KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

52 minutes ago, mizeur said:

So I wasn't hallucinating. It is $23.99 now. Just in store, not online.

Sometimes I've noticed when they start an in- store promo the online price reflects it at first, then they change it back. Would explain how you and Phil saw both the Dragon and Supermarket online for the same price as it is in store. 

EDIT: Phil ninja'd my explanation :P 

Edited by MinifigW
  • Like 1

Remember to check the store receipt emails. They slipped a 20% off $30 toy purchase coupon into mine today. Will pair up nicely with 15% off inventory blowout discount and a $s off coupon on some retired sets they have lingering. 

13 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I'm going to have to check my local Kmart to see if that's on sale.

No signs up in my Kmart but all of those sets scanned with the discount so it must be chain wide. Only % off coupons stuck, none of my plethora of $ off purchase coupons worked automatically, and my cashier made it abundantly clear that she was not interested in pursuing it any further. Nevertheless, by using points and two 5% off coupons I still paid about $58 for $160 worth of sets with $25 and change back in points. Big thanks to @exciter1 for the original post. I don't always get excited about Friends and Elves sets, but with that kind of savings its hard to pass up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

Using gift cards is now disabling my coupons with points back.  Anyone else having this problem again?  Last time it resolved itself on its own but I seem to be stuck with this issue for at least a week now.  Gift cards are burning a hole in my pocket...

It's happened to me once. I found the best work around is to place the order using the Kmart chat. You can give them the coupons and everything. It worked last time when I had problems.

It seems some GCs cause the problem while others don't. I don't know why.

• Like 1

KMart decided to stick the packing slips right to the boxes of my last order. Not happy, especially since the last one tore a nice strip of print right off the box (and yes, my fault for being too lazy to get the heat gun out - but it worked ok on all the other boxes so I had stats on my side ... )

Also observed Sears personnel is still using Palm Pilots from 20 years ago to scan packages. Talked with one of the guys who said they were awesome, and that some branches tried Apple products and they were horrible, kept failing all the time. He seemed to know his stuff as he talked about how he had hoped HP kept PalmOS alive when they bought Palm years ago ....

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

KMart decided to stick the packing slips right to the boxes of my last order. Not happy, especially since the last one tore a nice strip of print right off the box (and yes, my fault for being too lazy to get the heat gun out - but it worked ok on all the other boxes so I had stats on my side ... )

Also observed Sears personnel is still using Palm Pilots from 20 years ago to scan packages. Talked with one of the guys who said they were awesome, and that some branches tried Apple products and they were horrible, kept failing all the time. He seemed to know his stuff as he talked about how he had hoped HP kept PalmOS alive when they bought Palm years ago ....

Mine does that as well if it's a single set in the order. The blow dryer trick works well on them as you said.

in good news for Kmart, a few more stores are getting the "blue" remodel as seen in the two stores in NYC. We could actually be seeing them putting some money into their stores again (first time since 2002)

I'm starting to suspect that if liquidation isn't Kmarts endgame that they might become a regional chain clustered in areas were they still have profitable stores and loyal customers. It seems from the closure lists they are really starting to pull out of some areas / states where they have too much competition from Target, Walmart, and Meijer. That could honestly be the best option for them to survive. Hopefully someone at SHC takes full advantage of that.

• Like 2

When does KMart typically start listing newly released LEGO? Anyone recall?

I'm hoping the sets get added over the weekend - I've got some points set aside for 31070 Fast Track Racer :)

In other news, both my KMart accounts are now blocked from using coupon codes to add coupons (can still apply pre-loaded coupons). Called KMart about it yesterday and they said I can just order via them, and that their system doesn't show a coupon block. That's going to be a fun conversation, because last time I checked KMart personnel cannot process ship-to-Sears-store orders. Luckily Sears.com has no issues with my coupon codes, but I'm back to clipping coupons instead of just writing down the codes.

Also, my coupon streak seems to be coming to an end - haven't seen a 15% off or a $5 off $20 come by in a week. Mobile $5 off $35 and $7 off $50 are my only "good" coupons.

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

I'm hoping the sets get added over the weekend - I've got some points set aside for 31070 Fast Track Racer :)

In other news, both my KMart accounts are now blocked from using coupon codes to add coupons (can still apply pre-loaded coupons). Called KMart about it yesterday and they said I can just order via them, and that their system doesn't show a coupon block. That's going to be a fun conversation, because last time I checked KMart personnel cannot process ship-to-Sears-store orders. Luckily Sears.com has no issues with my coupon codes, but I'm back to clipping coupons instead of just writing down the codes.

Also, my coupon streak seems to be coming to an end - haven't seen a 15% off or a $5 off $20 come by in a week. Mobile $5 off $35 and $7 off $50 are my only "good" coupons.

No real rhyme or reason to it.  Sometimes they are early, sometimes new stuff is a week or two late.

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

Just noticed Ultimate Batmobile and QuadJumper are on there already.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phil B said:

Quad is a HB, Ultimate isn't :)

They will probably trickle in over the next week or so. I've noticed Kmart stores get things about a week or two earlier than .com, so it may be worth a check.

11 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

That idea makes sense, but also scares me for SoCal. When I've got 30 different stores to buy LEGO at in a 30 minute radius, and only one of those is Kmart....doesn't seem like they might be long for living.

If you're in the San Diego area they just might honestly. Luckily the south OC area (LA especially) has a large group of profitable stores, so I suspect they will hold on there.

20 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

They will probably trickle in over the next week or so. I've noticed Kmart stores get things about a week or two earlier than .com, so it may be worth a check.

If you're in the San Diego area they just might honestly. Luckily the south OC area (LA especially) has a large group of profitable stores, so I suspect they will hold on there.

There's the store in Temecula, one in Ramona and one in San Diego.  If I had to guess, only the Ramona one will remain.  There's no other store like it up in Ramona.  Kmart is just one of many many Targets, Walmarts, etc in the Temecula and San Diego areas.

What's funny is my closest Kmart closed a couple years back (2014).  And finally, this summer, another store is moving into it's former location - Target.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Phil B said:

To unblock.  Try making  a $1 order.   (secret).....

• Like 1