LEGO Dimensions

Sauromosis

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Dimensions is the harbinger of the end of Toys to Life fad.  I don't see how these can continue to be successful. The market is flooded with Skylanders and Disney Infinity.  Imagine what a glut there would be of these figures if Nintendo could get out of there own way.

The two things Dimensions does have going for it is a wide range of licenses and the Lego name.  Maybe it does well enough to kill off Skylanders or Amiibos?  Still seeing Disney as the big dog here as they have the Marvel and Star Wars figures, which seem doubtful for Dimensions...

Of course I can be totally wrong.

Edited by Brickerbrack

to be fair, they never know what anyone is talking about.  At the one by me I've seen lego boxes smashed like pancakes they just stacked on the shelves.  Along with ones that are wide open and ones with big holes in them.  Most the time the shelves are 3/4 empty anyways.  But on topic, mine actually had everything setup for dimensions yesterday.

I saw tons of these at Targets. I am going to wait for discounts/clearance before buying

Crossing my fingers too for future discounts on these as the handful of unique figures are nice but I fear a couple such as the Portal pack may not see a sale or sell out the second it does. The microchip stands stick out more well as look great for display over the standard minifigure baseplate you get with each Minifigures packet and you do get some pieces (a few possibly exclusive I imagine) to create something but even so any one of these packs is pretty pricy all the same. I don't expect 'dirt cheap'; just 'more reasonable for my wallet'.

$100 is insanely expensive and only suckers will pay that much up front.  The buildable portal was a dumb idea and only adds to the cost.  Dimensions will be $50 this holiday shopping season.  I honestly don't see it being a big hit compared to Disney Infinity or even Skylanders (which has seen it's day).  

The thing that really irks me about Dimensions is that it doesn't need to exist.  There was nothing wrong with the Lego game formula of being able to un-lock characters in game.  

I'm done with these "characters to life" games.  Skylanders was fun for a couple of games.  But Disney Infinity and now Dimensions take it way too far and make gaming un-necessarily expensive for the average consumer.

Forgive me if this has been covered recently/elsewhere - I haven't been on much -

But I am planning on picking up Dimensions at TRU tomorrow.

Will the 20% off coupon and $5 off $25 work, as well as TRUT? And will this be LEGO eligible for the Bricktober set?

And if not - Anyone have the best/cheapest formula to pick this up? Thanks :)

Forgive me if this has been covered recently/elsewhere - I haven't been on much -

But I am planning on picking up Dimensions at TRU tomorrow.

Will the 20% off coupon and $5 off $25 work, as well as TRUT? And will this be LEGO eligible for the Bricktober set?

And if not - Anyone have the best/cheapest formula to pick this up? Thanks :)

Just TRUTH 10% plus a discount gift card. Does not qualify for Bricktober, but does qualify for the $10 gift card bonus.

• Like 1

The one thing you can count on (as with all video games) are massive discounting in the future as the game gets older. Every Infinity and Skylanders starter packs have been drastically discounted after 6 months to a year. Recently the 2.0 Infinity starter packs which have been around for 1 year were discounted from $60 to $15. Same with pretty much any starter pack from Skylanders. This will be sub $50 easy next year. The less popular expansions could also see a discount.

For any Canadians out there Costco is carrying LEGO Dimensions. The main pack is the same price but all the figure packs are 13.99 instead of 14.99. Not a big deal unless you're looking to buy for personal collection. They had Emmet, Bad Cop, Wonder Woman, Fire Cragger, Eris, Nya, Cyborg, Portal 2, and I think Gimli. I might have missed one or two.. It's neat looking but $15 for a minifig and a few bricks is pretty expensive for just collecting.

I keep seeing pictures of full aisles of Dimensions. I don't think that bodes well. Xmas could change things but I'm very skeptical. I'm feeling 50% off by January 1st.

I'm honestly wondering if producing these Dimensions packs hasn't been one of the causes of so many sets being OOS lately? There are stacks and stacks of them available it seems and at more retailers than just LEGO retailers.

Just bought the Starter Pack, BTF level pack, and Wonder Woman Fun Pack (which now sounds slightly strange) for the kiddos last night after 2x VIP started.  The game itself seems to be getting some good press - apparently, the game utilizes the pad and figures for more than just activating a character in the game.  As I read, the location you place these figs on the pad (there are three sections), and the timing of placement become part of the gameplay puzzles.  Every review I read of this game also said Dimensions was the best/most enjoyable of all Lego games with its mashup story lines and humor typical of the Lego/Tt games.

So, I bit the bullet - with 2x VIP, I get 10% back to spend on Lego for me.  Sounds like a win-win...

• Like 1