Star Wars May the 4th Lego Specials Start Tonight

Val-E

1 hour ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Jealous. My local store didn't want to even admit that there was even a VIP event.

I was told they were not allowed to talk about it or extend invitations initially. Perhaps you could ask again? I have 4 locations within 25 miles. The closest 2 were kind enough to offer to get me on the list. Since I don't NEED the exclusive, limited edition set, I'd rather let someone else have the opportunity. 

5 minutes ago, Poly 30286 said:

I was told they were not allowed to talk about it or extend invitations initially. Perhaps you could ask again? I have 4 locations within 25 miles. The closest 2 were kind enough to offer to get me on the list. Since I don't NEED the exclusive, limited edition set, I'd rather let someone else have the opportunity. 

I can live without it. I just want to go and get my poster. It turns out there's not much Star Wars that I still need for my personal stuff.

Still I dont know what is good on this May4 in comparsion with October 2xVIP+Xmas set... Im October I can pick EVERYTHING with double points and I can get as many Xmas bonus sets as I wish, when I divide the purchase in the shop to many parts, and this bonus set has a value between 15-30 eur. Few weeks ago we have 2xpoints + chicken for ALL sets. Now they are announced with all glory, that they give you 2xVIP points ONLY for SW sets, plus worhless polybag, and just extremly few persons get Space slug, which can bricklinked for few bucks. This event is a crap. They should at least give extra 10-15% bonus for SW sets, or should give something more valuable than these bonus sets. And I dont understand, why they are producing just few Slugs - they should give slugs for everybody, and good customers or purchases over 500 eur should get something extra.

That looks expensive.

Probably. My point was if Lego is going to release a mini-scale MF, by itself or in a promo set, make it look like a 12 year old (or older) designed it. The MF picture in the preliminary pic is an embarrassment even if it's included in a $120 ISD set for scale.

I am just going to send my wife to pick this up, & I am going fishing. Lego has hosed us with this "VIP" set & my interest of even going to the event.

And we have already complained about the bum polybag figure, perhaps the poster is the highlight this year?  Cause we know sales prices wont be.

hosed.jpg

Edited by Deanfjr
  • Like 1

Probably. My point was if Lego is going to release a mini-scale MF, by itself or in a promo set, make it look like a 12 year old (or older) designed it. The MF picture in the preliminary pic is an embarrassment even if it's included in a $120 ISD set for scale.

It sorta looks like the mini version free build they had at CVII.

Received a small mailer today promoting May the 4th. It does say there will be select sets on sale. Perhaps I want that invite after all... smh

2 hours ago, FaTEviLMoNKeY said:

The storm trooper is exclusive. Compare him to your first order transport stormtrooper. They do not look alike. 

Yes. It is an "exclusive" print

2 hours ago, FaTEviLMoNKeY said:

The storm trooper is exclusive. Compare him to your first order transport stormtrooper. They do not look alike. 

Sure, it's not Zuvio, or Maz's minions, but I think it will add to the first order trooper count..

You should have heard all the crying last year when they announced Admiral Yularen.  The amount of tissues being used in this forum took down many hundreds of acres of forest.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Sure, it's not Zuvio, or Maz's minions, but I think it will add to the first order trooper count..

You should have heard all the crying last year when they announced Admiral Yularen.  The amount of tissues being used in this forum took down many hundreds of acres of forest.

I didn't buy anything last May 4th and ended up getting Yularen for $10 shipped.  They didn't have double-vip last year either.

Hey guys I called my local store to find out about the "early access" event. The manager told me it was invite but he put me on the list. Maybe you guys can call your local store and see if they can get you in. I think I got lucky since there is no AFOL groups local (in south FL) good luck! It's this Saturday from 9-10

14 minutes ago, Nsheppard9101 said:

Oh also just curious about the release off the Hoth set "date wise" their site showed April 30th now says coming soon. The manager at the Lego store didn't even know if it came out (said he would call me back with the answer) just wondering if anyone knew the EXACT date of the Hoth set. Thanks 

May calendar states April 30th availability 

17 hours ago, Nsheppard9101 said:

Oh also just curious about the release off the Hoth set "date wise" their site showed April 30th now says coming soon. The manager at the Lego store didn't even know if it came out (said he would call me back with the answer) just wondering if anyone knew the EXACT date of the Hoth set. Thanks 

I was told from the Lego store associate the Hoth set will be for sale this Sat at our VIP event.

39 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

Got an invitation from my Lego store!  This is my first VIP event of any kind.  Is there any need to show up before 9 AM or will they have enough of the space slug sets/UCS Hoth sets for every invitation they hand out?  

28 invites per store, 28 space slugs 1 for each invite

Called my Lego store today to discuss the exclusive set and the corresponding event on the 30th. Seemed very irritated and short with me. The dialogue was as follows

Employee "Hi Thanks for calling the Lego store"
ME "Hi, I was just calling as I heard some rumblings about an exclusive event at the store for the May the 4th event in which there may be some exclusive sets given away in addition to promos"
Employee "Ummmm Where did you hear this?
Me I had read on a few forums and seen some of the promotional information on some various sights as well as LUGs
Employee" Are you a member of a LUG group?
Me "Not yet- my area is a distance away from the Main LUG in your area- though i am in process of joining"
Employee Ok it is in an invite only and their will be a space slug set. DONT SELL THE SET IT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE (he was very adamant about telling me this)
Me" Ok I was mainly just curious since I heard about it

After this he told me 3 more times not to sell the set and finalized giving me an invite. Was overall a pretty awkward conversation as it felt as if I was trying to get classified info from the FBI or something lol

Edited by tgdxowned
spelling

16 minutes ago, tgdxowned said:

Called my Lego store today to discuss the exclusive set and the corresponding event on the 30th. Seemed very irritated and short with me. The dialogue was as follows

Employee "Hi Thanks for calling the Lego store"
ME "Hi, I was just calling as I heard some rumblings about an exclusive event at the store for the May the 4th event in which there may be some exclusive sets given away in addition to promos"
Employee "Ummmm Where did you hear this?
Me I had read on a few forums and seen some of the promotional information on some various sights as well as LUGs
Employee" Are you a member of a LUG group?
Me "Not yet- my area is a distance away from the Main LUG in your area- though i am in process of joining"
Employee Ok it is in an invite only and their will be a space slug set. DONT SELL THE SET IT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE (he was very adamant about telling me this)
Me" Ok I was mainly just curious since I heard about it

After this he told me 3 more times not to sell the set and finalized giving me an invite. Was overall a pretty awkward conversation as it felt as if I was trying to get classified info from the FBI or something lol

So now you are going to list the set on EBay, right?

• Like 4