LEGO Dimensions

Sauromosis

I don't want to buy a new console just for this game. And I don't want to buy a game that expensive. And then, LEGO, you try to lure me with something like this. You know exactly how to 'handle me'. I want this. Bad.

http://www.lego.com/en-us/dimensions/videos/doctor-who-feature-3b9d49ab86a0479dbf82a5951a8eb74d

Yeah, that's very cool.... So many doctors to choose from!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any predictions on which sets will be rare? It's really hard to invest all of them.

I don't believe there will be "rare" ones, but I do believe that there will be sets that are popular long after these are retired.

Doctor Who, for instance - this is the only way to get a Cyberman right now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well this booster pack explains the Gauntlet level and check out that Spy Hunter car! If only there was a minifigure scale edition of it.

20955980645_75f6023bb8_o.jpg

In the Midway Arcade Level within the LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle find themselves in a videogame, where they must race in Super Sprint, smash their way through hordes of enemies in Gauntlet, save astronauts in Defender, and defeat robots in Robotron. For retro gamer fans, there will be a Midway Arcade Gamer Level Pack with a LEGO Retro Gamer minifigure, and an entire level with more than 20 arcade games to beat.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this review.

I would've thought that these Dimensions packs would include building instructions. It's a pity that there obviously are only in-game instructions provided for these packs.

I figured instructions for at least the primary model displayed on the package itself would have been included. I can understand why the two alternates can only be done in-game as part of the gameplay but to also limit the basic design shown is unusual. Now if it weren't for the fact LEGO does eventually give general public access to their various instructions or the fan base usually comes through, such would have restricted the Dimensions products to little else but a pricy parts pack with a minifigure and a couple of fancy stands made pointless without owning the actual game.

• 2 weeks later...

Was at TRU at 8am this morning.  Only 4 PS3 versions in stock.  They only had 4-5 of the level and fun packs.  Plenty of the regular character packs though.  There was only me and one other person there when the store opened.  Looked like they were staffed for a crowd and no one showed up.  The $20 in gift cards I  got back on my purchase was nice.  Sucks the bricktober promo doesn't work with the Lego dimensions

There was only me and one other person there when the store opened.  Looked like they were staffed for a crowd and no one showed up.  

Maybe I am being a negative nancy but these toy-to-life games seem played out. $99 price tag for the game and then having to spend big bucks to add-on? I think most people are used to getting the game for free and then spending to add-on. I have not played modern video games in sometime so I could be wrong. My kids have absolutely no interest in this game other than the Doctor Who and Stay Puft minifigs which they thought were cute, but not line up on opening day cute. They have not touched a gaming console in over a year. PC and mobile device only for this generation it seems.

I agree. I think dimensions will ultimately fail. I know that they have plans to keep it going for three years but I don't think it's going to last beyond that. There might be a couple of interesting collector opportunities (i.e. Venkman with arm printing, Portal set) but I for one will not be putting in the hundreds of dollars to play the game.