Star Wars May the 4th Lego Specials Start Tonight

Val-E

12 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

Yeah, when making my purchase tomorrow, I'm counting this "freebie" as about $50.  The price will be going down fast over the next week.  If it holds above $100 (or ever get's back to $100 after the initial dip), that will be fantastic, but I'm not counting on it.

Just keep the set.  It's a very collectible item and most people don't get a chance to own one.  Sets like these will eventually be more valuable than many exclusives. 

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Just keep the set.  It's a very collectible item and most people don't get a chance to own one.  Sets like these will eventually be more valuable than many exclusives. 

I would love to keep it for those reasons, but TLG has shown us this past year that nothing is really "exclusive, VIP, limited production, limited time only".  This could show up on the shelves at Walmart next year.

28 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

I would love to keep it for those reasons, but TLG has shown us this past year that nothing is really "exclusive, VIP, limited production, limited time only".  This could show up on the shelves at Walmart next year.

Sets like these?  I don't think so.  

19 minutes ago, Deanfjr said:

Give it little time and the replicas will be on the market .... Just like the Bat-Pod

Sell early, buy late

Replica of what?  The box?  The pieces themselves are not important.  Sometimes it's about having a set that is truly rare.  I appreciate the entire package.  It's not always about flipping.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kenxxx said:

Just an update: 3:30 PM Eastern, 4/29/16, currently at least 3 Buy It Now offers from quality sellers at about $245-$250... so most of us have already missed the $300 opportunity.  I want to keep the poster and the polybag... do I list now (slug only) at $210? How I hate the race to the bottom...

So why race to the bottom?  It's not like there are 100s of sellers, or even 10s of sellers right now.  You've got three sellers.  You're complaining about the race to the bottom and you're dropping the price by $35.  smh

2 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Where is the 3500 production number coming from (28 x the number of Lego stores)? 

I may have mentioned that number first, but I got that from Eurobricks.

Comic Con sets had 2000 (not 2500) of each.

This set really is not different from those.  Is it the lack of a minifigure?  Or the subject matter?  I'm trying to comprehend the hate, considering the love for the other two sets.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

So why race to the bottom?  It's not like there are 100s of sellers, or even 10s of sellers right now.  You've got three sellers.  You're complaining about the race to the bottom and you're dropping the price by $35.  smh

I'm talking about making my offer at a lower price because I would not be including the poster nor polybag in my offer.  The only thing I dislike more than participating in the race to the bottom, is being "noble"... waiting until it is over, and then wishing I had sold two days ago.

Quite happy with that if I'm honest. I take it we'll get a poster too (I think it looks really good)?

And regarding the mr.freeze, will us euros get that poly too as it finishes on the 30th April?

Edit: Just had a look, and the mr freeze cannot be given with another free gift. I'll see whether my local store will be generous if they have any left 

Edited by darkhorseoflego

Looks like I'm going to just buy 2016 sets that are on sale to make the $150 threshold for the Space Slug set.  Was going to buy the Attack on Hoth set, but after seeing the reviews, not sure when if ever I'll buy that set.  It will take a healthy discount.

Maybe someday Attack on Hoth will be like Cloud City, a set with great markup because very few bought it?

Edited by JimboJet

17 minutes ago, darkhorseoflego said:

Quite happy with that if I'm honest. I take it we'll get a poster too (I think it looks really good)?

And regarding the mr.freeze, will us euros get that poly too as it finishes on the 30th April?

Edit: Just had a look, and the mr freeze cannot be given with another free gift. I'll see whether my local store will be generous if they have any left 

You're happy with that.  It's a complete stinker of a deal when you look at US offers.

They won't get a penny from me direct in next few days better offers elsewhere. Not spending over the odds to get a different storm trooper.

3 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

You're happy with that.  It's a complete stinker of a deal when you look at US offers.

They won't get a penny from me direct in next few days better offers elsewhere. Not spending over the odds to get a different storm trooper.

I know the US offers are better, but they always get better offers, so gotta be grateful in the UK. Don't get me wrong tho, if it wasn't for that space slug I wouldn't be buying anything from them direct tomorrow. 

4 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

On exclusives we get the better deal. We have 14.5% off overall (including VIP) and they have 10% off, because that's what 2xVIP is. I just poured my wallet into EV and Slave I.

Just now, MagicShop said:

Not really.... they have plenty of offers over there... i would "kill someone" to get those type of offers over here ;)

Who cares about retail sets? They have about 15-30% off deals 2xVIP included. You can get same or better offers for those in other outlets. For exclusives they have worse deals.