Star Wars May the 4th Lego Specials Start Tonight

Val-E

3 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Of course, I like it.

It's not really any different than the Tatooine set or the Dagobah set.  And those were available in smaller numbers.

Slight difference is this one is terrible.  No idea why TLG just didn't make a 160 piece count Cloud City or Darth Star.  Having to spend $150 on SW sets is kinda tough for non-reselling folks that already own the UCS and TFA MF.  At least make the giveaway a decent design or a minifigs set. NO IDEA why a space slug set would even be considered,. 

turrible.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LahH001 said:

What do people think?  If this is what it actually is, there's going to be a lot of disappointment.  Maybe this is TLG way to get people excited about the Hoth set, since this actually makes the Hoth set look good!

12923118_10154159037900337_530370539577498084_n.jpg

Well, that's something.

Slight difference is this one is terrible.  No idea why TLG just didn't make a 160 piece count Cloud City or Darth Star.  Having to spend $150 on SW sets is kinda tough for non-reselling folks that already own the UCS and TFA MF.  At least make the giveaway a decent design or a minifigs set. NO IDEA why a space slug set would even be considered,. 

turrible.jpg

I definitely agree about the choice. Although I love little sets like this - this and the 2 2015 convention sets are almost the Architecture series of the SW line - I too am puzzled by the subject matter.

We've already got ANH and ESB....waiting for a similar set for RotJ.

45 minutes ago, psusyntar said:

Do you think they only invite as many people as these exclusive sets there are going to be?   So if we say about 28 per store there are only 28 invites?  Just curious if it would be in the best interest to be there as soon as they open up to the invited people.

Nothing to think about, that is exactly what they do. There are only 28 invites per store, and therefore only 28 sets per store.

They are opening up the store early to people with invites only, no one else will be able to get in. Some stores aren't even allowing those with invites to bring a guest. Showing up there at that time won't really do you any good. 

Edited by Bags751

I'm not sure what else you guys could have expected given the description and the piece count.  I'm sure the finished product will look a little better since the preliminary images are never flattering.  If anyone who has an invite is complaining about a freebie, I will send you my address so you can forward it and then you don't have to worry about it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

EVERY SET that is ever posted before anyone gets it in their hands is always met up with 20 negative comments to every positive one on this site.  It's kind of old hat at this point.

I think the group picture I took during the last BP face-to-face meeting explains it all:

StatlerandWaldorf-custom-embroidered-pat

• Like 8

2 hours ago, fossilrock said:

EVERY SET that is ever posted before anyone gets it in their hands is always met up with 20 negative comments to every positive one on this site.  It's kind of old hat at this point.

Except the Tumbler! 20 thread pages of unadulterated lust and how soon to reach a million dollars speculation.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Deanfjr said:

Ah yes, that set we no longer talk about.... time to open up the old thread...

With what news? The sale price continues to fall and the market is awash with them! Better to let time take its toll and check back in a year or 5.

Edited by Val-E

7 minutes ago, Val-E said:

With what news? The sale price continues to fall and the market is awash with them! Better to let time take its toll and check back in a year or 5.

The sale price is falling?!? QUICK - let's snap some up at these rates because they will be worth their weight in gold in a year from now!

stampede-1082.jpg?w=970

• Like 2

21 hours ago, LahH001 said:

What do people think?  If this is what it actually is, there's going to be a lot of disappointment.  Maybe this is TLG way to get people excited about the Hoth set, since this actually makes the Hoth set look good!

12923118_10154159037900337_530370539577498084_n.jpg

This is what I was expecting. Did people really think they were going to get a 400-500 piece set for free?  Also, I bet this can be Bricklinked for a fraction of the $60 ebay cost assuming there are no exclusive or hard to find pieces. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bags751 said:

Nothing to think about, that is exactly what they do. There are only 28 invites per store, and therefore only 28 sets per store.

They are opening up the store early to people with invites only, no one else will be able to get in. Some stores aren't even allowing those with invites to bring a guest. Showing up there at that time won't really do you any good. 

Turned down an invitation today after seeing the slug set. I'd rather sleep in