Star Wars May the 4th Lego Specials Start Tonight

Val-E

Stupid question here. Do you have to buy $150 worth of Star Wars sets to get the space slug or can it be any sets? I already have my quota for the UCS TIE and Slave I so I'd rather get something else to hit the $150. If it has to be SW sets, I might have to bite the bullet and pick up EV even though I don't like the set and I don't think it'll do well after retirement.

5 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Stupid question here. Do you have to buy $150 worth of Star Wars sets to get the space slug or can it be any sets? I already have my quota for the UCS TIE and Slave I so I'd rather get something else to hit the $150. If it has to be SW sets, I might have to bite the bullet and pick up EV even though I don't like the set and I don't think it'll do well after retirement.

Has to be SW sets, don't forget about the SC, I believe that one will do better than EV post retirement.

Edited by Deanfjr

3 minutes ago, Deanfjr said:

Has to be SW sets, don't forget about the SC, I believe that one will do better than EV post retirement.

Thanks for the info and the reminder about the SC. I have a couple of them already and don't intend to buy any more. Ideally, I'd like to just barely break the $150 cutoff to maximize my return. We'll see.

Likewise I've hit my quota for SC, EV and SL1.  I'm probably going to go for a couple of Shuttle Tydirium's to make the £100 min spend in the UK.  There's a 10 limit purchase for the Shuttle and I think this will do very well once retired.

6 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

Likewise I've hit my quota for SC, EV and SL1.  I'm probably going to go for a couple of Shuttle Tydirium's to make the £100 min spend in the UK.  There's a 10 limit purchase for the Shuttle and I think this will do very well once retired.

Not sure that's the right play at all. You don't buy items like Shuttle Tyderium off Lego, you get them much cheaper elsewhere. 

You buy stuff you can't get in other shops at good discounts. If you've already hit your target on those sets, then maybe buy the Tie Fighter early.

• Like 2

Normally, I'd agree, but when you factor in the polybag and the escape the slug set, I'm still getting a good deal, even though on a like for like basis I'm paying 10% more for each shuttle set.  I'd expect to be able to ebay that slug straight away for £150 based on US sales.

Edited by LahH001

7 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

Normally, I'd agree, but when you factor in the polybag and the escape the slug set, I'm still getting a good deal, even though on a like for like basis I'm paying 10% more for each shuttle set.  I'd expect to be able to ebay that slug straight away for £150 based on US sales.

Silly question, but did you get an invite then?

1 hour ago, oneknightr said:

It can be any set.  If you look at the invite (see below), it says "with purchases of $150 or more."  The other offers - Double VIP, FO Stormtrooper, and TFA poster all say "with Star Wars purchase."

26392244216_33ec0b6eb5_z.jpg

58 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

It can be any set.  If you look at the invite (see below), it says "with purchases of $150 or more."  The other offers - Double VIP, FO Stormtrooper, and TFA poster all say "with Star Wars purchase."

26392244216_33ec0b6eb5_z.jpg

Thanks APM! (adding to all the acronyms floating around here :devil:)

I missed that part on the invite. I guess I was too excited to read properly after getting one.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Thanks APM! (adding to all the acronyms floating around here :devil:)

I missed that part on the invite. I guess I was too excited to read properly after getting one.

Although I agree about the text on the invite, I spoke to the store near me and they said only SW sets apply. Granted, the text doesn't explicitly state that "ONLY SW" but we all know it should only be SW sets...this would be something where ymmv perhaps, but best to just consult your store upon arrival. 

I also spoke about any potential SW sets on sale and the manager said their should be some SW sets on sale but he didn't have the list yet. 

18 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

Got the nod from the manager at my local store so tonight I picked up my invite for Saturday's event!! Fingers crossed this Slug Set is worth the hype, I'm not keen on dragging myself out of bed at 6.30am on Saturday unless I'm on the golf course!!! 5e4bcaefdfe43b73ba1a1ea8ebe71155.jpg

How did you go about getting an invite for a UK store? :)  & just wondering which your local store is? (Sorry to be nosey)

How did you go about getting an invite for a UK store?   & just wondering which your local store is? (Sorry to be nosey)

Local store shown on the invite. As for how I obtained it, I'm in the store a fair bit and my VIP account shows some high activity. I got wind of the invite via this forum, called the manager and he was happy to put one aside. You have to pick up in person though before the event, he was adamant about that, no emailing it over etc.

35 minutes ago, Mos_Eisley said:

His store is listed in the pic he posted.

19 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

Local store shown on the invite. As for how I obtained it, I'm in the store a fair bit and my VIP account shows some high activity. I got wind of the invite via this forum, called the manager and he was happy to put one aside. You have to pick up in person though before the event, he was adamant about that, no emailing it over etc.

Ahh yes didn't notice the store being listed, sorry. I will ring tomorrow morning to see whether I'd be able to get an invite, unlikely to be successful though but worth a try. Thanks for the info! :)