LEGO Dimensions

Sauromosis

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will tell you a secret. You can keep the bricks in the bag and just use the plate with the chip. 

​Could have potential for semi-part out.  pull out the chips and sell them in packs to people who just want to play the game.  then sell all the models and minifigs.

Edited by jay4e
  • Like 1

I will tell you a secret. You can keep the bricks in the bag and just use the plate with the chip. 

​Sure, this was pretty much a given for the minifigs, but I was wondering if the buildable models would be different.  I didn't know if they were going to try and do something similar to the app bricks where different configurations of a few key bricks led to a different model being represented on screen.

So after reading this article, it looks like you don't actually have to build the different models, and doing so without going through the in-game process of changing the model, will not change it on screen.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-02-lego-dimensions

​Hmm, so there are only 3 variation per brick build vehicle, which makes sense as far as how the base / chip interact with the game.  I was imagining infinite possibilities :P

• 2 weeks later...

new portal dimensions trailer

https://youtu.be/W8X-vLGUPjc

this looks interesting, no idea what is going on there but its interesting....

Wow so there are different abilities associated with how the pieces are placed on the portal ?  Now that is new.  On the other portal based games, the figures are placed on the portal and you basically forget about them as you use the characters to play the game.  

This is going to be an expensive fall :D  

• Like 1

Wouldn't that be a direct competitor to Infinity?

Yes that's why I said: great idea that partly founders on the greed of big companies.

From a financial point of view (from Disney) I totally can understand why they wouldn't want that... but that doesn't change the fact that it dashes the idea behind LEGO dimensions (a little bit).

Let's be honest: Dimensions is about playing it with whatever LEGO Character you love! And one of the most popular (if not THE most popular) themes is LEGO Star Wars. Of course I'd love to run through dimensions with Darth Vader or Yoda etc. My own interest in LEGO has been rekindled because of the LEGO Star Wars theme.

Also it is arguable how much it really would hurt Disney Infinity, as these are two different worlds and two different games.

I mean if I want to play LEGO characters I go for LEGO dimensions and if I want to play these 3D characters I play Disney infinity.

Personally I don't think it would probably not hurt Disney that much.

• 3 weeks later...

There are hundreds of thousands of parents that need to buy this.  They just don’t know it yet. 

Video game figs for each doctor and 71238-1: Fun Pack: Cyberman. Oh my..  

dr.png

Please excuse the Doctor Who fanboy moment I'm about to have. OMGOMGOMOGMGOMGIMGIMGKMGIMGKGMGKMGGOMGMGO GKMGGG GOG OMG I will need a couple of hundred of these.

Photos from the Dimensions demo area.

It was a small hotel ballroom.  They had about 10 stations set up where you play different levels.  There was someone working each station to help you figure things out.

They had most of the add-on packs on display (didn't see Joker or Harley).  They had an area set up where you could pre-order the game, and if you did, you got a free t-shirt (which was pretty cool, and very hard to resist).  There was a small coffee/soda bar.  They had the different commercials/shorts running on a big screen up front.  And then they had these different "bubbles" set up with physical models of the different realms from the game.

Most notably, to me, were a Hill Valley set up, with a Chima warrior driving the Mystery Machine through the thunder storm and crossing the lighting line to get back to the future.  The Yellow Brick Road with Oz, and, biggest of all to me, was the Kwik-E-Mart, with a minifigure scale Tardis in front!

Enjoy the pics.

• Like 3