Star Wars May the 4th Lego Specials Start Tonight

Val-E

Just picked up my invite, I tried to see if I could get an extra one, they were not able to do it. I asked the store associates if they had any pictures of what the space slug looked liked, they had no idea they were preaching it is a "secret set" I guess time will tell. Its going to be one of those hard decisions to keep for personal or sell for profit I am sure due to the limited rarity of this event.  

IMG_1671.JPG

Edited by Deanfjr

1 minute ago, exciter1 said:

If I drove 100 miles each way, I'd keep it.  If I drove 10 minutes, I'd sell it.

I am about 50 miles each way from the store, so I am split down the middle haha! :beerhat: I would say for me, it will all depend on what the set really is, big, small, cool, not, and what the resale value fetches. There is too much to speculate right now with nobody having any real info on the set. all we have is @Alpinemaps saying "Another poster on Eurobricks as said they've seen a picture of the set, and that it's small - around 150 pieces.  They also mentioned the scale to be similar to that of an Advent Calendar MF.", and that gets no credit IMO because it is almost like saying, I have beachfront property for sale in Nevada are you interested? we need cold hard proof not just "some guy said he seen"

1 minute ago, Deanfjr said:

I am about 50 miles each way from the store, so I am split down the middle haha! :beerhat: I would say for me, it will all depend on what the set really is, big, small, cool, not, and what the resale value fetches. There is too much to speculate right now with nobody having any real info on the set. all we have is @Alpinemaps saying "Another poster on Eurobricks as said they've seen a picture of the set, and that it's small - around 150 pieces.  They also mentioned the scale to be similar to that of an Advent Calendar MF.", and that gets no credit IMO because it is almost like saying, I have beachfront property for sale in Nevada are you interested? we need cold hard proof not just "some guy said he seen"

If it breaks $150, it would be hard to hold onto.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, wolvergeek said:

Called local Lego store and asked to get on list. They said it was only people on AFOL list that got invites. :(

I got the same speech at two of the stores I called but the third one, well that one stood and handed me an invite. Kudos to anyone that got the reference............:ahappy:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Deanfjr said:

21 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

If it breaks $150, it would be hard to hold onto.

I haven't seen any new info posted (my source was Eurobricks).

@exciter1 is on the money.  I'm sure the box art will be nice, but, at $150, I'm more than willing to sell.  I'm planning on picking up a UCS TIE finally, and selling that to pay for it would certainly help.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DadsAFOL said:

It's a vignette similar to the image above. ~160 pieces. The only polys with that many pieces were the master builder academy sets, so it's possible it's bagged not boxed, but seems unlikely.

I agree.  I don't think LEGO would be so secretive about a polybag.