Star Wars May the 4th Lego Specials Start Tonight

Val-E

4 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

if the event starts at 9, is there any reason to get there too much earlier?  My only concern would be that more invites were given out than Space Slugs available

the store where i'm going to spy on @Ed Mack said only 28 invites. that means 28 sets of families from 9am to 10am.  i'll get there by 8:40am just in-case.  then again, i'm going to be flying solo with 2 kids and a stroller so maybe 8:30am is better (gotta plan for potty breaks).,

1 minute ago, jaisonline said:

the store where i'm going to spy on @Ed Mack said only 28 invites. that most 28 sets of families from 9am to 10am.  i'll get there by 8:40am just in-case.  then again, i'm going to be flying solo with 2 kids and a stroller so maybe 8:30am is better (gotta plan for potty breaks).,

Yeah I thought about bringing the wife and kid if we could have gotten 2 invites but one of the employees at my Lego store said only 1 invite per family.  In that case kid stays home with the wife so I can shop hands free!  Otherwise he's a massive handful in the Lego store.  

Edited by jonnyhanukkah

3 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

Yeah I thought about bringing the wife and kid if we could have gotten 2 invites but one of the employees at my Lego store said only 1 invite per family.  In that case kid stays home with the wife so I can shop hands free!  Otherwise he's a massive handful in the Lego store.  

the wife has a "girls night in AC" tonight so i'm forced to bring my bodyguards tomorrow.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

Who'd want to display it? It's terrible. I feel sorry for those people who have already committed to pay over $300 on eBay.

No matter if it's ugly, completionists (SW or general) will want it, and there are only 3500 available world-wide. What Ed is saying is that you are missing out on that market.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Phil B said:

No matter if it's ugly, completionists (SW or general) will want it, and there are only 3500 available world-wide. What Ed is saying is that you are missing out on that market.

Where is the 3500 production number coming from (28 x the number of Lego stores)? 

1 hour ago, Jeff Mack said:

Ed and I were just looking how some people are bidding up to $324 already for that Space Slug

Just an update: 3:30 PM Eastern, 4/29/16, currently at least 3 Buy It Now offers from quality sellers at about $245-$250... so most of us have already missed the $300 opportunity.  I want to keep the poster and the polybag... do I list now (slug only) at $210? How I hate the race to the bottom...

12 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

Just an update: 3:30 PM Eastern, 4/29/16, currently at least 3 Buy It Now offers from quality sellers at about $245-$250... so most of us have already missed the $300 opportunity.  I want to keep the poster and the polybag... do I list now (slug only) at $210? How I hate the race to the bottom...

Just noticed that myself which is slightly worrying. Don't want to buy a set which I don't like the look of and buy a set that I'm getting for the sake of it for the value of the SS to plummet when I get it. Hmm...

Yeah, when making my purchase tomorrow, I'm counting this "freebie" as about $50.  The price will be going down fast over the next week.  If it holds above $100 (or ever get's back to $100 after the initial dip), that will be fantastic, but I'm not counting on it.

• Like 1

There are always going to be sellers that are willing to offload $50 under the 'market value' to insure a quick sale, the difference here is lack of production numbers and exclusivity. Let those offload them earlier, and hold on for a few days in the hope the price rises again. Either way, $200 dollars for a 'free' set shouldn't be sniffed at!! If I can effectively get another S1 for free then I'm happy. Don't look at gift horse in the mouth guys.

Edited by Manse1001