KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

A bunch of summer SW sets have popped up at KMart, including Rahthar escape, Arrowhead, Tracker I and Scout&Speeder Bike. Didn't check all of them but at least the Scout is a Hot Buy right off the bat.

Also see TLBM Batwing show up.

EDIT: Add Darth Vader Transformation to the list as well, and the classic stormtrooper buildable (with the yellow shoulder pad).

Still waiting for the Republic Fighter tank ;)

EDIT: THEY HAVE IT!

Edited by MinifigW
  • Like 1

Looks like everything is a hot buy on my end other than three sets: Rathtar Escape, The Batwing & Two-Face Double Demolition.
And every set is full price, if you dont include the sets that are 0.01 off.

Free or not, I'm holding off for the hot buy tags to be removed and/or discounts to be applied. I can wait.)

NON-LEGO (RESTAURANT)... a decent deal if you eat out.  Yard House, here we come:)

KMart has $25 restaurant GCs... buy a $25 card and get a $5 Kmart merch card + $2 points (28% back in GC & points).  And if this still works like the B&N GC deal a few months ago, you can use a Kmart GC.  At 5.5% on Raise that's ~32%.  You have to run each card as a different transaction, very likely no limit.  In-store only.

Offer valid in participating stores only. Limit one (1) Award Card per transaction.   

*Offer valid in participating stores only 6/11 – 6/17/2017.  Purchase requirement must be made in a single transaction.  Offer available on the purchase of $25 or more of any Applebee’s® Grill & Bar, Brinker®, Buffalo Wild Wings®, Burger King®, California Pizza Kitchen, Carrabba’s, Chili’s®, Cold Stone Creamery®, Cracker Barrel Old Country Store®, Dairy Queen, Darden® Restaurants,  Denny’s, Domino’s®, IHOP®, Little Caesar’s®, Olive Garden®, Outback Steakhouse®, Panera Bread®, Papa John’s Pizza®, P.F. Chang’s China Bistro®,  Red Lobster®, Red Robin®, Ruby Tuesday’s, Starbucks®, SUBWAY®, TGI Fridays™, The Cheesecake Factory or Wendy’s gift cards. While award card quantities last.  Award cards valid on future purchases only.  Offer not available on online purchases, or in Puerto Rico, Guam or Virgin Islands.  See gift cards for details, terms and conditions.  All trademarks are property of their respective owners.  Subject to availability.  The gift cards featured are not sponsors of, or otherwise affiliated with this company.

41 minutes ago, psusyntar said:

Wild Wins in the Xtra section has $2.00 wins right now.  It says only for an hour starting at 2 PM but I just did it 2 minutes ago. 

Sneaky. Of course I did all my spins this morning....

Edited by Phil B

15 minutes ago, mizeur said:

They're separate 1-hour sweeps in addition to the WWW.

So I missed the 2pm $2 one, but got the 3PM $1 (Unless "No Win" means I'm not getting the $1). Of course they do this now that I have a nice automated Doorbuster-checking script up and running for the last few weeks..... They are really trying to mess with me.

Edited by Phil B

16 minutes ago, Phil B said:

So I missed the 2pm $2 one, but got the 3PM $1 (Unless "No Win" means I'm not getting the $1). Of course they do this now that I have a nice automated Doorbuster-checking script up and running for the last few weeks..... They are really trying to mess with me.

They're bonus sweeps like in Win It not doorbusters so no win, no points.

47 minutes ago, mizeur said:

They're bonus sweeps like in Win It not doorbusters so no win, no points.

Seriously DO NOT LIKE this. Now we're subjected to their pseudo-random "did you win it?" logic, versus just being there at the right time like with normal DBs. There've been a few other changes over the last few weeks that are making me suspect that someone has told them to stem the bleeding on the points front. Plus, they've fired the SYW VP. I guess it was fun while it lasted, but the time of crazy bonuses is over.

10 minutes ago, tdw said:

DOORBUSTER

shopyourway.com/app/2/l/instantwin/5-win-1000-instant-win-game/43875

Holy Cow !!!!!  I just received $ 5.00 on that Door-buster !! Never received that much from a door-buster before !! Thank you for the post !!

Picked up some Fire Dragon Lava Cave and found that "Members get $10 in points when you spend $50 or more on qualifying items" had applied.  Surprised because I didn't see any signs for it in store.  

Question, does this only apply when I make a purchase in-store?  I have another transaction at a different store where i choose to pre-pay and chose pickup, but no bonus points for those.  I chose to pay online for this order since I had some points to redeem and in-store reps are very hit or miss on what/how they apply the points...

37 minutes ago, ichiroll said:

Picked up some Fire Dragon Lava Cave and found that "Members get $10 in points when you spend $50 or more on qualifying items" had applied.  Surprised because I didn't see any signs for it in store.  

Question, does this only apply when I make a purchase in-store?  I have another transaction at a different store where i choose to pre-pay and chose pickup, but no bonus points for those.  I chose to pay online for this order since I had some points to redeem and in-store reps are very hit or miss on what/how they apply the points...

That is an in store only promo so yes.

Kmart closing - Day 1:

I see a few differences from the last closing 3-4 months ago:

- 25% on toys on day 1

- no paper/mobile coupons are being accepted and all clerks were adamant about this.

- I loaded a mobile coupon to my account and it did not apply

- deals like $5 in points on a $25 or $40 purchase don't apply

- GCs and merch cards do work

- signage everywhere says No coupons No way... I hope this is because so many BP'ers took advantage of some good deals last round:)

- all cashiers were taking the coupons and throwing them away as they printed, as if they'd been told to do so.  I asked to see mine and said maybe I could use it at another store.  He handed me mine ($10 in points on a $50 online purchase), and another one ($10 in points on a $30 online purchase).  If all of the coupons are for decent $$$ back for online purchases make sure to grab them.

result - I made one test purchase of a Fire Dragon and smalls, and then one 76027 Black Manta Deep Sea Strike for $29.99 in points.  

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, legorunner said:

$2 bonus spins on the win it app. Ymmv of course

Grrr ... not showing for me. So that makes it $2 + $1 + $2 missed yesterday, and $5 + $2 missed today. How am I going to keep getting my FreeLEGO?

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 1