Star Wars May the 4th Lego Specials Start Tonight

Val-E

Ist and naboo fighters are only things catching my attention.

17 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

IST might go quickly at that price, but $79.99 isn't all that much of a discount over "effective" RPP on Amazon and the others. (Cue double points debate...)

plus minifigure promo and poster.  gone in less than 5.

If I recall, most sets last year lasted about a day or so before they started going to OOS.

Also, target had some excellent deals going on last week especially with the FO Tie Fighter, FO Transporter, Kylo's Ship, and a few other sets, but they raised all their prices to RRP.  Who knows, but if they stay at RRP, then just have a 10.00 off sale, buying them last week would be the better deal.  I'll probably gun for a IST, Sith Infiltrator and call it good.

16 hours ago, jaisonline said:

the 2017 May the 4th sale will probably include the ASSault on Hoth set :) 

Doubt that very much.  Many on this site also said that ewok village was a poor seller, but each time I went to the lego stores and talked with the local worker bees, they told me a different story on that set and said it was a popular seller.  I suspect the same will occur with Assault on Hoth.  After we got the "may the 4th" promo in the mail, my boy now wants that as his birthday gift.  Kids eat these type of sets up, and lego is meant for kids mostly. 

3 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I suspect the same will occur with Assault on Hoth.  After we got the "may the 4th" promo in the mail, my boy now wants that as his birthday gift.  Kids eat these type of sets up, and lego is meant for kids mostly. 

Funny, my almost 10yr old had the same reaction. "Cool, I want that set!". I politely told him that's not going to happen unless it is >50% off :) They call me the dream-killer. Anyways, the flyer conveniently did NOT list the $249.99 asking price.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Doubt that very much.  Many on this site also said that ewok village was a poor seller, but each time I went to the lego stores and talked with the local worker bees, they told me a different story on that set and said it was a popular seller.  I suspect the same will occur with Assault on Hoth.  After we got the "may the 4th" promo in the mail, my boy now wants that as his birthday gift.  Kids eat these type of sets up, and lego is meant for kids mostly. 

The Ewok Village didn't receive this type of disgust among pretty much every Lego-related fan site. Plus no Ewok set existed prior with this much detail and popular batch of characters.  Pretty much every major OT SW is included except Vader, Emperor and Fett. 

Hey, we never know but I would wager the sets will be a dust collector after the 1st month and 1st holiday season of it's availability. Again, who knows. I just think the odds are against it. 

19 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

The Ewok Village didn't receive this type of disgust among pretty much every Lego-related fan site. Plus no Ewok set existed prior with this much detail and popular batch of characters.  Pretty much every major OT SW is included except Vader, Emperor and Fett. 

Hey, we never know but I would wager the sets will be a dust collector after the 1st month and 1st holiday season of it's availability. Again, who knows. I just think the odds are against it. 

I do think the set is overpriced by 50.00.  But, they are just following the EV price point, although this set has a few more pieces than EV.  However, the amount of minifigures is going to attract kids and make this, a selling point.  Already when my son saw the promo he was all about the amount of mini's in the set.

I'm not on board with the hate train.  I personally think considering what this set is that they did a good job.  My only gripe is they should have added a left side wall that extended back and on that wall had a lot of the elements from set 7879 like the bacta tank, weapons rack, and some of the arch tunnels.  I think my biggest grip is that the Hoth Attacks set should have been an interior add-on instead of an exterior add-on.  But whose to say there won't be an add-on come january.  If that is the case, all three sets could make something even more detailed.  The lack of Princess Leia, Chewy, C3PO, etc leaves me to guess this isn't finished yet.

32 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Ewok Village was a poor seller for a time, hence the multiple discounts and deals.  Unlike the Assault debacle, it was not really due to poor design or creativity, just overshadowed by too many other options.  The Ewok Village will destroy the Assault on Hoth set as a collectible and investment. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Which sets do people think are possibly retiring that are on the list?

Judging from last year, all the sets on that list will be gone by December.  I guess the only real surprise on that list is Battle of Takodana.  Looks like that one has a one year run, kinda like last year when the AAT and T-16 came out in winter 2015 and was gone by the end of the year.

I also think if Target/walmart/amazon has smoking good deals on FO Transporter, FO Tie-fighter, or any of the other September Force Friday wave sets, jump on them!

3 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Ewok Village was a poor seller for a time, hence the multiple discounts and deals.  Unlike the Assault debacle, it was not really due to poor design or creativity, just overshadowed by too many other options.  The Ewok Village will destroy the Assault on Hoth set as a collectible and investment. 

I read on rebelscum that the Assault on Hoth was only going to be a lego shop at home, and store only exclusive.  Granted, I believe that's how it always starts out with most exclusives, but if that is the case, and it has a short release, then that could make this set valuable. 

The amount of minifigures in this set is a selling point, especially to adults with kids.

I agree 14 minifigures is a great selling point. I wish there were one or two more snow troopers, or at least 2 Tauntauns.

(ya know there was one for Luke & one for Han in the movie, oh yea the generator has three sections instead of four) Skimped again!

Still, I am tempted to scoop it up and sell everything but the figs.

Edited by Deanfjr

34 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

trying to read between the lines are you saying ewok is a better set ?

49 minutes ago, Deanfjr said:

(ya know there was one for Luke & one for Han in the movie, oh yea the generator has three sections instead of four) Skimped again!

That's just LEGO's trick to get the real fans to buy 2 copies of the set so they can build the correct generator.

• Like 1