LEGO Dimensions

Sauromosis

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute no on this, for now. If you thought Lego sets were mass produced, this is even more so. The thing is, nothing will be short supplied because you need the actual baseplates to unlock game content and levels. I don't think lego is stupid enough to pay programmers millions of dollars to create content and have that be impossible to access. I'm sure they have all of the licenses figured out in the long term as well.  

Some day, I can see some of the unique figures being desirable to collectors (Dr. Who, Chell from Portal), but we still have a looong time before they stop flooding the shelves with these. 

36 minutes ago, Elkkthunder said:

What is dpci for these

002-02-0578 for Sterilite utility tub (2nd pic) or if you want to spend $40 on the genuine article, this site ships worldwide

http://www.fishpond.com/Toys/LEGO-Dimensions-Gaming-Capsule-LEGO/9999506706581?utm_source=googleps&utm_medium=ps&utm_campaign=US&gclid=CNruvpL8yskCFVcTHwodE8QBBQ

Edited by Poly 30286

• 3 weeks later...
Just wondering, are the minfigures in these game packs just like regular minifigs from Lego building sets?

In the sense that they are constructed the same, yes.

Some of them are unique to Dimensions, though. The 12th Doctor is different than what's included in the Ideas set. And the Peter in the Ghostbusters set will not be slimed and will have arm printing of the GB logo. In the Ideas set there was no arm printing and in the GBFH set there will be, but Peter is slimed.

There may be a couple of others that are different (different hair on Doc Brown?) but there aren't many.

• Like 1

On October 2, 2015 at 1:27 PM, Achilles said:

This question will probably answer itself once I actually open the game and check it out, but what is the mechanism that prevents me from say buying one Level Pack and just plugging that character in to someone else's game portal? Won't they have it unlocked at that point? Or do you need the char every time you want to go in?

wicked witch of the west is an exclusive fig, and I would guess it wil not be made again.  Other than that the rest have been released, although some are officially retired: Bane, Superman, and LOTR will likely not come back.

If anyone is dropping an XBone under their tree this year, you may want to open it and get it updated prior to your kids opening it.  Updating the one we got and the first update is ~1.2 GB.  Not sure if there are any other updates, but I decided I didn't want to be doing this on Christmas morning along with everyone else that got a new Xbox.

• Like 1

If anyone is dropping an XBone under their tree this year, you may want to open it and get it updated prior to your kids opening it.  Updating the one we got and the first update is ~1.2 GB.  Not sure if there are any other updates, but I decided I didn't want to be doing this on Christmas morning along with everyone else that got a new Xbox.

LOL @ XBone...

• Like 1

Pre-load any games they may want to not wait 15+ minutes for a HUGE download for also. The disk is basically just an access pass now to download the game. Some of these games are taking up to 50gb on the hard drive.

For my 2 youngest, Dimensions is under the tree as well as the BTTF pack (last one woot).. Not expecting anything but if the mini figures do end up being worth anything, I know the bottom of which toy box to find them in. Cheers all - Happy Holidays...

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

The cruise that keeps on cruising at Amazon.

41015 - Friends: Dolphin Cruiser - $55.24 (21% off)

LEGO Dimensions for WiiU ($41.96) and XBox 360 ($38.69).  My son kind of stopped playing after he figured out they really don't come to life.

Makes me wonder about a $100 item that is now 60% off after just a few months.  Sad.  Great game, though...kids love it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, supergman said:

Makes me wonder about a $100 item that is now 60% off after just a few months.  Sad.  Great game, though...kids love it.

Yeah, that is nuts. We only have an Xbox 360, glad I waited I guess. Do you have to buy level packs to activate the individual figure packs? 

I don't know if it has any connection to poor sales or not, but many video games get discounted substantially after the first month or two.  The Skylanders and Infinity starter packs can be had for steep discounts once they've been out for a little while.  I think they want to encourage more people to jump on board so they can boost sales of the expansion packs.

I don't know if it has any connection to poor sales or not, but many video games get discounted substantially after the first month or two.  The Skylanders and Infinity starter packs can be had for steep discounts once they've been out for a little while.  I think they want to encourage more people to jump on board so they can boost sales of the expansion packs.

I was just about to post this. I learned my lesson after the first Skylanders game to wait a few months and get it for at least half off. Plus the figures also start to really go on sale, as we have seen recently.

2 hours ago, supergman said:

I doubt it has sold well.  $100 is a rediculous retail price. Nobody wants to build a portal. And I know I'm not the only one who is sick of the " toys to life, pay to play " approach to gaming nowadays.  

6 minutes ago, Mathew said:

I doubt it has sold well.  $100 is a rediculous retail price. Nobody wants to build a portal. And I know I'm not the only one who is sick of the " toys to life, pay to play " approach to gaming nowadays.  

I had to build the portal for my son.  That's one of the first things he said, "I don't want to build the portal".

6 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I had to build the portal for my son.  That's one of the first things he said, "I don't want to build the portal".

Yep. They could have shaved off $25 by just having a cheap portal like Disney Infinity. The portal concept was interesting five years ago. Now it's just another thing you have to plug-in that gets in the way.  I'm hoping it's fad that will end soon.