries last week I think when this was a DB.  Sometimes takes 2-3 tries to get DB t o disappear for me.

Now gone for me.

Edited by psusyntar

Not LEGO related, but do check your Surprise points regularly for crazy promos coming from Sears/KMart. I just bought 4 beach towels at Sears for $6 total after $5 on $5 and $6 on $6 Surprise Point offers for Sears Home. Paid the $6 with my Sweeps winnings.

• Like 3

Two things:

I believe it's 50% back on smart sense (at least online it was yesterday).  In store, the range was 25% to 100% back on smart sense.  (100% was for trash bags and select storage bags.)

I purchased more than the $10 threshold for receiving smart sense bonus points.  But nothing came through.  My total purchase was $56.  I purchased one measly $3 clearance item which negated using $5 off $50 coupon.  I've never had a clearance item wreak havoc across the board.  I imagine I just need to reach out to SYW.  Is there a rule of thumb on clearance - check out separately?

As FYI - my store did have the low online prices on the Elves dragon and a few Friends sets.

12 minutes ago, trstnkn said:

Two things:

I believe it's 50% back on smart sense (at least online it was yesterday).  In store, the range was 25% to 100% back on smart sense.  (100% was for trash bags and select storage bags.)

I purchased more than the $10 threshold for receiving smart sense bonus points.  But nothing came through.  My total purchase was $56.  I purchased one measly $3 clearance item which negated using $5 off $50 coupon.  I've never had a clearance item wreak havoc across the board.  I imagine I just need to reach out to SYW.  Is there a rule of thumb on clearance - check out separately?

As FYI - my store did have the low online prices on the Elves dragon and a few Friends sets.

Bonus points, like the ones from Smart Sense, tend to take 24 hours to show up. That should be on the receipt. You should be able to see them as pending if you go to your Shop Your Way point history.

I've had coupons work on clearance but I assume it's a YMMV. My experience with SYW and KMart support recently is that while in the past they've applied coupons retroactively to in-store orders, that doesn't work anymore even if you call the national store hotline. You'll need to get it taken care of in-store.

2 hours ago, mizeur said:

Bonus points, like the ones from Smart Sense, tend to take 24 hours to show up. That should be on the receipt. You should be able to see them as pending if you go to your Shop Your Way point history.

I've had coupons work on clearance but I assume it's a YMMV. My experience with SYW and KMart support recently is that while in the past they've applied coupons retroactively to in-store orders, that doesn't work anymore even if you call the national store hotline. You'll need to get it taken care of in-store.

None of the bonus points showed up on the receipt or my online history.  

Not as worried about the coupon working.  Just was puzzled why none of the smart sense bonus points registered.  My theory was the one clearance item negating them but honestly it could be anything.

I'll send them an e-mail.

None of the bonus points showed up on the receipt or my online history.  
Not as worried about the coupon working.  Just was puzzled why none of the smart sense bonus points registered.  My theory was the one clearance item negating them but honestly it could be anything.
I'll send them an e-mail.

I don't know what's in store, their signs are often off, but online the 50% ended a while ago. It was 0% for several days, possibly all weekend, and then 25% just started again yesterday.

Rumored Kmart / Sears store closures for the rest of this year.

• Dothan, AL, Store 3082, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Muscle Shoals, AL, Store 7045, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Little Rock, AR, Store 3120, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Bullhead City (Riviera), AZ, Store 3375, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Chico, CA, Store 2048, Closure date September 2017 - Sears Full-Line
  • Blythe, CA, Store 3881, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Sacramento, CA, Store 4117, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Manteca, CA, Store 4862, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Dalton, ***, Store 2615, Closure date September 2017 - Sears Full-Line
  • Fort Oglethorpe, ***, Store 3083, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Calhoun, ***, Store 9625, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Iowa City, IA, Store 4315, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Marshalltown, IA, Store 7583, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Mishawaka, IN, Store 4152, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Newburyport, MA, Store 9147, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Elkton, MD, Store 9524, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Traverse City, MI, Store 3009, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • West Branch, MI, Store 3864, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Cheboygan, MI, Store 9245, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Biloxi, MS, Store 2256, Closure date September 2017 - Sears Full-Line
  • Asheboro, NC, Store 2645, Closure date September 2017 - Sears Full-Line
  • Minot, ND, Store 2152, Closure date September 2017 - Sears Full-Line
  • Vineland, NJ, Store 2374, Closure date September 2017 - Sears Full-Line
  • Mantua, NJ, Store 3060, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Manahawkin, NJ, Store 3641, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Las Cruces, NM, Store 3682, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Alamogordo, NM, Store 9119, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Las Vegas, NV, Store 3680, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Henderson, NV, Store 3857, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Sparks, NV, Store 4151, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Liverpool, NY, Store 3352, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Malone, NY, Store 3943, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Cortland, NY, Store 7134, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Watertown, NY, Store 7432, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Columbus, OH, Store 1150, Closure date September 2017 - Sears Full-Line
  • Elyria, OH, Store 1310, Closure date September 2017 - Sears Full-Line
  • Columbus, OH, Store 1370, Closure date September 2017 - Sears Full-Line
  • Franklin, OH, Store 2940, Closure date September 2017 - Sears Full-Line
  • Elyria, OH, Store 6060, Closure date July 2017 - Auto Center
  • Wooster, OH, Store 4875, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Streetsboro, OH, Store 9676, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Midwest City, OK, Store 1261, Closure date September 2017 - Sears Full-Line
  • Midwest City, OK, Store 6509, Closure date July 2017 - Auto Center
  • Tulsa, OK, Store 4473, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Roseburg, OR, Store 7580, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Butler, PA, Store 4771, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Belle Vernon, PA, Store 7120, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Indiana, PA, Store 7217, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Columbia, SC, Store 1525, Closure date September 2017 - Sears Full-Line
  • Columbia, SC, Store 6013, Closure date July 2017 - Auto Center
  • Summerville, SC, Store 3606, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Seneca, SC, Store 9320, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Madison, TN, Store 4093, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Johnson City, TN, Store 7353, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Texarkana, TX, Store 2567, Closure date September 2017 - Sears Full-Line
  • Sherman, TX, Store 2627, Closure date September 2017 - Sears Full-Line
  • Texarkana, TX, Store 6739, Closure date July 2017 - Auto Center
  • Sherman, TX, Store 6929, Closure date July 2017 - Auto Center
  • El Paso, TX, Store 3491, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • El Paso, TX, Store 7347, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • St. George, UT, Store 2220, Closure date September 2017 - Sears Full-Line
  • St. George, UT, Store 2653, Closure date July 2017 - Auto Center
  • Spanish Fork, UT, Store 7425, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Richmond, VA, Store 1445, Closure date September 2017 - Sears Full-Line
  • Richmond, VA, Store 7505, Closure date July 2017 - Auto Center
  • Virginia Beach, VA, Store 3560, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Virginia Beach, VA, Store 3801, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • West Allis, WI, Store 3618, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • La Crosse, WI, Store 4089, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Medford, WI, Store 7656, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Lewisburg, WV, Store 7582, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart
  • Sheridan, WY, Store 9074, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart

Brings Kmart count down to high 500s, Sears down to low 600s.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, donbee said:

I don't know what's in store, their signs are often off, but online the 50% ended a while ago. It was 0% for several days, possibly all weekend, and then 25% just started again yesterday.

YMMV but I placed an online order on June 4 with 50% back on all Smart Sense.  Picked it up in store and received the points.

10 hours ago, MinifigW said:

• Newburyport, MA, Store 9147, Closure date September 2017 - Kmart

This one surprises me.  its the only department store in the area, and its a very affluent area.  closest target is 20min and Walmart is 12min (which around here is a lot).  Only reason to close this store rather than invest is to raise immediate cash (Sears owns the building), with little regard for the future. At least a future where Kmart is a large nation wide retailer.

1 hour ago, jay4e said:

This one surprises me.  its the only department store in the area, and its a very affluent area.  closest target is 20min and Walmart is 12min (which around here is a lot).  Only reason to close this store rather than invest is to raise immediate cash (Sears owns the building), with little regard for the future. At least a future where Kmart is a large nation wide retailer.

They probably got an offer from another retailer and will rent out the space to them. SHC has done this a few times with slightly profitable stores in the past. I guess it raises more money for them in the present, which is where they desperately need it.

A bunch of summer SW sets have popped up at KMart, including Rahthar escape, Arrowhead, Tracker I and Scout&Speeder Bike. Didn't check all of them but at least the Scout is a Hot Buy right off the bat.

Also see TLBM Batwing show up.

EDIT: Add Darth Vader Transformation to the list as well, and the classic stormtrooper buildable (with the yellow shoulder pad).

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 2