Star Wars May the 4th Lego Specials Start Tonight

Val-E

Who's buying what?

I'm thinking 2 IST's or a Slave 1? However, for the Slave I will prb head to TRU. Even at their $229 price - 20% coupon - discounted GCs (can't make it today for truth) and reward points....it looks like I could be somewhere in the $150s...

I know there's not a ton of love going round for the AoH set but a couple folks here said they'll snag one...who's gettin what? Oh and @Lordoflego I know you can't be two places at once, will I have the ability to meet my first BPer IRL or you heading to your home store? (or likely both?) 

I haven't decided yet. It all depends on whether the Lego reps at my store allow the $150 for the slug set to include non-Star Wars sets since the invitation doesn't specifically say that it has to be all SW sets (just the stormtrooper promo does).

If it doesn't, I was thinking of picking up the Ferrari F40 plus $50 in SW sets (maybe combination of buildable figures and/or microfighters for future birthday gifts). If it all has to be SW sets, then I might just get another UCS TIE or maybe EV if I can get myself to spend $250.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

I got them both by calling stores around, Lego didn't send me any. First store didn't ask for anything and just handed me invitation, second store asked name and email. 

I was more asking about are you going to use the same VIP account when you purchase the items/promos. When I got my invitation, I had to also give my VIP account as well as name, etc. 

I'm just curious if it would be an issue if they see the same account was used to get this invite only set?

1 hour ago, midbenne said:

Who's buying what?

I was originally considering a Brick Bank, and a small SW set, so I could get the poster (hoping that the BB would get me the Slug).  But then I realized I haven't picked up a UCS TIE for personal build yet.  And that gets me everything I'm looking for.

• Like 2

I really wonder if people will be able to combine SW and Non-SW, I would take the under but then again if you can go the SW/Non-SW route that opens up more options...guess it'll be smart to have a backup plan in place behind the all SW purchase in the event that can happen...

I was more asking about are you going to use the same VIP account when you purchase the items/promos. When I got my invitation, I had to also give my VIP account as well as name, etc. 

I'm just curious if it would be an issue if they see the same account was used to get this invite only set?

How are you going to be in two places at once? My Lego Store have said I need to be there during that hour to get the Slug. Also insisting on photo id.

2 hours ago, Bags751 said:

Not sure yet, as of today I have only one VIP account...

4 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

How are you going to be in two places at once? My Lego Store have said I need to be there during that hour to get the Slug. Also insisting on photo id.

9am I'm in one store, out the door at 9:10, driving for 20 minutes to second store :)

The beauty of having few Lego stores in my area :) 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

Not sure yet, as of today I have only one VIP account...

9am I'm in one store, out the door at 9:10, driving for 20 minutes to second store :)

The beauty of having few Lego stores in my area :) 

Careful you don't raise any red flags and get banned, since the second store will see your transaction in the first store, since you will obviously be expected to put the transaction through your vip card since it's a vip event.

Edited by LahH001
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Breeder said:

Is this invitation only for US stores?

Have the UK offerings been confirmed?

I posted the apparent uk offer details so far a page or so back.  It's nothing exciting. Can't believe they still haven't updated the banner like they have the US site.  UK one just days coming soon and links to standard lego star wars listing .

If the offers are only what I've already seen i doubt I'll buy anything.  Better deals elsewhere

8 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

Careful you don't raise any red flags and get banned, since the second store will see your transaction in the first store, since you will obviously be expected to put the transaction through your vip card since it's a vip event.

Exactly what I was getting at. 

28 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

Got it figured out now. My vip card in first store, my dad's card in second. 

Edited by Lordoflego
  • Like 2

At the moment I am down to The Sandcrawler and Assault on Hoth... 

Both would be for play for me and my son down the line.  Common sense is telling me to go with the Sandcrawler but I still can't get over owning a Wampa and a Tauntaun.

Had a dream that the stores let me do 2 transactions and get a Space Slug with each of the 2 purchases :) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

[...snip...]

Had a dream that the stores let me do 2 transactions and get a Space Slug with each of the 2 purchases :) 

"You might be a LEGO investor if ...."

BTW, I had Space Slug dreams too last night - dreamt that I got into the store right after the VIP event and asked if there were any Slugs left and they just gave me one......

Yeah right, as if that's going to happen.

• Like 1

Just now, zskid00 said:

Two years ago the Malevolence and Skiff were 50% off, but also advertised just prior to the sale.  Both sold out within minutes.  Last year I don't recall anything significant being available at 50% off.  At least not any sets.

That's what I was thinking as well (in terms of last year).
I'm really not that intrigued to buy sets at 20% off. Even with the double VIP kick back and promos. 
There's time to decide though.