LEGO Dimensions

Sauromosis

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The success will depend on the gameplay. And AFOL crowd? I have to laugh. This is a kids playground. Also in my opinion the DLC pricing is off, even if it includes some figs, since they can't be that good. They have to at least contain some structures for that price. And there is still the high entry cost.

I have played enough games and know enough about the industry to state that gameplay quality in these types of games is really hard to nail on while development are very high. This can easily be a huge fail, LEGO Universe reloaded. And yeah, I am pessimistic about it.

No Star Wars or Marvel Heroes love from Lego? :/

No because of Disney. They belong to Infinity. And that's another reason I believe this game will have a hard time.

Edited by jaisonline

in general, i like the idea.

what i don't like is now there is another way to get exclusive (and non-exclusive) minifigs w/o buying sets for (sometimes) cheaper cost. e.***. the BTTF Marty McFly fig.

Great point as these are not Chinesse knockoffs, well not sure where they are made, but they are official Lego. So even if there are minor differences will people care as long as they have one or will the completionists need both.

I can almost guarantee that the minifigs will be kragled to the bases.  They have to store the RFID chips in the bases.  

I can almost guarantee the opposite. ;)

Indeed chips have to be stored in the bases... (if they are too far it won't work) but I don't see "why" you think that a minifig has to be kraggled to the base. The base alone (with nothing on it) can work without anything else but the RFID chip on the bottom. :)

hey pseudoty,  it's been a while. 

at least in my case, i learned w/ investing in superhero sets (stopped doing that last year), 90% of my customer don't even care about minifig diffs.  whenever a new Hulk, Joker, Batman, etc... comes out, they forget about the older ones and only want the new versions.(same for star wars but not as bad as superhero sets)  thus, too many of my 2012 and 2013 superhero investments were a waste (meaning i should have invested elsewhere). 

so i do see the Dimensions stuff hurting regular set and minifig values to some degree due it's impact on the minifig supply / demand value.   oh well, it is what it is.

Great point as these are not Chinesse knockoffs, well not sure where they are made, but they are official Lego. So even if there are minor differences will people care as long as they have one or will the completionists need both.

Based on the piece count, it would seem the portal is a build.

And maybe the figs are stuck together like the keychains if not stuck to their bases... maybe.

Based on the video, the Stargate looking thing is a build.  I am pretty sure the base of that portal is where all of the electronics to connect to the game are located (a la Skylanders and Infinity).

To me the only thing that will make this above Skylanders and Infinity is if the bases are smart enough to know any modifications on the build and reflect them in game.  For example, if I remove the batarangs from the Batmobile, it would show a batarang-less Batmobile in game as well.

From Product Features:

• The Starter Pack Will Last. One LEGO Toy Pad and the videogame found in the initial Starter Pack will offer continued compatibility with future Expansion Packs for years to come. No compatibility chart necessary.

Hmm, that statement can almost justify the $100 price point.  However, how can they guarantee that ?  Even the LDD software is constantly updated as new bricks are introduced

The Lego games (at least the console versions) don't have DLC.  You simply unlock characters in-game.  No additional purchases required.  And I can almost guarantee that the minifigs will be kragled to the bases.  They have to store the RFID chips in the bases.

Based on the piece counts on the boxes for the various packs, I would be inclined to anticipate that nothing is glued together or preassembled.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Movie-Pack-Not-Machine-Specific/dp/B00VMB6014/ref=sr_1_9?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1428599367&sr=1-9&keywords=LEGO+Dimensions

http://www.amazon.com/Back-Future-Level-Pack-Machine-Specific/dp/B00VMB5VB4/ref=sr_1_18?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1428599387&sr=1-18&keywords=LEGO+Dimensions

http://www.amazon.com/Ninjago-Team-Pack-Not-Machine-Specific/dp/B00VMB643I/ref=sr_1_19?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1428599387&sr=1-19&keywords=LEGO+Dimensions

• Like 1

Ok, the character bases seem to be unique to the characters.  The vehicles' bases seem to be similar.. interesting.  

Also, which piece unlocks the new BTTF level ?

Brand power.... and it can be somewhat justified when you consider it is kind of a Lego set bundled with a video game.

The other brands have at least 3 years head start so LEGO better do this right ;)

So the good news is an individual figure is at least 15 bucks, which won't erode the value of existing figure sets.

Marty McFly is 30.

The 'risk' is if it flops, you could maybe buy these at 50% off someday, but even then, it's not going to destroy value of existing sets.

And that's only IF these figures are truly removable. The legs still might be kragled to the figure bases.

Sadly there is not much to build besides the starter pack. Additionally I don't feel these packs give off the collectible feel. Mostly already released figs with a miniscule vehicle build. No more than a polybag. Therefore the gameplay has to be really good to allow this game to gain momentum, since the price of these overpriced polybags has to be justified by the extras they give in the game.

For adult collectors the problem is that I can get a Gimli for